Timeline of Axeoth

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Timeline of Axeoth

Unread postby Corlagon » 01 Dec 2007, 23:35

I've gone and made a timeline of Axeoth's history. Naturally it contains spoilers, so please avert your eyes if you're opposed to that sort of thing. I did some pretty hard research in Heroes IV and Might and Magic IX as well as LotA Books 1 and 2 on most of the dates, but please let me know if you come across any mistakes or anything I forgot to add.

I've included the map of Axeoth here for convenience, made by Marzhin. I hope he doesn't mind me doing so. I'm not certain about the name of the Heroes IV continent, so following the map's example, I refer to it as Lodwar.

If you'd like a version of the timeline in a clearer format (with pretty colours, whoopee) I'd advise you to download or view it at this link:

http://thespinwardtales.wikispaces.com/ ... Axeoth.rtf

Without further ado... :D

B.C. = Before the Great Cataclysm
A.C. = After the Great Cataclysm

? B.C. Convergence of the Elements
The four elements converge in the Void, creating the world of Axeoth. Life is born, and the continents are formed.

? B.C. The Crossing
The Ancients seed the world of Axeoth with humanoid races. Civilisations gradually begin to sprout across the continents.

ca 968 B.C. Arrival of the Elves
The Creators succeed in destroying one of the Ancient-colonized worlds, and the first Elves (among some other races) arrive on Axeoth through portals from this destroyed planet. Throughout the years they will populate the continents and divide into fourteen seperate Clans, each with their own customs and traditions. Their main bastion is Etendar, the kingdom of the Elves in Rysh.

ca 659 B.C. The Great War
Escaton the Destroyer is sent by the Ancients to trap the Kreegan Vanguard upon Axeoth inside an astral landmark known as the Tomb of a Thousand Terrors using a Guardian "instrument" known as the Staff of Blue Light. A bitter war ensues, in which Escaton claims victory, though the Kreegans who escaped his trap reach a Nexus connected to the Web of Worlds and manage to undo it, causing the "Silence" of the Ancients which affects all planets in the Spinward Rim. After the war Escaton passes the Staff of Blue Light on to the Red Dwarves of Rysh.

500-0 B.C. Dia Clan Era
Ursanian Empire expeditionary forces discover the land of Cheh'dian, the land of the Dia Clan, in Rysh. Skirmishes take place between small groups of Humans and Half-Orcs. Cheh'dian, or Chedian, is mapped by Ursanians.

? B.C. The Ursanian Empire is Forged
Hubris, the future original Ursanian Emperor, begins to forge his Empire.

225 B.C. Death of Emperor Integris
The Ursanian Emperor, Integris (also known as the Suicidal Emperor), finally manages to kill himself.

ca 200 B.C. The Rise of Verhoffin
A sorcerer, using the name "Verhoffin", constructs a large tower in a remote province near the centre of the Ursanian Empire. He proclaims the tower as an independant, sovereign province. Emperor Ralfor and his successors later mount many unsuccessful campaigns against Verhoffin.

23 B.C. Jevar Sets Out
Jevar the Bastard, the illegitamite son of Emperor Trandis, sets out to destroy his father's empire.

ca 10 B.C. Nazrim's Quest
The Ursanian Emperor, Trandis, assigns a master assasin named Nazrim to kill the sorcerer Verhoffin. Nazrim spends the next ten years commisioning magical artefacts and training in order to prepare for the monumental task ahead.

0 B.C. The Great Cataclysm
Nazrim attempts to assassinate Verhoffin, but fails. In response, Verhoffin climbs to the top of his tower and casts the Eye of the Storm spell. His magics ravage the lands around his tower for thousands of miles, summoning earthquakes, tearing the earth asunder and destroying numerous Ursanian cities. The Verhoffin Sea is thus formed, and the Elven kingdom of Etendar along with the city of At'rann is claimed by the waves.

13 A.C. Fall of the Ursanian Empire
Jevar the Bastard finally slays his father, the Ursanian Emperor Trandis. The Empire finally falls apart after this event.

