On the Subject of Tarnum

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ChrisAsmadi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

On the Subject of Tarnum

Unread postby ChrisAsmadi » 29 May 2007, 16:10

I have a few questions about Tarnum, the hero from the Heroes Chronicles series...

a) How'd he get released from the ancient's control and start advising Waerjak?

b) How old is he?

c) What happens in the final four chronicles games (I've played WotW, CotU, MotE and CotD)?

d) What order, aside from Warlords of the Wasteland, obviously, are the Heroes Chronicles chronologically set?

Cheers in advance.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 May 2007, 16:52

Tarnum completed the quest given from his Ancestors and therefore was released to be free of theirs bounds. His quest was to retrace all bad deeds from past.

It's usually hard to track the ages of immortals, but till they are looking good, hey, who cares?

I have uploaded text from Chronicles somewhere within maparchives6 group.
(Look at end in files section)
If you would like some short extract I can only encourage you to do it and put it back here ... ;)

Edit: Some whereabouts can be also found here.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 May 2007, 21:01

Wait, wasn't watching over Waerjak his final quest? And at the end he refused Valhalla?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 May 2007, 21:17

You are asking to much TT I never played H4 campaigns, just jumped into fews. But question was directed on what happened before.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 30 May 2007, 08:47

It's great to have access to those texts, thanks Pol :)

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 04 Jun 2007, 10:46

On the point of chronology, we can at least state the obvious :

Warlords of the Wasteland is the first one. Tarnum is still alive and fights the Wizards of Bracaduun who have enslaved the barbarians. The kingdom of Erathia doesn't exist yet.

Conquest of the Underworld comes next, twenty years or so after Tarnum's death. Rion Gryphonheart founded the kingdom of Erathia.

Master of the Elements is the next chapter. The kingdom of Bracada has raised over the ashes of Bracaduun. First appearance (chronologically) of the Immortal King Gavin Magnus.

---

• The World Tree and the Fiery Moon probably happen somewhere between Master and Clash because the Kreegans of the Fiery Moon allied with Vorr are not the same Kreegans who invaded Enroth during the Night of the Shooting Stars (Tarnum is worried that those demons could follow Vorr to his world, implying there are no Kreegans yet on Enroth), and Kilgor is not the king of the barbarians.

---

Clash of the Dragons happens quite a bit of time after that. Adrienne, Gelu and Mutare from Armageddon's Blade appear. Waerjak is a young boy, so it probably happens roughly one decade before the events in Heroes IV.

• The Sword of Frost is the final chapter and leads to the events of the Reckoning.

The only one left is Revolt of the Beastmasters but I am not sure when it takes place. Obviously after Warlords but probably before Heroes III : RoE (the mudlanders are still enslaved)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: On the Subject of Tarnum

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Jun 2007, 11:59

ChrisAsmadi wrote: b) How old is he?
About 1000 years old (IIRC from his bio or it was HIV?)

c) What happens in the final four chronicles games (I've played WotW, CotU, MotE and CotD)?
The Wolrd Tree - Tarnum have to save "World Tree" (which is beneath Antagarich) from necromancers and barbarian tribe worshiped Ancestror Vorr*.

The Fiery Moon - Tarnum have to go after mad Vorr to the another dimension/planet, save other two Ancestors and neutralizate Vorr's treat. It's happened just after World Tree.

Revolts of the Beastmasters - don't played but from what I know, Tarnum have to free mudlans folks from Erathia's grasp
The Sword of Frost - Tarnum (as overlord) have to stop Gelu (and Kilgor's wife) from obtain Sword of Frost.
Marzhin wrote:The World Tree and the Fiery Moon probably happen somewhere between Master and Clash because the Kreegans of the Fiery Moon allied with Vorr are not the same Kreegans who invaded Enroth during the Night of the Shooting Stars (Tarnum is worried that those demons could follow Vorr to his world, implying there are no Kreegans yet on Enroth), and Kilgor is not the king of the barbarians.
I don't sure that they were Kreegans. Demons yes, but Kreegans?

