Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 28 Nov 2012, 20:12

Sorry folks but after many hours of effort, things did not work out.

I hope one day a scripter will help this team complete the project.

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 04 Dec 2012, 12:53

So for now this project is buried... :(

But if someone has an Animate Dead spell, maybe one day...
*fingers crossed*

ruslan-gonch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ruslan-gonch » 05 Dec 2012, 11:31

If it seems near impossible to complete the project, can someone say more information about the storyline of LotA? I think people must know what the saga's ending looks like.

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 06 Dec 2012, 16:08

You should ask Marzhin to release the story.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 06 Dec 2012, 17:45

Zenithale wrote:You should ask Marzhin to release the story.
Actually I think I'll do just that. I just need to find a couple of days to work on it (I'd like to basically "complete" the art book that is currently on the LotA website). No promises, but I'll try to get it done for Christmas :)

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 07 Dec 2012, 02:20

Okay, I decided the best way to get it done was to do it right now without further procrastination :D

So here you go, the texts and art of the 4th and final Book of Legends of the Ancients. I hope you'll like it :)

Special kudos to Corlagon who wrote the parts dealing with Solmyr's past and made numerous improvements here and there.

Books 1 to 3 can still be downladed here as a 200+ meg PDF.

I also want to give my deepest thanks to Zenithale, Assryn, Markkur, Kareeah Indaga and all the others who valiantly dedicated their time and energy to this project at one point or another.

And of course my eternal gratitude to you, the Might & Magic community, for your support and patience. It's insane to think I started working on this project more than 6 years ago. So many things happened since then it seems a whole life away.

Maybe some day the actual campaign will be completed and you'll be able to play this story, not simply read it. Let's not give up hope :)

ruslan-gonch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ruslan-gonch » 07 Dec 2012, 08:21

Oh my God! Really thank you! It's the best Christmas gift!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Dec 2012, 17:01

Does that huge file belong with the other; should they be merged into a single PDF, maybe?

I have also realized that by compressing, I can reduce the size to about 30 MB. I could host it here if you like.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 10 Dec 2012, 17:35

Kalah wrote:Does that huge file belong with the other; should they be merged into a single PDF, maybe?
Yeah, but it seems I lost the source files of the original pdf. I didn't have time to look for other solutions yet.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Dec 2012, 19:03

How's this? (16,5 MB)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 10 Dec 2012, 23:43

Amazing, thanks :tsup:

Assryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Assryn » 18 Dec 2012, 13:15

Is there still a chance we will be able to play the last 2 books some day ? :/ It would be sad if there wasn't, I hope I'm not the only one who feel that way but, I just don't want to let the old universe die again :/ Ashan is fine, but it doesn't have the magic of the old universe :( ... So, still a chance it will come out some day ?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 20 Dec 2012, 20:47

Assryn wrote:Is there still a chance we will be able to play the last 2 books some day ? :/ It would be sad if there wasn't, I hope I'm not the only one who feel that way but, I just don't want to let the old universe die again :/ Ashan is fine, but it doesn't have the magic of the old universe :( ... So, still a chance it will come out some day ?
Well unfortunately I don't have the time to finish them myself these days. To make matters worse, the last time I opened the H5 editor I realized I had forgotten how it worked for the most part... (I'm not a coder, so most of LotA was done observing how Nival's maps worked and reproducing their code).

So it all depends on the efforts of the gallant people who'll want to give it a shot.

Assryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Assryn » 27 Dec 2012, 13:35

In any case, it was a real pleasure trying to help you with LotA :) !
I've passed the files on to my cousin,though I don't think he has an acount on celestial heaven, you shouldn't have to wait long for an e-mail from him ^^
And if some day the work restart, I'll be holding the LotA flag (?) high to find "new recruits" ^^

Good luck with you futur projects and keep the old world alive :D
Assryn ;)

Oh :D I just noticed this
Marzhin wrote:
I also want to give my deepest thanks to Zenithale, Assryn, Markkur, Kareeah Indaga and all the others who valiantly dedicated their time and energy to this project at one point or another.
You're very welcome, it was an infinite pleasure :)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 01 Jan 2013, 22:31

just finished the 2nd book. Indeed very good reading and very interesting stories. Nice morale (ending of book 2) and I love the way how you've continued the stories from Heroes IV (and continued the story of heroes from 3) and the way their stories together with eachother. Looking forward to reading the last 2. Also great artwork. ..If only I could find the "like" button :applause:

