FAQ

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

FAQ

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Dec 2005, 15:29

"This thread should be seen as a work in progress, thus, if you have any questions you think should be here, tell us! Posts in this thread will be deleted to keep it short, though. Also, please check out the buglist to see if your question might be answered there."

General
Question: Where is WoG home?
Answer: Here's the new one and there's the old one. But nothing more survived on the old place, it's just a history.

Question: Where I can see list of changes for latest WoG?
Answer: The latest WoG is 3.58f and the bright summary can be found here. Visit our site, to download latest script update. Similar list is packed with the mod.

Question: Where can I buy WoG?
Answer: Nowhere. It's distributed freely. If you find someone who tries to sell it, he's commiting piracy!

Question: After installing WoG, can I still use original non-modified version of HoMM?
Answer: Yes, but because source files are shared these will be modified. That's why is recommended to install WoG into copy of your Homm3 folder.

Question: How to test the downloaded WoG archive integrity?
Answer: All files with wog extensions are in fact rar archives. So you may use anything capable to test the rar files, best will be, of course, winrar. The second close is 7-zip

Question: How to install WoG?
Answer:
1. Download WoG (see below for mirrors).
2. Change your regional settings to english (not keyboard, regional settings from Control Panel)
3. Check that you have installed Homm3 Complete or SoD with AB pack. Though it will work without AB too.
4. Copy the folder with the HeroesIII and rename it. (Only necessary if you want to play H3 without any of WoG's changes)
5. Launch WoG installer, choose the copy of H3 which you had create in the previous step.
6. Wait, because progress bar may stand still for long periods. You will be prompted when game will be succesfully installed. Installer is know to be somewhat lazy.
7. Enjoy The WoG!

Question: That didn't helped!
Answer: First things first: You need SoD installed to be able to play WoG. Apart from RoE+SoD (+AB if you have it), you could also use any of the Complete, platinum, etc. collections that can be found. Second thing to check is if you've set language correctly. Your language has to be set to English during installation. If this doesn't help, ask us and we'll try to help.

Question: How to unistall the WoG?
Answer: If you had created a new folder for it, simply delete it.

Question: WoG in linux?
Answer: Yes possible, through wine, winex(cedega) and qemu.

Question: When will WoG 3.59 be out?
Answer: We don't know ourselves. When we know, we'll let you know ;)

Question: How do I play the SoD campaigns after installing WoG?
Answer: WoG should leave your old SoD executable untouched. Locate it and launch and you should be able to play the SoD campaigns.

Question: But I want to wogify the campaigns!
Answer: Then go here and search for the campigns, download them and play them as custom campaigns.

Question: How can I help?
Answer: If you got any particular skills, especially graphics, show us what you have done and we'll consider using your work. If you wish to help out with developing you can go here here. Old yahoo group is not much active.

WoG Campaigns
Before asking questions, please check if the answer can be found in our walkthroughs.

Also, please make sure your WoG version is up to date (3.58f).

A life of Adventure
Question: Whenever I attack anything, I get to fight vampires and liches and stuff, and I only have a swordsman!
Answer: You're playing an old version, which has this bug. Please update.

Question: I can't exit from the Smoldering Corpse tavern!
Answer: Again, your version is old. Update, and this should be fixed.

Question: I can't exit from the Crypts!
Answer: This is a bug in the current version. However, the crypts isn't a required location to finish the map, so if you have an older save, revert to it and avoid the crypt, and you should be fine.

Question: What tools and extras can be used with H3:Complete or H3:WoG?
Answer: Our collection of tools is available here. Thanks to our collector ByteBandit.

List of Mirrors
German Mirror
Czech mirror
Maps4heroes
HC
heroes.hardwired.hu - /3.58f= WoG Install/
ERM editor and other stuff as well.

