Heroes 3, 4 complete for sale off the web:

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes 3, 4 complete for sale off the web:

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 09 Apr 2007, 01:44

I've seen people asking for this item, and I happened to come across it.

I've no connection with this retailer and I've never used them so I don't know if they are trustworthy.

http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/produ ... archPage/1

30$ For the two games.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 16 Apr 2007, 22:53

Same game (H3 Complete+H4Complete) in one Croatian web-shop:

http://www.crovortex.com/webshop/igra-3 ... plete.html

Price 119Kn (around 18$)

Also, they can be bought separate for a price of around 12$

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Heroes 3, 4 complete for sale off the web:

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 26 Apr 2007, 14:26

PhoenixReborn wrote:I've seen people asking for this item, and I happened to come across it.

I've no connection with this retailer and I've never used them so I don't know if they are trustworthy.

http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/produ ... archPage/1

30$ For the two games.
Well, I looked at them, since they are a US company, and so shipping rates shouldn't be too high. I noted that they have been around for many uears (a definite plus). I then looked at a few online vendor-ratings sites, and read all the customer comments that were negative (deciding I wanted to know what annoyed people about them). They seemed pretty good, so I decided to try them.

I ordered 2 copies of the H3+4 complete package (one for myself, and one for my sister). They arrived at my door in 6 days (the shipping method I selected - the cheapest one there - said 5-10 days). I haven't installed H3 complete (since I already have RoE + AB + SoD + WoG on my system), but I did install all the H4 parts.

I won't comment on the installer here, since that doesn't reflect on the retailer, but the DVD works, and the games all installed completely, so the product shipped fits all the requirements for a vendor, namely:
1) Arrived in the shipping window indicated
2) Packaging arrived in perfect condition. (The DVD cases were shipped in bubble-wrap envelopes to avoid even incidental damage!)
3) Software was original disks in working order.
4) Order was correct.

I have to wait until my next credit card bill before I acn be certain that there were no payment problems, but I did receive a confirmation e-mail seconds after the order was placed, and it did have the quoted price (including shipping) on it.

The only negative I have with the site is that they indicate on the site that they accept personal checks (the first time I use a site, I prefer to pay this way, even if the order will take longer to arrive), but I could not find out how to do so, and when checking out, I couldn't place the order without a Credit Card number. (I thought maybe without a card number, the check option would appear- something like "No credit card entered. please remit check or money order to ..." but it would not proceed to order confirmation without the CC information filled in.)

I'll give an update once my May charge bill arrives, but it seems this site is reliable.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 26 Apr 2007, 19:48

Great let us know, I still have all of my disks and they are all in good condition, I'll buy one of those sets to keep as a back up. Now wasn't there some incompatibility with the UBI version and Equilibris? I'll search the other forum to see.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 01 May 2007, 02:36

I forgot I made this thread since I usually surf other areas of CH. I'm glad to see it helped some people!

I'm also reading with interest your fresh impressions of h iv thread QD.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 01 May 2007, 10:06

Nice find, I might have to give this company a shot, since they sound all right.. I've been looking for H4 Complete forever.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 18 May 2007, 14:11

I got my credit card bill yesterday, and the charge for the H3+4 complete appeared exactly as expected, so there was no problem in billing. I am quite satisfied with their performance.

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 20 May 2007, 16:44

H3 + H4 Complete (yes with all expansions) are for sale in the UK.

Recently found them in local GAME shop, part of a national chain.

Published by Mastertronic, all on one CD with expansions for both games, all documentation in PDF form on disc.

£9.99 each or (in GAME shop) £15 for two. Though you could get two copies of it GAME has a bunch of older titles in the same rack, hence two titles for £15.

Don't know if GAME ship abroad, or how friendly Mastertronic are, but they both quite well known and should google easily.

Thought you may be interested.
Bonzer

Mod note:duplicate post removed
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”