73-75 A.C. Minespring's Fall
Ichvan I attempts to convince the dwarven town of Minespring to produce weapons for his army. After two years of refusals, Ichvan sends his Mendossian armies to is raze the town.

ca 100 A.C. Discovery of Elemental Thorjad
Elemental Thorjad, a rare and easily-enchanted metal, is first discovered in the Miner's Gulch region of Thjorgard.

ca 112 A.C. The Early Wars begin
The first four Thjoradric Wars are fought in Rysh. Later in the century, a chief known as Bjarnus the Mighty founds the city of Thjorgard.

238 A.C. The Middle Wars begin
The Jarl of Thjorgard, Hridmir Strawhands, kills his older brother Hafgrim. Their father, Dain Fasoltssen, invades Thjorgard after Hridmir refuses to pay a wergild of 2000 pounds of Elemental Thjorad. Dain conquers Thjorgard after Hridmir flees and holds it for two days before his daughter, Oda, arrives and chases his army from Thjorgard, laying siege to Thronheim. Three wars ensue.

320 A.C. Death of Roj'ere
Roj'ere, the so-called mad scholar who invented many unstable though genius creations, dies.

340 A.C. Death of Sven Bloodaxe
Sven Bloodaxe, the mightiest of the warriors of Sturmford, dies of old age.

350 A.C. Semi-invasion of Thjorgard
Frosgard invades Thjorgard under the leadership of Jarl Olaf the Fat. Wandering off, Olaf is killed by brigands while his army marches towards Thjorgard, and his sword, Jorhgamesh, is stolen. The Frosgardian army is decimated, and the survivors are taken prisoner.

404 A.C. The Final War begins
Thjorgard ceases paying tributes of Elemental Thorjad to Thronheim, under the leadership of Geitlif Strongpick. Strongpick utilises the tunnels below Thjorgard to whittle down Thronheim's enforcing army, though the two nations continue waging war for over a decade.

418 A.C. End of the Final War
The closure of the mountain pass between Thronheim and Thjorgard brings an end to the Final War. The people of both nations slowly befriend each other until hostilities die out and they reach a solid time of peace.

511 A.C. Ivsar Forktooth's Capture
The Drangheim clan in Chedian captures Ivsar Forktooth, General of Sturmford.

? A.C. Events of "The Gathering Storm" begin
Five heroes from Devonshire named Bohb, Agraynel, Alita Eventide, Kozuss and Dogwoggle set out to destroy the mad Wizard, Hexis, who has been creating diabolical mutants and disrupting the balance of Nature. They recover five sets of powerful magical artefacts, then purge Hexis's monstrosities from Devonshire. Finally, they reach Hexis's castle, where they put an end to his life, restoring Nature's balance and cleansing his corruptive influence.

? A.C. Events of "Winds of War" begin
Five conquerers from five very different lands with five very different agendas all covet one prize. Mysterio the Magnificent, Erutan Revol, Spazz Maticus, Mongo and Baron Von Tarkin muster their armies from minor kingdoms across the continent of Rysh and focus all their efforts on attacking Channon, a mighty human bastion formed from one-third of the long-dead Ursanian Empire. Their armies eventually converge at the Last Bastion, where Mysterio succeeds in defeating the four opposing leaders, claiming Channon for his own.

516 A.C. The Second Crossing
The world of Colony is destroyed by the Convergence of the Blades. Mysterious portals sprout up all across Lodwar, conveying thousands of survivors from Colony onto Axeoth. Many new settlements and kingdoms are quickly founded in the eastern lands, including Palaedra, Aranorn and New Bracada.

517 A.C. Events of "Glory of Days Past" begin
In the Tribal Lands, the Immortal Hero, Tarnum, and his foster son, Waerjak, unite the Barbarian tribes into one community. Tarnum is killed by a warlord named Vogel Backbreaker. Waerjak destroys Vogel's armies and kills him. Afterwards, Tarnum refuses Paradise and returns to Axeoth.

519 A.C. Events of "A Pirate's Daughter" begin
Tawni Balfour, the daughter of a Pirate who survived the Second Crossing, begins her conquest of the Gold Sea southeast of Lodwar. She soundly razes the ports of Frigiston and Yaranthrae, and kills Captain Swift, her father's murderer. Her first mate, Pete Girly, betrays her, but she eventually slays him as well. Lastly, she conquers the Gold Sea by destroying the Palace of the Mer-Queen and all of her Mermaid armies. Tawni also learns that her true father was one of the shipmates on her crew, Eight-Fingered Oba.