*full text about this worship:
"True, but recently a brutal tribe of Barbarians from a land called Krewlod have turned one of their ancient kings into a war god, and they make sacrifices to him. They felt they needed a perfect leader to inspire them to greatness once again. Apparently, one of the Ancestors accepted this worship, drew power from it, and took on the form of this war god. He even gave himself a name - Vorr," said Addar.
Krewlod was a familiar name. It was the new name given to my homeland. Could this ancient Barbarian King have been me?"
Last edited by Avonu on 04 Jun 2007, 12:09, edited 2 times in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 04 Jun 2007, 12:01

Does "Mudlands"/"mudlanders" refer to Tatalia?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Jun 2007, 12:08

Yes - IIRC what I read, Tarnum helped them established own kingom - Tatalia (Tarnum also once enslaved mudlanders - in Warlords of the Wasteland).

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: On the Subject of Tarnum

Unread postby Marzhin » 04 Jun 2007, 12:23

Avonu wrote:
Marzhin wrote:The World Tree and the Fiery Moon probably happen somewhere between Master and Clash because the Kreegans of the Fiery Moon allied with Vorr are not the same Kreegans who invaded Enroth during the Night of the Shooting Stars (Tarnum is worried that those demons could follow Vorr to his world, implying there are no Kreegans yet on Enroth), and Kilgor is not the king of the barbarians.
I don't sure that they were Kreegans. Demons yes, but Kreegans?
Well, that's a good question. Tarnum already encountered "Demons" (as "evil spirits tourmenting the souls in the underworld") in Conquest of the Underworld and those of the Fiery Moon don't seem related. What we know about the Fiery Moon demons :

- They come from another world rather than a plane of the dead.
- This other world (the Fiery Moon) is not their homeworld, they came and conquered it. Tarnum even meets survivors of the original inhabitants who help him vanquish Vorr.
- Tarnum says about them : "Wherever they went, I imagined Skizzik's kind turning every world into a copy of this Fiery Moon. And my world was certainly next" hinting at the Kreegan invasion in the future.

That's why I assumed the demons of the Fiery Moon are indeed Kreegans.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Jun 2007, 12:56

Yes, I know about these facts from HC but you must also remember that Inferno from H3 isn't only Kreegan's town but also is inhibitet by creatures forced to allied or enslaved by Kreegans (such like gogs, efreets or demons). And we don't know from where are these creature come from (beside maybe efreets or gogs).

EDIT:
One more thing - in The Fiery Moon (story) there isn't mention such word as "devil(s)" (which also sometimes describes Kreegan).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Jun 2007, 14:31

theLuckyDragon wrote:Does "Mudlands"/"mudlanders" refer to Tatalia?
Yes, this is not Harry Potter :tonguehands:

In one of last episodes in Revolt of ... is revealed in ancient ruined swamp city remnat of gigantic statue with Tarnum face, here is where they got know that who enslaved them once also helped them back now - only that boy. But witches guessed that already.

Also Tatalia is in witchian and it means "Freedom".
"We made it!"

ChrisAsmadi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ChrisAsmadi » 07 Jun 2007, 13:22

Marzhin wrote:On the point of chronology, we can at least state the obvious :

Warlords of the Wasteland is the first one. Tarnum is still alive and fights the Wizards of Bracaduun who have enslaved the barbarians. The kingdom of Erathia doesn't exist yet.

Conquest of the Underworld comes next, twenty years or so after Tarnum's death. Rion Gryphonheart founded the kingdom of Erathia.

Master of the Elements is the next chapter. The kingdom of Bracada has raised over the ashes of Bracaduun. First appearance (chronologically) of the Immortal King Gavin Magnus.

---

• The World Tree and the Fiery Moon probably happen somewhere between Master and Clash because the Kreegans of the Fiery Moon allied with Vorr are not the same Kreegans who invaded Enroth during the Night of the Shooting Stars (Tarnum is worried that those demons could follow Vorr to his world, implying there are no Kreegans yet on Enroth), and Kilgor is not the king of the barbarians.

