Caesar III

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Caesar III

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 26 Oct 2006, 15:08

Hail Caesar! I just had this game back up on my computer and I got into a fine start till my 5th assignment, which wants me to hold a population of 7000 people and other requirements. I've met all of the city's Rating requirements, fend of the Cathegians attacks easily, but the population got me hair pulled everytime.
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 07 Nov 2006, 05:54

Heh I remember playing this game, though I had trouble in the later campaigns. Still a good game.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 13 Nov 2006, 06:44

I think this is the hardest one in all the Impression Games series I've played. The problem is that i doesn't have those options where you can manage the amount of different stocks in the warehouse like in Pharoah and Zeus. I have big industries of certain materials but all of it are delivered to the nearest storehouse, therefore I got warehouses that stores only one type of material and that makes distribution really tough.. :(
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 13 Nov 2006, 14:08

You have the option of selecting what the warehouse accepts and doesn't accept.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 13 Dec 2006, 13:51

Caesar III is a great game indeed. I love its fast pace. Even though Pharaoh was better in many areas, it lacked that sense of urgency. And that's why I like Caesar III so much. Not a spare moment for thinking.

Unfortunately though, the new sequel, Caesar IV, is very demanding and nowhere near Caesar III. Caesar IV is a good game in its own, but I'd rather play Caesar III (or Pharaoh/Zeus/Emperor for that matter).
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 31 Dec 2006, 08:56

I thought it was okay...but I don't have the patience for those city simulation type of games.
(just when you think your city is perfect...something bad happens 8|).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 31 Dec 2006, 19:16

Tried Caesar IV few days ago... no good, too finicky, having to place buildings juuuust right, and roads bending and going all over the place. And to many buildings, like one for the farmland, and one hut for the workers. III is one of those easy to learn, hard to master ones, while IV is hard to learn in the first place.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Dec 2006, 19:46

I won't buy that, then. I'll go back to finishing III instead, which I ne'er did.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”