520 A.C. Events of "The True Blade" begin
Lord Lysander of Palaedra embarks on a quest to prevent a Knight, Sir Worton, from usurping his kingdom. Worton claims to be the direct descendant of the Erathian Gryphonhearts and claims to hold the Gryphonheart Blade as proof. Lysander, along with his advisor Milton, the clerics Adamus and Proetho, the Swordbearer Sir Kentaine, and his wife, Desette, manage to expose Worton's blade to be a fake. Lysander claims the true Gryphonheart Blade and uses it to defeat Sir Worton, ending his uprising.

521 A.C. Events of "Writ of Fate" begin
Four heroes from Ravensford in Chedian set out on a trip to Mendossus, but are shipwrecked on the Isle of Ashes. They meet a man named Forad Darre, who offers to accompany them. Through a Writ of Fate, they discover their destiny to unite the Clans of Chedian. They unite many of the clans and stand against the armies of Beldonia, led by Prince Tamur Leng. A battle breaks out, and Tamur Leng is killed, though Forad Darre betrays the heroes. Meanwhile, a Kreegan Succubus named Ebora enters the Astral Plane to search for the Kreegan Vanguard, but is banished. She later travels to Lodwar. The four heroes die and enter Arslegard, where they learn that Njam the Meddler, the God of Chaos and Mischief, crafted their Writ of Fate, which is a fake. They co-operate with the Gods to seal Njam inside the Tomb of a Thousand Terrors. They succeed, receiving their true Writ of Fate.

523 A.C. Events of "Elwin and Shaera" begin
Gramin, a general of Aranorn, embarks on a mission with his armies to solidify the loyalty of neighbouring port towns. Elwin, a young Druid, escapes from a pirate attack on Gramin's ship with the commander's daughter, Shaera. He eventually leads her to Dolphin Jump, where they meet with Gramin, safe and well. Elwin is sent to restore an alliance with the White Tigers, and is then persuaded to seek the lost Bow of the Elf King by a rival, Lord Harke. Harke takes advantage of Elwin's absence to hypnotise and covet Shaera. Elwin is ambushed by Mirilass, Harke's captain, but escapes and frees Shaera from Harke's influence. Harke mounts an uprising and attacks Aranorn, but Elwin is crowned King of Aranorn and manages to defeat the Elven leader. He and Shaera begin their rule.

526 A.C. Events of "The Price of Peace", early events of "Half-Dead" begin
Emilia Nighthaven leads a group of Halflings and Dwarves to victory over some rogue barons in the middle-eastern alpine areas of Lodwar. She establishes the wizard kingdom of Great Arcan, and Gavin Magnus sends Solmyr ibn Wali Barad to assimilate her realm into New Bracada. Solmyr is defeated, and is sent to find the Rainbow Crystal. Magnus uses the Crystal to hypnotise everyone in Great Arcan apart from Emilia and a few of her generals. Solmyr, horrified at his master's plan, joins with Emilia to overthrow Magnus. In their last battle, Magnus wounds Emilia, but the Crystal is destroyed - along with his mind. Also, Gauldoth Half-Dead, a Necromancer, sacks the city of Vitross and founds the kingdom of Nekross to the northeast of Great Arcan.

527 A.C. Later events of "Half-Dead" begin
Gauldoth Half-Dead journeys to the fiery ruins of Colony and rescues his old master, the Lich Kalibarr. Kalibarr becomes King of Nekross, and orders Gauldoth to activate the Points of Power and to retrieve the Deadwood Staff from a Vampire named Malvich. Gauldoth eavesdrops on Kalibarr, and watches as he enters the Plane of Death with the Staff. He conspires with the God of Death in a plot to bring about the end of Axeoth. Gauldoth rises up against Kalibarr, killing him and sealing the portal to the Plane of Death. He and a Kreegan, Suraze, defeat Kalibarr's loyalists and restore Nekross.

528 A.C. The Queen Recovers
Queen Emilia Nighthaven of Great Arcan finally completes a spell that allows her to recover from the fatal wound Gavin Magnus dealt her in the battle of Arcania. Also, at her behest, Taddevan the Enchanter completes a map of Lodwar and Rysh, the two continents in Axeoth known to the survivors from Colony. In Nekross, the Kreegan, Suraze, is proclaimed a Duke.