---

Clash of the Dragons happens quite a bit of time after that. Adrienne, Gelu and Mutare from Armageddon's Blade appear. Waerjak is a young boy, so it probably happens roughly one decade before the events in Heroes IV.

• The Sword of Frost is the final chapter and leads to the events of the Reckoning.

The only one left is Revolt of the Beastmasters but I am not sure when it takes place. Obviously after Warlords but probably before Heroes III : RoE (the mudlanders are still enslaved)
I would place Revolt after the World Tree/Fiery Moon. Simply because, I believe Tarnum mentions learning about Sharpshooters from Gelu during his stay with the elves, thus meaning Gelu is alive at that point, and is a qualified commander. As Gelu becomes a qualified Forest Guard commander during Shadow of Death, and the events of Shadow of Death (or atleast, the events of Scepter of Power) immediately preceed Restoration of Erathia, which contains Tatalia as a country and the Kreegans as an invading force. Thus, they must have been freed from slavery before that point.

Thus, I propose this order

Warlords of the Wasteland
Conquest of the Underworld
Master of the Elements
The World Tree/The Fiery Moon
Revolt of the Beastmasters
Shadow of Death(except Scepter of Power)
Scepter of Power
Restoration of Erathia (except Seeds of Discontent)
Armagedon's Blade (except Foolhardy Waywardness)
Clash of the Dragons
Seeds of Discontent
The Sword of Frost

The only one I can't place is Foolhardy Waywardness, but I SUSPECT, that as it features Christian as a young man, and he participated in the events of Restoration of Erathia as a middle age man (main hero of Long Live the Queen), that this is around the Shadow of Death/Revolt period.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 07 Jun 2007, 13:31

Pol wrote:Also Tatalia is in witchian and it means "Freedom".
Actually it means "Community".
Revolt of the Beastmasters wrote:In an elaborate ceremony today, Adamina and the other wisewomen announced the name of their new nation.

"We shall call it Tatalia after a word from the Forgotten Language of our Ancestors used today only by our Witches!" said Adamina.

The Mudlanders cheered, obviously agreeing with the new name. I looked around at these people, at how close they had become over the last months. Except for the scars on their bodies, there was no indication that they had been slaves a short time ago. When the ceremony was over, I pulled Adamina aside and asked her what Tatalia meant.

"Community," she said. "You gave me the idea, actually, when you told me this was a task for all our people, not just one."

"Oh, well, I'm glad to be of help," I said.

Community - it was a fitting name.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Jun 2007, 17:55

ChrisAsmadi wrote:As Gelu becomes a qualified Forest Guard commander during Shadow of Death, and the events of Shadow of Death (or atleast, the events of Scepter of Power) immediately preceed Restoration of Erathia, which contains Tatalia as a country and the Kreegans as an invading force.
No - events from SoD take time between H2 and H3:RoE - it was 10 years. IIRC Gem (or maybe Yog?) has mentioned in beginning of her campaign that Sucession Wars had ended not so long ago (or something like that).
Warlords of the Wasteland
Conquest of the Underworld
Master of the Elements
The World Tree/The Fiery Moon
Revolt of the Beastmasters
Shadow of Death(except Scepter of Power)
Scepter of Power
Restoration of Erathia (except Seeds of Discontent)
Armagedon's Blade (except Foolhardy Waywardness)
Clash of the Dragons
Seeds of Discontent
The Sword of Frost
This campaign take time at ending of RoE but before MM7 (and Armageddon's Blade). But I think that rest of this order can be right (maybe Revolts can be after Fiery Moon or maybe not - there isn't much info to be sure which of these chronicles was first). Homever there is one clue in MM7's history book, which describe Harmondale's castle history and mention that erathian king wasn't so good (behavior like in Revolts).
The only one I can't place is Foolhardy Waywardness, but I SUSPECT, that as it features Christian as a young man, and he participated in the events of Restoration of Erathia as a middle age man (main hero of Long Live the Queen), that this is around the Shadow of Death/Revolt period.
It takes place not long before RoE - IIRC Christian was saved by Cathrine's fleet sailing to Erathia for Gryphonheart's furneal.

