The Heroes Round Table Forum Index
"Forums for the Might & Magic enthusiast"
>> It's here! Now leave the forum and go play ... ;) <<
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Username:   Password:    Autologin   

Will of Asha Walkthrough Started
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Heroes Round Table Forum Index -> Articles
<< :: >>  

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 24 2007, 13:53    Post subject: Will of Asha Walkthrough Started Reply with quote

The Will of Asha campaign is the first campaign of the Tribes of the East expansion, following a brief tutorial. It tells the story of Ornella, a fallen knight who is guided by Giovanni the vampire hero.

The detailed walkthrough written by our resident expert maltz starts with an overview of dark energy, for those of you who have not played with the new necromancy yet and are unfamiliar with the "nerfed" necromancers. Next comes the usual section about skill selection and the step-by-step instructions to complete the level... and get a little surprise.

More articles should become available during the next few weeks. But remember that finishing a scenario on your own is more fun, even if we try not to include any major spoiler in our articles.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=711
Conscript
Conscript
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 24 2007, 14:52    Post subject: Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Last Soul Reply with quote

Nice walkthrough.

I picked up vampires as bonus, and haven't took second red town - though, did lure and kill a hero. Army production from one town was quite enough.
Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 24 2007, 15:20    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

Ornella is not an entirely new character: Ornella and Giovanni were introduced in a single player scenario in HoF.
maltz
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 24 2007, 16:15    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that out. I have to admit that I have never played any SP scenario. :p
aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 24 2007, 16:21    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

The first time that Ornella was releveled I was forced to take some really poor choices, but I found that instead of having to restart the entire map you can load the cinematic and then re-relevel her again.
maltz
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 24 2007, 16:51    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

True. But when I did that the choices were all the same as if the random number has been already decided at the beginning of a mission. Or maybe you took some other skills early, resulting in different skills to be available later?
Edited on Wed, Oct 24 2007, 12:51 by maltz
aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 24 2007, 16:57    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

That's more probable. In the past when I've loaded a map near a level-up the choices have been the same.
Moragauth
Demon
Demon
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 24 2007, 22:10    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

Ornella is... interesting. I like Arantir. Funny though, when you begin the first mission with him... he is level 1. Extremely powerful necromancer indeed...
aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 25 2007, 0:35    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

I was worried that he would come with some skills already picked (because given the skills carry-over heroes had in HOF they'd probably be awful).
Moragauth
Demon
Demon
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 25 2007, 21:55    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

Arantir is wunderbar actually. He starts with great skills, and his special power is awesome.
aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 25 2007, 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I realise now that I phrased that badly. I was worried that Arantir would start at a higher level, and as a result have some skills already picked. Given the poor skill choices that they gave heroes such as Duncan and Raelag in HOF I was worried that he would be another such case.
Avatar of Death is cool. Here's a thread about it on the forums which has what abilities it gains as Arantir goes up in level.
http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7416
Nebs
Conscript
Conscript
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 26 2007, 2:24    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

Replayed this map today, and indeed, liches seem like a better choice of bonus as at start, you have quite a few battles with undead, so vampires are not *that* useful. Especially fight when you first "meet" new upgrades and battle for first red town.
Moragauth
Demon
Demon
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 26 2007, 11:20    Post subject: Tribes of the East Will of Asha Last Soul Standing Reply with quote

Aaelgr, I understood what you meant the first time round. smile Raelag was horrible in the HoF campaign. IIRC he didn't even have Warlock's Luck.

Nebs, yep, the Lichs are a far better choice.
Nebs
Conscript
Conscript
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 26 2007, 13:13    Post subject: Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Last Soul St Reply with quote

Wouldn't say far better choice, as I had quite a lovely time taking vampires last time. But these two first week battles are easier with liches.
agni77
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
CH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedCH - Will of Asha Walkthrough StartedPosted: Oct 31 2007, 6:18    Post subject: Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Last Soul St Reply with quote

vampires' stock fall dramatically when you have to fight golems, gargoyles, elementals and other undead. they just become beefed up furies, really, with no 'fall back.'

i just started playing the campaign because of this intro, but generally i hate the new nerfed necromancers. at least the dark energy bar is now visible... but all of my heroes seem to share the same bar... not nice...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Heroes Round Table Forum Index -> Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 3