529 A.C. Events of "The Sunken Kingdom, Part 1" begin
The war criminal, Lord Harke, escapes from Aranorn following a raid from the Pirates of the Gold Sea under Tawni Balfour. He reaches the borderlands and is captured by Menathat, a member of the Council of Elders, but breaks out of his prison with the help of a soldier and flees the Elven lands. He soon encounters Thalia a'Deneb, one of the "true" Elves of Axeoth, and departs underground with her to live among the A'Rikdun clan.

532 A.C. Events of "The Sunken Kingdom, Parts 2, 3 and 4" begin
Pryden a'Menkar sends Harke to overcome a Minotaur army led by Darkstorm, taking advantage of Harke's absence to arrest Thalia and her family, the sil of Deneb. Harke frees the Denebs, then he and Thalia pursue Pryden's forces to the city of At'rann where Pryden hopes to claim rulership over the lost kingdom of Etendar. They are ambushed by the forces of Pryden's general, Mantis a'Ctarus, but manage to rout his forces and discover the forgotten truth behind the so-called "true" Elves of Axeoth. Pryden's tactics for defeating Aranorn's armies fail and he becomes wedged between the forces of Elwin and Harke. Convincing the Minotaur, Darkstorm, to fight in alliance with the sil of Deneb, Harke defeats Pryden. The traitor is sent back to Ar'Rikdun to stand trial, the Aranornians and "true" Elves form an alliance and the Minotaurs are given total control over the Blacksword mountains.

535 A.C. Events of "Fires from the North, Parts 1 and 2" begin
Duke Suraze, leader of the Kreegans in Nekross, is killed by his own subordinate, Malustar, who assumes command of the Omega Hive. He leads the Kreegans deep into Nekross, capturing the cities of Nekorrum and Vitross, and defeating Gauldoth at Chiaroscuro. Gauldoth himself flees Nekross. In Great Arcan, Milton, the Ambassador of Palaedra, is wounded by Nazreem, an assassin disguised as Solmyr ibn Wali Barad, the Great Arcan Ambassador. A border war breaks out between the two countries.

536 A.C. Events of "Fires from the North, Parts 3, 4, 5 and 6" begin
Solmyr and Emilia defend Arcania from Lord Lysander's Palaedran forces. They also successfully repel a Kreegan attack led by Malustar. Gavin Magnus finally recovers from his "coma" and escapes in the siege of Arcania. Solmyr departs for the Wheel to uncover the assassin's identity. He mortally wounds Nazreem and learns that Gavin Magnus has sent him to impersonate key figures, thus damaging the peace between the northern nations. Malustar travels north and meets Ebora, saving her forces from the Palaedran Order of the Dawn. They then head for the isles near the Gold Sea to retrieve the Staff of Blue Light from the Pirate Kingdom.

NOTE: 1175 A.S. (Colony calendar) = 516 A.C. (Axeoth calendar)
Last edited by Corlagon on 28 Feb 2008, 16:03, edited 11 times in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Timeline of Axeoth

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Dec 2007, 12:21

Corlagon wrote:I've included the map of Axeoth here for convenience, made by Marzhin. I hope he doesn't mind me doing so. I'm not certain about the name of the Heroes IV continent, so following the map's example, I refer to it as Lodwar.
I still think that Rysh and HIV continent should be on others hemispheres. When someone posting:
MMIX takes place in a region called Chedian, on the continent called Rysh. We are across an ocean, and several thousand miles away from the continent Heroes 4 will be using.
...I don't think that Channon and Tribal Lands can exist so close to Rysh.
Corlagon wrote:? B.C. The Crossing
The Ancients seed the world of Axeoth with humanoid races. Civilisations gradually begin to sprout across the continents.
Well - it seem that Ancients also vistited Axeoth since Silence (but not through Gate). And they fought and defeated the Kreegan on this planet. Check this note from game.
Corlagon wrote:199 B.C. The Rise of Verhoffin
A sorcerer, using the name "Verhoffin", constructs a large tower in a remote province near the centre of the Ursanian Empire. He proclaims the tower as an independant, sovereign province. Emperor Ralfor and his successors later mount many unsuccessful campaigns against Verhoffin.
It was before year 200 B.C. - not after this date (that is in my manual).
Corlagon wrote:516 A.C. The Second Crossing
The world of Colony is destroyed by the Convergence of the Blades. Mysterious portals sprout up all across Lodwar, conveying thousands of survivors from Colony onto Axeoth. Many new settlements and kingdoms are quickly founded in the eastern lands, including Palaedra, Aranorn and New Bracada.
I don't think so - MM9 begins in 521 A.C. - Nicolai wasn't on Axeoth more than few weeks/months after Reckoning:
As I recall I think we made Nicolai around 23 in MM9