Marzhin wrote:"We shall call it Tatalia after a word from the Forgotten Language of our Ancestors used today only by our Witches!"
These "Ancestors" leanguage is from barbarian (Tarnum), Bracaduun or maybe from someone else?

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 08 Jun 2007, 02:29

Clash of Dragons takes place some time between the Night of Shooting Stars and Armageddon’s Blade, because of the presence of the Kreegan. (And that’s not even counting Mutare’s Infernos at the end, lol.)

Also in the last map the King of Erathia is mentioned, so it would have to take place before King Gryphonheart is poisoned. (Dimly possible it’s General Morgan Kendall they’re referring to, but he was Regent, not King.) So, prior to Restoration of Erathia. As an aside, assuming Waerjak’s campaign wasn’t too long after the Reckoning, this would leave him around 10-14 (being very rough with the estimate here), which is old enough for him to go hunting but still need a babysitter, which fits in nicely with the beginning of CoD.

@ Avonu—yes, it was Gem.

And it’s been a while since I played Revolt, but I’d place it well before Shadow of Death—as in, a couple of centuries before. There were still signs (physical signs, not just the changes imposed on society which could perpetuate themselves and therefore outlast the ruins and whatnot) left over from Tarnum the Barbarian Tyrant. Also, while this is pure opinion on my part, Tatalia in HMM3 seemed entirely too self-confident as a nation to be relatively newly released slaves.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Jun 2007, 06:35

Kareeah Indaga wrote:Clash of Dragons takes place some time between the Night of Shooting Stars and Armageddon’s Blade, because of the presence of the Kreegan. (And that’s not even counting Mutare’s Infernos at the end, lol.)
I don't think so - it would be time between AB and Sword of Frost. Why? Because all campaigns in AB (without Christian's) take time simultaneously and in AB Mutare became Dragon Queen.
And there isn't such word as Kreegan in Clash - these demons/devils may be not Kreegans or may be some single force saved from AB (in H4 and MM9 there are clues that some of Kreegans could survived storming of Kreelah).

Clash of Dragons prologue:
"Mutare was human once, but her thirst for power drove her to drink a potion that turned her into a Dragon. Soon, she became the Dragon Queen of Nighon where her reputation for cruelty became as well known as her desire to rule the world."

and epilogue:
"After her defeat, Mutare fled to Nighon to lick her wounds and plot Tarnum's death, but she soon met her fate at the hands of another. Tarnum would always remember the years he spent in AvLee as the happiest time of his life, but it wasn't long before the Ancestors called him away."
Also in the last map the King of Erathia is mentioned, so it would have to take place before King Gryphonheart is poisoned (Dimly possible it’s General Morgan Kendall they’re referring to, but he was Regent, not King.).
It's also possible that Erathians choose next king and Kendal is no more regent.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 10 Jun 2007, 17:14

Avonu wrote: I don't think so - it would be time between AB and Sword of Frost. Why? Because all campaigns in AB (without Christian's) take time simultaneously and in AB Mutare became Dragon Queen.
Actually, there is no indication given that Mutare’s campaign happens at the same time as the rest. (Or if there is, point it out to me as I didn’t see anything of the sort.) For example:

Armageddon’s Blade:
--ties into Dracon’s because mention is made of Sleen being dropped into battle between Dracon and the Faerie Dragons.
--ties into Festival of Life because mention was made of the beginning of the Festival of Life (in the first map, IIRC)

Playing with Fire:
--ties into Armageddon’s Blade because Adrienne was told Erathia couldn’t send help because, hey, we’re already fighting a war against the demons here!
--ties into Festival of Life because mention was made of the end of the Festival of Life

Dracon’s and Kilgor’s were mentioned in the other two but no other mention was made in them IIRC.