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 01 Mar 2013, 17:35

But AFAIK the mod doesn't seems to progress beyond that. even H6 has been completely finalized. (with some attempts to mix the JVC universe with the Ashan! I KNOW that the TWO are separated and never can it be mixed!) I'm not looking for reviews of H6 'JVC Universe Adventure packs' because I don't think Black Hole Entertainment wants to create "Ancients hi-tech monsters, dungeons, and artifacts"

Marzhin. Do you study any feasibility to mod H6 and fulfill what Caneghem had been left off? Does the "Might and Magic" brand license you obtained from UBI also ends with Book 4?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 01 Mar 2013, 17:45

Lord of the Guns wrote:Marzhin. Do you study any feasibility to mod H6 and fulfill what Caneghem had been left off? Does the "Might and Magic" brand license you obtained from UBI also ends with Book 4?
I didn't get any "brand licence". All I got was a nice stamp from Ubi saying they had liked what I did. And what I did is simply fan-fiction in "map" format.

If someday I have the time, I'd love to continue the story of LotA beyond Book 4. Who knows what the future holds. But the actual H5 LotA is no longer in my hands. I passed the torch a long time ago.

By the way I also wrote the 2 Adventure Packs for H6 you mention :) They are not actually "mixing the JVC universe with Ashan" (not directly anyway). What they do is feature the Ashan versions of classic M&M characters like Crag Hack and Sandro (the same way there was a Crag the Hack of Varn, a Crag Hack of Terra, a Crag Hack of Enroth, a Sandro of Xeen, etc.)

Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 02 Mar 2013, 00:57

One of the two Adventures packs you've get involved was "Princess of VARN"
What is the second packs? if "Succession Wars" is actually the remake of H2 with Ashan looks, and World of XEEN retold MM4+MM5 in H6 engines?

I guess that the story has to be post-Reckoning. hasn't it?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 Mar 2013, 09:36

Lord of the Guns wrote:One of the two Adventures packs you've get involved was "Princess of VARN"
What is the second packs? if "Succession Wars" is actually the remake of H2 with Ashan looks, and World of XEEN retold MM4+MM5 in H6 engines?

I guess that the story has to be post-Reckoning. hasn't it?
In the Pirates of the Savage Sea adventure pack, the bonus map is "A princess of VARN". I think of it as a "what if?" scenario. What if the Lord Ironfist of Enroth really came from VARN, what if the princess Penelope mentioned in Legends of M&M was actually King Alamar's daughter. Like LotA I consider it to be purely fan-fiction.

In the Danse Macabre adventure pack, the bonus map is "A tale of two Guardians", which is a retelling of MM4-5.

In the Gold edition, the bonus map is "The Succession Wars", inspired by the story of H2.

Ehlesgens!
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ehlesgens! » 09 Mar 2013, 23:30

LOTA SPOILERS AHEAD !! /!\ !!

About the possibility of you continuing the story beyond the first four books, is there anything specific you want to talk about ?
I think Golwyn was mentioned in LotA (I'm not sure :ashamed: ) do you think you could tell his story ? (If I remember correctly, it's happening at the same time as those of the four books, right ?)

Do you think you would continue the stories of iconic heroes ? As an example what happened to Gauldoth, because he seemed in a very bad position after to the Kreegan rebellion ? Or Lord Harke, what happened when he went to Aalondor ? Or Darkstorm, what did he do after he settled in the Blacksword mountains ? Or Marzhin himself, ( ;) ) did he survive the encounter with Malustar, and where did he go ? And Tawni, what is she doing ?

And the refugies from Tatalia and Dagger Wound islands, what happened when they arrived on Axeoth ? (I mean, how did they settle, what ennemies did they face (like when the six original factions from HoMM4 settle in the original game) And did Kastore (is it the right name ?) finally build a heavenly forge anywhere, or did he die in the Reckoning ?

Oh my .... so many questions >< ... and so many possible stories :-D !

Sorry for the bunch of questions I asked ><

Edit: By the way, a huge thank you for both dlc's ! I loved them :D Especially the fact that you made maps based on the old worlds ( my favorite so far is "Princess of VARN", because I love Agar, but very close second is "A tale of two Guardians" ^^)

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”