Hmm, never really thought about that. I figured that he'd been around for a couple weeks or months when the player met up with him.
Corlagon wrote:519 A.C. Events of "A Pirate's Daughter" begin
520 A.C. Events of "The True Blade", events of "Glory of Days Past" begin
In the Tribal Lands, the Immortal Hero, Tarnum, and his foster son, Waerjak, unite the Barbarian tribes into one community.
If I am right (see above), you should "move" all dates about four-five years.
Next - in "Half-Dead" campaign there are some mention about barbarians riding Emilia's kingdom. I don't think that tribes under Wearjack's leadership would attack Great Arcans. And I also don't think that necromacer spoke about some another barbarians than that from Weajack's campaign.
Corlagon wrote:523 A.C. Events of "Elwin and Shaera" begin

See above about dates and Reconing.
Corlagon wrote:530 A.C. Events of "The Gathering Storm" begin

532 A.C. Events of "Winds of War" begin
It is based on something or you just guessed it? I don't think any mention about when it could happened in these campaign or even where (how far from place of HIV original campaigns).

PS
I don't play HIV campaigns from long time, so I may be wrong with (simply don't remember) some facts.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 02 Dec 2007, 13:14

I still think that Rysh and HIV continent should be on others hemispheres. When someone posting:
Quote:
MMIX takes place in a region called Chedian, on the continent called Rysh. We are across an ocean, and several thousand miles away from the continent Heroes 4 will be using.

...I don't think that Channon and Tribal Lands can exist so close to Rysh.
Why not? There is an ocean there, and no info about seperate hemispheres or anything. "Heroes 4" doesn't necessarily mean "Heroes IV: Winds of War". Don't you think it's more interesting this way? :)
? B.C. The Crossing

Well - it seem that Ancients also vistited Axeoth since Silence (but not through Gate). And they fought and defeated the Kreegan on this planet. Check this note from game.
I can't check the note right now but I see nothing wrong with including the Crossing. The same thing happened on Colony, you know.
It was before year 200 B.C. - not after this date (that is in my manual).
Dammit, I meant 201 B.C. Fixing as we speak, thanks. ;|
I don't think so - MM9 begins in 521 A.C. - Nicolai wasn't on Axeoth more than few weeks/months after Reckoning:
Quote:
As I recall I think we made Nicolai around 23 in MM9

Hmm, never really thought about that. I figured that he'd been around for a couple weeks or months when the player met up with him.
He says "I figured", not necessarily canonical information. And here's an old quote from Kareeah:
As for MMIX, I’ve heard Nicolai was 23 in that, and he was 10 in MMVI and IIRC 16 in Armageddon’s Blade. I also did some research with Lysander’s Campaign. (Skip to the bottom for the important stuff, this is just my line of thinking):

Desette said it had been 6 years since she’d last seen her husband. Since he was the Gryphonheart swordbearer and while Morgan Kendall was regent he wasn’t a Gryphonheart SFAIK, it isn’t unreasonable to assume he left with Catherine to go to Enroth. Assuming there wasn’t more than a year between that map and the first one, that means the Reckoning was 2 years after AB.