Script Update, mapeditor patch and ERM editor mirrors: doom3d.uw.hu , doom3d.atw.hu , doom3d.tvn.hu

Other files
Aka smk video for WoG campaings, the intro video remains unaffected)
Resedit, TextEdit, MapEdPatch, DefPreview... stored here.

~Last modification: 2014.02.01 by Pol
Last edited by Gaidal Cain on 26 May 2006, 17:11, edited 3 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Sep 2006, 19:28

Projects

Image Image
Not a known link but probably not dead || Cancelled

Image Image
Cancelled || Cancelled

.......................................................~**~.......................................................

.............Click on image to step in ;-)
! ....... !
Edit:
Quick Silver Project was cancelled bj abandoned it and moved into Heroes V sphere. Portion from what he created can be grabbed from here - patch. And new defs from here.
bigjocker(HC) wrote: Thanx guys.
Well I will still be active in creatures contests ;)
And you will be able to find me on H5 modding ;)
Rapdishere link: DOWNLOAD

oh..and here are the links to QS beta:
BETA 1.1
Update
Just wait those 30sec. and push 'Siustis!'.
The pass of the archives: qsjocker

Bastion (left up) and New WoG site again on track and as you can see Bastion is fine alive, althoug you can spot it only in russia section.

Advanced Levels from sagamosa (last not a small picture) overrunned main WoG development and currently dance only with 3.59Beta version. Hopefully core wog will catch up soon. Image

Old Site or mirrors (look up/down in that thread) can be used for downloading the core wog installation. Update and other goodies also on some mirrors, mapedpatch and mapedhelp authors's site.
! ....... !
-- EliteKill's Photoshop Monster Making Guide! link --
-- More defs and mods - but with texts only in russian, remember pictures are international. :D (wogforever.narod.ru) --
-- WoG battle backgrounds - russian forum. (forum.df2.ru) --
Last edited by Pol on 25 Jun 2012, 20:59, edited 12 times in total.

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

download mirrors

Unread postby doom3d » 10 Jun 2007, 11:37

Main files: http://heroes.hardwired.hu/letoltesek/letoltesek.php
/3.58f= WoG Install/
ERM editor and other stuff as well.

Script Update, mapeditor patch and ERM editor mirrors: doom3d.uw.hu , doom3d.atw.hu , doom3d.tvn.hu

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Feb 2008, 23:23

Here exists also pre-tweaked edition of WoG for multiplayer. It's called WoG TE. So here are no bugs in mp and whole game is smoothed by redirecting unimportant messages to console (like from Mills, Water Wheel etc...).

Most important changes are refashioned Navigation skill which is not limiting you by one day boarding penalty - but it's almost one day and Town Portal was displaced under the brand of Fire Magic. Keep it in mind, maps which aren't coming with the mod must be altered a tiny bit. :D
(It will repay you with something new however.)

Thread about WoG TE in HC
Download (1.03q)
Patch from SAG

Sidenote: If you are russian speaking use your google skill to find out native russian version. Which is also newer. (hint)

Updated:
* Projects section
* Added WoG TE
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Jun 2012, 20:35

• Active projects:
  • VCMI - To be surpassor and a future of WoG project and russian Era. The projects aim to rewrite the entire H3 engine. Providing you with full object, maps and modding support for all HoMM3 things. Basic AI and version for PC/Android already exists!
  • HD Mod - Core for bigger resolutions and some UI enhancements. Works with various version of H3 and WoG, integrated in some mods. Use F4 to play in window. A must have for everyone!
  • ERA II. - At this moment ERA is the latest and the most up to date "WoG varation". And hence it's best to start from here. But it's not a WoG, WoG on its own still continue.
  • Horn of the Abyss - Adds new towns but it's not further moddable. Not many settings like in WoG.
  • WoG 3.59 - Call for developers to form again International Group.

Useful
Download WoG 3.58f - 1, 2
ERM script to fix Quick Combat and make it loseless
MMArchive - HoMM3 resource editor

~Last modification: 2014.02.01 by Pol
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Wake of Gods”