H5 scripting util alpha tests

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

H5 scripting util alpha tests

Unread postby Pitsu » 13 Jul 2007, 17:06

A little attempt to bring H5 allmighty scripting back to H4 style dialogue windows, so that people with no programming skills are not scared away.

At the same time my first ever visual basic application. :D

Most likely full of every kind of bugs (It is ALPHA release damnit!), although myself have managed to do some scripts and PWL/thumbnail image additions with it. "help" parts are probably most undeveloped at the moment (besides things not developed at all)

Any kind of suggestions and bug and problem reports please post in this thread.

image 1
image 2

Download - Has to be unzipped into H5 main directory (4 files + a directory full of reference and working files.)

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 13 Jul 2007, 17:54

8|

This definatly opens up a lot of possibilities. As long as you can keep the grammar well (bad grammar annoys me, something personal) and keep everything understandable for people like me, this could very well help out a large number of map makers!

I'll be waiting for amore finalized version, and if it ends up the way I'd personally like to see it, this might just be the thing that can push me back to making storyline/event-driven maps as I did for heroes 3. Definatly keep going on this, I for one appriciate it :)

As for a question; will you be bringing back the H3 "Event" objects? Or will you aim for a more Warcraft 3-wise editor making use of regions?

Regardless, this looks very promising. Heck, you even seem to be working on the PWL/thumbnail additions, which is one of the things that has been majorly annoying me ever since I opened the map editor! :-D

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”