The Demon War ended the year before MMVIII according to the story in MMVIII, and MMVIII started in 1172 AS. So following this line of reasoning we get the following:

1162 – Night of Shooting Stars
1165 – MM6, Catherine leaves for Enroth (Nicolai 10)
1168 – MM7, Restoration War has ended
1171 – Demon War in here (Nicolai 16)
1172 – MM8
1173 – Reckoning
1177 – Lysander’s Campaign
1178 – MMIX (Nicolai 23)
I just realised that I marked the Reckoning as 1175 A.S. - better fix that. :|
If I am right (see above), you should "move" all dates about four-five years.
Next - in "Half-Dead" campaign there are some mention about barbarians riding Emilia's kingdom. I don't think that tribes under Wearjack's leadership would attack Great Arcans. And I also don't think that necromacer spoke about some another barbarians than that from Weajack's campaign.
I said the Barbarians in the Tribal Lands were unified, not necessarily any outside of that region such as the ones under Gurt, in Emilia's campaign. Gurt had nothing to do with Waerjak.
523 A.C. Events of "Elwin and Shaera" begin

See above about dates and Reconing.
The events of "The Price of Peace" is correct - in LotA, Solmyr says Book 1, Part 3 takes place in 536 A.C. and that Magnus was defeated a decade earlier.

"Half-Dead" logically occurs later that same year, as Emilia has already established Great Arcan. Nothing wrong with "The Queen Recovers" as that is only referenced in LotA.

"Elwin and Shaera" is just a guess.
It is based on something or you just guessed it? I don't think any mention about when it could happened in these campaign or even where (how far from place of HIV original campaigns).
A guess. How else do you expect me to place them? :D

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Re: Timeline of Axeoth

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 02 Dec 2007, 16:50

Avonu wrote:Next - in "Half-Dead" campaign there are some mention about barbarians riding Emilia's kingdom. I don't think that tribes under Wearjack's leadership would attack Great Arcans. And I also don't think that necromacer spoke about some another barbarians than that from Weajack's campaign.
You both forget--Waerjak doesn't have to attack Emilia, Emilia could attack Waerjak.

'No, she couldn't! She wouldn't!' you say.

Yes, she would, because when Gauldoth burned Vitross, he got Captain Enric (???) to run to Great Arcan and claim Barbarians destroyed the town in exchange for quasi-immortality as a Vampire. Since Gauldoth slaughtered everyone else in the area, it isn't as if there was anyone left to contradict his claim--they'd all be shuffling around Nekross as zombies and such. So Emilia could, quiet easily, launch an attack on Waerjak and his people, thinking she was defending her country and not realizing she was being the agressor. Waerjak and company would bloody well know they didn't attack her town, and wouldn't be especially inclined to make friends as they weren't on especially good terms with Bracada (the whole dislike/distrust of magic thing, remember), so they probably wouldn't quietly hand themselves over to justice for a crime they didn't commit. Poof, instant war.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Dec 2007, 17:32

Corlagon wrote: Why not? There is an ocean there, and no info about seperate hemispheres or anything. "Heroes 4" doesn't necessarily mean "Heroes IV: Winds of War". Don't you think it's more interesting this way? :)
Check on map of Earth to see how much is several thousand miles between two points.
But it is detail about map not Axeoth history.
Besides I didn't seen any better map that Marzhin's map, so let's assume that is (more or less) correct.
I can't check the note right now but I see nothing wrong with including the Crossing. The same thing happened on Colony, you know.
I don't remember that Ancients personally visited Enroth since or before Silence. But they do it on Axoeoth.
Well - it was only additional information to you.
Dammit, I meant 201 B.C. Fixing as we speak, thanks. ;|
Better sounds ca. 200 B.C.
A guess. How else do you expect me to place them? :D
I don't know - maybe some missing texts from game files?

@KI
As I said, I didn't play HIV for long time - I don't remeber some "minor" facts.
Thanks

@Corlagon
And now some info about Chedian from MM9 artifacts and items (it's from Flamestryke's site) that I think you can include in timeline:

Hubris - This belt was looted from the Chasm of the Dead, and is allegedly the belt that was worn by Emperor Hubris himself when he began to forge the Ursanian Empire. Some scholars believe that this belt helped him defeat the invaders and forge an empire.

Sturkabygel - Sturkabygel was looted from the dwarven town of Minespring when it was razed by Ichvan I in 75 AC. It was taken by one of his soldiers who went on to become one of his most prominent generals. After his death, it was kept in the family as an heirloom. It was taken from them by the Thjoradric Raiders during a raid of Heronport.

Sygnir - This axe was forged 200 BC in Minespring. The dwarves of that era were exceptional at their ability to create incredible weapons. In 73 AC, Ichvan I tried to convince the dwarves to begin making weapons for his new Mendossian Army. After 2 years of negotiation, Ichvan tired of their refusals and razed Minespring.