But NO mention of the other campaigns was made in Mutare’s, nor was she referred to in any of the others, even in passing. There is absolutely no guarantee of when the Dragon’s Blood campaign takes place, and the only evidence for it being at the same time is circumstantial; it’s thrown in with the rest of them.
Avonu wrote: And there isn't such word as Kreegan in Clash - these demons/devils may be not Kreegans or may be some single force saved from AB (in H4 and MM9 there are clues that some of Kreegans could survived storming of Kreelah).
According to Gauldoth the Kreegan that survived did so by fleeing the planet; they weren’t anywhere near the AvLee border after AB. As for the word, we already went through this some time ago, as I recall. Ah-hem:
Resurrectra, MM7 wrote:"Our plans rapidly approach their conclusion, but there is a hitch. The Kreegan--also known as the Devils, or the Demons, must be destroyed before we finish our plans. They represent a terrible threat, and though they do little but lick their wounds today, will one day regain their strength and devastate the world. If anything we do is to have lasting effect, we must first destroy these monsters for once and for all.
That the word “Kreegan” itself does not appear is rather immaterial; they’re referred to by all three: Devils, Demons, and Kreegan(s). Moreover the Dungeon Overlords have a history of alliance with the Kreegan, not with some evil spirits from the Land of the Dead.

And where in MMIX? I caught the Sword of Frost and Armageddon’s Blade Clashing reference but I don’t recall seeing anything on the Kreegan, though I admit it’s been a while.
Avonu wrote:It's also possible that Erathians choose next king and Kendal is no more regent.
Unlikely they would have cut through all the political garbage required in the short time necessary for there to be a king in Clash, if it took place after AB. (Remember how many hoops the Lords of Harmondale had to jump through to be acknowledged as rightful rulers by everyone of any importance, and they were just lords of a border territory, not King of the biggest and arguably most powerful country on the continent!) Additionally, no mention was made of a new Erathian King in H4; they mentioned blaming the Reckoning on Queen Catherine IIRC, but if they had a new King it would be more logical to blame it on whoever he was instead, seeing as Queen Catherine wasn’t even on the continent at the time.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Jun 2007, 19:04

Kareeah Indaga wrote: Actually, there is no indication given that Mutare’s campaign happens at the same time as the rest. (Or if there is, point it out to me as I didn’t see anything of the sort.) For example:
(...)
But NO mention of the other campaigns was made in Mutare’s, nor was she referred to in any of the others, even in passing. There is absolutely no guarantee of when the Dragon’s Blood campaign takes place, and the only evidence for it being at the same time is circumstantial; it’s thrown in with the rest of them.
Yes but there are some clues:
1. 4 of 5 campaigns (without couning secret) take place in same time, why 5th could be earlier/later (yes, I know this isn't strong proof)?

2. IIRC you have 60 days to storm Kreelah or Dungeons Overlords' reinforcements arrive. Why not Mutare's reinforcements? Yes, I know that she can be dead by the times of AB, by when this script was write nobody know about Chronicles (or maybe someone knows?).
Besides there isn't mention about Dragon Queen in MM7 or MM8 (in MM8 is mention about only one Nighon's emperor, who ruled 13 years and he was describe like he was only ruler of Nighon in all history - at least that sound to me).

