User made campains

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
valdleik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

User made campains

Unread postby valdleik » 28 Aug 2007, 10:50

Anyone who knows if there exists any user made campains for hommV? Or if there are any in progress?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 28 Aug 2007, 13:18

There's ghosts of the past about which have been no news lately and legends of the ancients that has the first chapter out.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Simira
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Simira » 20 Sep 2007, 10:54

Where can I normally find user made campaigns? Is it a common link or something?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 20 Sep 2007, 11:02

The ability to make user made campaigns only started with patch 1.5 or HOMM5 original.

A patch to bring Hammers of Fate up to 1.5 content, including the ability to make user made campaigns was promised a loooooooooong time ago but Ubival has so far not delivered on that promise.

Therefore, I would be suprised if there are any user made campaigns other than what was mentioned above.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 20 Sep 2007, 13:42

Courtesy of Dexter from heroescommunity:
The developers want to make some patches for the map editor alone, so people can make more stunning maps, and campaigns like Legends of the Ancients.
Also, despite hearing that they were aiming to release the patch before tribes comes out it now makes sense that they will release the 2.2 patch after tribes comes out. I guess there are some unit price changes.

edit: he got the info from a polish interview.

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 20 Sep 2007, 13:44

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:The ability to make user made campaigns only started with patch 1.5 or HOMM5 original.

A patch to bring Hammers of Fate up to 1.5 content, including the ability to make user made campaigns was promised a loooooooooong time ago but Ubival has so far not delivered on that promise.

Therefore, I would be suprised if there are any user made campaigns other than what was mentioned above.

GOW
That's interesting, meaning isn't LOTA meant to be played under HOF?? So therefore wasn't the campaign made using the HOF editor???
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 20 Sep 2007, 17:47

Wurtzel wrote:
Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:The ability to make user made campaigns only started with patch 1.5 or HOMM5 original.

GOW
That's interesting, meaning isn't LOTA meant to be played under HOF?? So therefore wasn't the campaign made using the HOF editor???

They used a mod to make it. The Hammers of Fate editor does not have the ability to make campaigns.

As for it making sense that they have waited to release the 2.2 patch, I disagree. The 2.2 patch was supposed to bring Hammers of Fate up to the content and changes that were added in 1.5. They should have been able to do that fairly quickly and it should have been done at the same time as the 1.5 release or shortly thereafter because it was only adding what was added in 1.5.

And then when TOTE comes out the 1.6 patch and the 2.3 patch should come out shortly thereafter, or at the same time.

The decision not the integrate the expansions into the original game was a poor decision and has resulted in a lot of problems. Now there is going to be an even bigger mess with them needing to produce 3 patches at a time (HOMM5 original, HOF, TOTE) for each language version. Patches have already been verrry slow comming out, much slower than the once per month that was promised.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 21 Sep 2007, 02:45

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:[
They should have been able to do that fairly quickly and it should have been done at the same time as the 1.5 release or shortly thereafter because it was only adding what was added in 1.5.

And then when TOTE comes out the 1.6 patch and the 2.3 patch should come out shortly thereafter, or at the same time.

GOW
What you are saying makes perfect sense around the time patch 1.5 was released. But right now it is 3 weeks before the release of the expansion. They should release the 2.2 which brings it up-to-date with changes in 1.5 now and then they could do another patch for after ToTE. But what are they actually going to do?

I'm saying that if they are going to finalize the versions they may as well make sure everything is on the same page between all the final versions...which they would do after Tribes is released.

Yes the patch schedule is slow if your schedule is 1 patch per month. It's true that is what Fabrice said. So what?

Is it really slow to have 5 patches 1.5 years after release?

The important thing is that they want to do map editor specific patches...isn't that what guys like Jeff and other map makers from the previous games want?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 21 Sep 2007, 06:03

PhoenixReborn wrote:
Grumpy Old Wizard wrote: They should have been able to do that fairly quickly and it should have been done at the same time as the 1.5 release or shortly thereafter because it was only adding what was added in 1.5.
[GOW

What you are saying makes perfect sense around the time patch 1.5 was released. But right now it is 3 weeks before the release of the expansion. They should release the 2.2 which brings it up-to-date with changes in 1.5 now and then they could do another patch for after ToTE. But what are they actually going to do?

I'm saying that if they are going to finalize the versions they may as well make sure everything is on the same page between all the final versions...which they would do after Tribes is released.

Yes the patch schedule is slow if your schedule is 1 patch per month. It's true that is what Fabrice said. So what?

Is it really slow to have 5 patches 1.5 years after release?
Well, yes, since they haven't released patch 2.2 it makes sense to wait now. Although they have not said one peep on the official forums about when TOTE will be released although it has been delayed although not officially announced on the website as delayed. Which I find strange.

And actually, I was talking about slowness in patch Hammers of Fate, especillay related to bringing it up to content with the 1.5 patch. We are working on 8 months between HOF patches and over 4 months since the patch 1.5 for the original HOMM5.

And I was explaining to the original poster that this delay is one reason why he can't find user made campaigns. HOF patch 2.1 simply does not allow you to make them with the map editor. Heck, I had delayed my latest HOF map, "Shadow Dreams" because I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for the next patch because I wanted to see what the balance changes would be and did not want to have to come back later to rebalance my map and do the playtesting all over again. I finally went ahead and finished it up. I am making plans for another map now when I might have taken a shot at a campaign instead.
--HOF was released November 17, 2006.
--Patch 2.1 was released on January 30, 2007 and contained fixes to various bugs, balance changes and improvements to the map editor.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5 was released May 24, 2006.
Patch 1.1 was released on June 6, 2006, and contained an auto-patcher and easy difficulty mode, as well as numerous bugfixes.

Patch 1.2 came out on July 20, 2006, fixing multiplayer mode and many minor issues.

Patch 1.3 was released on September 13, 2006, and contained the Map Editor as well as corrections to numerous bugs and balance issues.

Patch 1.4 was released on November 11, 2006, and contained fixes to various bugs, balance changes and improvements to the map editor.

Patch 1.41 was released on January 30, 2007 and contained fixes to various bugs, balance changes and improvements to the map editor.

Patch 1.5 was released on May 3, 2007 and contained fixes to various bugs, balance changes and improvements to the map editor.

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 21 Sep 2007, 18:30

Elvin wrote:There's ghosts of the past about which have been no news lately and legends of the ancients that has the first chapter out.
Some of you may be interested to know that GotP has been resurrected, see here: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=23547

Cinnabar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cinnabar » 22 Sep 2007, 16:11

That looks promising. I'm continually amazed at the efforts put forth by some players! (y'know, the talented ones... not like me... :D )

Return to “Heroes V-VI”