Thjorad - This maul first appeared about 10 years AC, when most people were still picking up the pieces of the Great Cataclysm. It is said to be made out of pure Elemental Thjorad, and is very, very heavy. Many smiths have tried to copy this maul, and have only suceeded in making very heavy magic items.

Blackpowder - This device was created by the mad scholar Roj'ere sometime before his death in 320 AC. He was called a genius by some, a madman by others. This paticular invetion uses a strange black powder to propel a projectile from it's muzzle. Roj'ere was extremely proud of this invention, but died before he could refine it and make it safer to use.

Bloodaxe - This axe is named after the Sturmford warrior Sven Bloodaxe who was ever victorious in combat. Although it is denied by many, he finally died in 340 AC of old age.

Kraftig Bage - This bow was carried into battle by the mighty warrior Halfnorr the Ox-Shouldered. It conferred upon him great strength and skill. He was slain by another warrior, Sven Bloodaxe, when they met in battle in Thjorgard.

Jorhgamesh - Jorhgamesh was comissioned by Olaf the Fat during his short reign as Jarl of Frosgard. He believed that with this sword he could conquer and unite all the Clans of Chedian

Integris - Named after the Old Ursanian Emperor who commited suicide in 225 BC, this is the dagger that he used to finally end his life. Emperor Integris was often called the "Suicidal Emperor" because of his many attempts to end his own life. Ironically, on most of his attempts, the weapon broke in his hand before he could complete the task.

Formanir - This spear was cast over the heads of the Tredskas rebels by Krohn himself when they rebelled against the gods and tried to capture Arslegard. Desipte their leader being one of the most powerful magicians of the time, and the army made up of hundreds of thousands of skilled warriors, not a single Tredskas rebel left the battlefield that day. Korhn left this spear behind as a warning to mortals who thought to rebel.
(Actually I think it's old norse legend)

...and items that sound familiar:

Lachmon Hauberk ("common" armor) - It is not known where this suit of mail came from. Most of the suits in circulation were looted from the shipwreck of an unknown ship outside of Lachmon Cove. What is known about this armor is it fits well, is light, and very strong.

Haklea Shovis ("common" shield) - This shield comes from a shipment of shields that washed up on Lachmon Cove from an unknown shipwreck. It's name is derived from the words written on the side of the crates. It's origins and history are not known, but it is one of the strongest and lightest shields you can carry.

Brongnoker - Pitted and dented, this helm does not look like much. Looks can be deceiving however. Brongnoker was made before the founding of the Ursanian Empire, with long lost forging techniques. This helm is probably the finest protection for the head in the world.

Samarjit - This staff is made of an unknown metal. It is surprisingly light, and also very, very old. It was found with documents written in Old Ursanian that suggest it predates even the earliest mention of the Ursanian Empire. Not even the documents explain who made it, how they made it, or where it came from.

Have a nice fun.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 02 Dec 2007, 19:25

Hey, thanks again Avonu. I'll get going on that right away.

As for TGS and WoW, there are no missing texts at all so I'm just working on what we have to go on.

EDIT: Okay, I made the last few edits. Until the next three campaigns in LotA are released, I guess it's final now, unless there's anything I don't know about.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 03 Dec 2007, 03:39

Corlagon wrote:Hey, thanks again Avonu. …
And thank you Corlagon for the link to the cool map and history. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 03 Dec 2007, 15:57

You're very welcome. :)

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Dec 2007, 11:54

I feel honored to see LotA's story put there with the rest. Thanks Corlagon :)

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 05 Dec 2007, 12:04

To be honest i think LotA should be removed, fanfic will always remain a fanfic, doesn`t really matter how good/bad it is.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 05 Dec 2007, 13:04

Fanfiction or not, Legends of the Ancients is a great campaign and it stays very true to the Heroes IV story arc. It does nothing but good for the storyline, and is the only forseeable continuation of Heroes IV, so I won't remove it.