3. Isn't that Dracon's mother who first created Crystal Dragon? And isn't Mutare using them in her fourth mission? If you could, please quote this text (about Dracon's mother and crystal dragon), because I have non-english version and there can be some translation mistakes.
Kareeah Indaga wrote:According to Gauldoth the Kreegan that survived did so by fleeing the planet; they weren’t anywhere near the AvLee border after AB. As for the word, we already went through this some time ago, as I recall. Ah-hem:
(...)
That the word “Kreegan” itself does not appear is rather immaterial; they’re referred to by all three: Devils, Demons, and Kreegan(s). Moreover the Dungeon Overlords have a history of alliance with the Kreegan, not with some evil spirits from the Land of the Dead.
Yes, I remember that. But what I wanted to say is that - Inferno troops are not only Kreegans (aliens) but some monsters from (or beneath) Antagarich or others planes. And IIRC in Clash of Dragons Tarnum fights more with Inferno troops (pit lords, cerberus, imps, demons - units) than devils itselfs.
And about devils troops:
HC:CotD mission 2 wrote:"Greetings! We've trapped some Arch Devils in the hills beyond this tower, and we will not abandon our post until we receive word from our captain, Valita," says the guard in the tower.
I don't think that it could happened when Kreegans were in full strange in Eeofol (between MM6 and MM7).
Kareeah Indaga wrote:And where in MMIX? I caught the Sword of Frost and Armageddon’s Blade Clashing reference but I don’t recall seeing anything on the Kreegan, though I admit it’s been a while.
Ask Nicolai - he said to his general something about Kreegan's threat (and once more - I don't have EN version of game - if you could post his words, I will be thankful).
One more thing - IIRC in AB is said that some Kreegans escaped and in MM8 queen Catherine said there wasn't any Kreegan in Eeofol but what about rest of Antagarich?
Avonu wrote:It's also possible that Erathians choose next king and Kendal is no more regent.
Unlikely they would have cut through all the political garbage required in the short time necessary for there to be a king in Clash, if it took place after AB. (Remember how many hoops the Lords of Harmondale had to jump through to be acknowledged as rightful rulers by everyone of any importance, and they were just lords of a border territory, not King of the biggest and arguably most powerful country on the continent!) Additionally, no mention was made of a new Erathian King in H4; they mentioned blaming the Reckoning on Queen Catherine IIRC, but if they had a new King it would be more logical to blame it on whoever he was instead, seeing as Queen Catherine wasn’t even on the continent at the time.
Right, I forgot about H4.
In Clash of the Dragons also is said that Vial of dragons blood contain blood of Dragon Dame:
HC:CotD mission 2 wrote:"What exactly does this Vial of Dragon's Blood do?" I ask Aspen as we ride. "It's said to be the blood of the First Dragon Dame - the one who gave birth to all the Dragons."
but in AB it's said about blood of Dragon Father. So information about king also could be wrong and king could refers to Morgan Kendal (like you already said).

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 11 Jun 2007, 01:26

Avonu wrote:Yes but there are some clues:
1. 4 of 5 campaigns (without couning secret) take place in same time, why 5th could be earlier/later (yes, I know this isn't strong proof)?
Why not? NWC could have easily went, ‘Hey, we’ve got most of the towns represented in the next expansion already, we need a Dungeon campaign.’ ‘Oh, really? Well, what about that dragon lady we had/are going to have* in that one Heroes Chronicles game? Why not put her introduction in, and then we could use all our new dragon types again.’ ‘Ooooh, good idea.’

It’s not like they released all their expansions in order of occurrence, and as you already pointed out, Christian’s wasn’t at the same time as the rest, why not throw in one more campaign from a different time period?

*Dunno if CoD came out before AB or not.