@Marzhin, I should be thanking you for the great campaigns. Hope Book 2 will appear sometime this decade :D

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Dec 2007, 13:12

Corlagon wrote:@Marzhin, I should be thanking you for the great campaigns. Hope Book 2 will appear sometime this decade :D
I sure hope that too. If only real life™ could stop getting in the way... :devious:

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 09 Feb 2008, 13:24

Made some updates with info on the Great War and LotA Book 2. :)

EDIT: Woot, 4000th post in the subforum. :D

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 28 Feb 2008, 14:11

Just to clarify a little thing : in LotA storyline, the Kreegans who caused the Silence are not the ones trapped in the Tomb, but the others who escaped Escaton's trap ans survived the following batlle (during which Ebora was buried alive).

About the fates of the Kreegans in the Tomb... you'll learn soon™ enough :)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Feb 2008, 15:58

Thanks for that, I'll fix the error. :) I wonder where / what the Gate Nexus was if not inside the Tomb.

EDIT: Done, and I've also replaced the old link with one that directs users straight to the timeline file.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 28 Feb 2008, 16:55

Corlagon wrote:Thanks for that, I'll fix the error. :) I wonder where / what the Gate Nexus was if not inside the Tomb.
Well actually (as explained by malustar at the end of LotA book 1) the Tomb of Thousand Terrors was originally the first city of the dwarves (called Dvergahalt, but the name has long been forgotten).

This is something that will be explained more in-depth in Book 3, but here is a small bit of this story (quoted from memory because I haven't my texts at hand right now, I'm at work ^^'). It's not very important for Book 3's plot (it's only backstory) so it's not too spoilerish :)
When the battle was over, King Svalinn of the Dwarves moured upon the loss of the great city of Dvergalhalt, turned into an eternal prison for the Kreegan host. Seeing this, Escaton, the great Planeswalker, gave him his great staff :

"I don't know if this is worth a city, but I entrust you this. It should give your people power and knowledge, if you use its power wisely. But you must know some day in the future a Guardian will come to this world and claim the Staff as his. You will have to give him, for this is the Worldcrafters' will."

But when Escaton had departed, Draupsnir, the King's advisor, argued they should instead use the Staff to undo what the Planeswalker had done and bring back Dvergalhalt from the Astral realm. But Svalinn dismissed him, saying :

"There is no more city, what is left is a place of darkness where only evil dwells now. We should forget the name of Dvergalhalt and remember it only as what it is now : a Tomb of Thousand Terrors."
The surviving Kreegans managed to leave Axeoth. In the aftermath of the Battle of the Arc, the Ancients, thinking the war was finally over, were less vigilant. Thus, the small group of Kreegans was able to locate the Nexus Gate and the rest is history...

Demilich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Demilich » 28 Feb 2008, 18:27

So, was the whole Vanguard sent to the Axeoth?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Feb 2008, 19:10

You will have to give him, for this is the Worldcrafters' will."
Heh heh, another Geary Gravel reference there :)

Thanks a lot for the info Marzhin, yet more lore to add to the storyline bible. Great to see Escaton active somewhere outside MM8, he had a short run...

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 28 Feb 2008, 20:07

Demilich wrote:So, was the whole Vanguard sent to the Axeoth?
The Vanguard is a what you could describe as an elite commando, even its member are not "regular" Kreegans but cybernetically and genetically enhanced ones (this is to explain why the Devils and Archdevils you encounter in the Tomb at the end of MMIX are quite different from the usual ones :p)

The Vanguard has few members but they are very, very tough and nasty (look at Ebora : she survived a millenium buried alive...)

In the final days of the Great War, when the Kreegan lords were becoming more and more desperate, the Vanguard was sent on the mission to locate the Nexus. They divided their forces on several "young" worlds to that purpose. They were defeated everywhere (or so it is believed :p)

The Axeoth group was the last one and had already devastated an entire world on their quest for the Nexus Gate. This is why the Ancients decided to send Escaton, their favorite "Kreegan eliminator", to take down this menace once and for all.

But upon seeing how some of them had survived and caused the Silence, the Ancients decided to issue their "scorched earth" order to destroy a world rather to take the risk of having surviving Kreegans finding a way to the homeworlds.

(It is a bit late here so sorry if my english is a bit awkward ^^')

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Feb 2008, 20:12

Marzhin wrote:...and had already devastated an entire world on their quest for the Nexus Gate.
...The Fiery Moon?
Last edited by Corlagon on 27 Jun 2010, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”