Avonu wrote:2. IIRC you have 60 days to storm Kreelah or Dungeons Overlords' reinforcements arrive. Why not Mutare's reinforcements? Yes, I know that she can be dead by the times of AB, by when this script was write nobody know about Chronicles (or maybe someone knows?).
Because if they were Mutare’s reinforcements, there wouldn’t have been enough Kreegan left to ally with her when she got there and subsequently appear in Map 2 of CoD. The Ironfist-Conflux-Forestguard forces won that battle and went hunting for the remainders of the Kreegan; even assuming they missed some demons, they would have run into Mutare’s forces. Besides which, the messenger was an apprentice Warlock—if it had been Mutare sending the message, she would’ve sent a dragon—to carry him, if not to deliver the message directly.
Avonu wrote:Besides there isn't mention about Dragon Queen in MM7 or MM8 (in MM8 is mention about only one Nighon's emperor, who ruled 13 years and he was describe like he was only ruler of Nighon in all history - at least that sound to me).
I believe I remember that reference, and as I recall his distinction was that he was the only LICH emperor of Nighon.
Avonu wrote:3. Isn't that Dracon's mother who first created Crystal Dragon? And isn't Mutare using them in her fourth mission? If you could, please quote this text (about Dracon's mother and crystal dragon), because I have non-english version and there can be some translation mistakes.
Yes, she did:
Approximately 30 or so years ago your mother went to the Festival of Life. The events of the festival inspired her. She took red crystal and, with the idea of a Golem in her head, created Crystal Dragons.
Thirty years ago. Even assuming it took her a few years to make a working model, that’s more than enough time to build them and still have years before the Restoration Wars, and probably enough time for other wizards to copy her work on their own. So not only could they be there, they don’t even have to have been made by Dracon’s mother.
Avonu wrote:Yes, I remember that. But what I wanted to say is that - Inferno troops are not only Kreegans (aliens) but some monsters from (or beneath) Antagarich or others planes. And IIRC in Clash of Dragons Tarnum fights more with Inferno troops (pit lords, cerberus, imps, demons - units) than devils itselfs.
And about devils troops:
HC:CotD mission 2 wrote:"Greetings! We've trapped some Arch Devils in the hills beyond this tower, and we will not abandon our post until we receive word from our captain, Valita," says the guard in the tower.
I don't think that it could happened when Kreegans were in full strange in Eeofol (between MM6 and MM7).
1. I said I’d place it before King Gryphonheart was poisoned, and therefore before MM6, MM7, and Restoration of Erathia (remember, Catherine left to attend her father’s funeral; that’s why Nicolai and Humphery have the throne room to themselves in MM6). There’s even (very very slight) evidence that it took place in the earlier years of the Kreegan infestation, while the Kreegan were expanding from their initial arrival:
A local Dwarf tells you that the Gold Mine has been abandoned for three months ever since some giant dogs made it their den one night. Every attempt by the miners to expel the Hell Hounds has failed. Lives have been lost. So, you offer to give them a hand in return for a steady supply of Gold to help support your forces. "Agreed," says the Dwarf miner.
2. Why not? Roland beat the Kreegan at Edenbrook before he even had any real idea what he was fighting, and SFAIK Enroth was hit worse than Antagarich, what with the demons getting a strong enough foothold to start the cult of Baa and manipulate the populace.

3. Something interesting to note about another entry on that same quest guard:
"No use in trying to convince me. I have my orders, and we'll remain here until Captain Valita returns - although I must admit that I'm afraid she was captured by them Devils."
The stack guarding the prison is a stack of Pit Fiends (Pit Lords? Eh, whatever).
Avonu wrote: Ask Nicolai - he said to his general something about Kreegan's threat (and once more - I don't have EN version of game - if you could post his words, I will be thankful).
I’d have to go through MMIX again, I don’t think I have a screenshot handy and I don’t think MMView will work on IX (I can’t even get it to work on MM8 for some reason…).
Avonu wrote: One more thing - IIRC in AB is said that some Kreegans escaped and in MM8 queen Catherine said there wasn't any Kreegan in Eeofol but what about rest of Antagarich?
You mean the ‘went into hiding’ bit at the end? It had been mentioned earlier that the Kreegan clans were all rallying with their king for the final battle, so they’d still be in Eeofol, or at least within easy striking distance. Moreover, Queen Catherine’s MM8 text said they scoured Eeofol for “signs of their continued existence”—tracks leading out of the country would definitely qualify.
Avonu wrote: In Clash of the Dragons also is said that Vial of dragons blood contain blood of Dragon Dame:
HC:CotD mission 2 wrote:"What exactly does this Vial of Dragon's Blood do?" I ask Aspen as we ride. "It's said to be the blood of the First Dragon Dame - the one who gave birth to all the Dragons."
but in AB it's said about blood of Dragon Father. So information about king also could be wrong and king could refers to Morgan Kendal (like you already said).
Or it could just be a cultural difference between Nighon and AvLee, with neither of them really knowing if the progenitor of all dragons was male or female.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”