Petition : Skill wheel : SIGN

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
ereius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Petition : Skill wheel : SIGN

Unread postby ereius » 11 Apr 2015, 22:16

Petition Created :

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-erwan- ... eated=true

Sign and pass the word around if you care

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 11 Apr 2015, 22:52

I haven't played much with either V or VI, but to me this system looks exactly like HOMMV - you first unlock tier 1 sub-skills of each larger skill, then you can unlock the tier 2 ones, etc.

Frankly, I rather wish they'd bring back totally random skills per level, with various classes getting a higher % chance of learning one skill then others. And I hope they will not make the error of VI and make spells totally independent of magic skills, it made the game incredibly boring that you only could choose to learn a skill OR one spell.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Apr 2015, 00:22

Hm, is this a bot, Kalah?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 12 Apr 2015, 15:00

You probably meant "were" and not "where" in that petition.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Apr 2015, 15:30

The petition looks OK to me. I won't bother signing it this time, though; I want to see what Limbic can come up with.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ereius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ereius » 14 Apr 2015, 16:17

it l be too late then XD

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Apr 2015, 19:15

What I meant was that there are lots of people moaning about the current state of the game, at a point in time when the game has not even been released for beta testing. You haven't played it yet, and already you're complaining.

That's not to say the complaints are completely wrong, but Limbic have not let us down yet. They worked hard on the impossible task that was rescuing H6, they made a nice little MMX game on a small budget, and I would like to see what they come up with for H7, without the fans' getting their own way in everything.

Remember: Nintendo made worse games once they started doing what the fans wanted.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 14 Apr 2015, 20:07

Well I've played pre-alpha and my feeling is that they are trying to develop the initial idea behind the Heroes 6 skill system. I may be wrong, but a non-random core system makes me shudder. IMO leveling up is a key aspect of the game and it certainly is not Heroes 6 which created the addictive formula.

Also, there will probably be no MMXI, as from what I heard MMX did not sell good enough ...

ereius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ereius » 14 Apr 2015, 21:00

Kal : what you say is very true, people are complaining over very stupid stuff at a pre alpha stage this is especially dumb in regards aesthetics... however the skill system is something that is deeper then that and its a fundamental mechanic of the game. It will not change drastically from alpah - beta - release...

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 15 Apr 2015, 12:51

Galaad wrote:non-random core system makes me shudder
Hear, hear! :proud:
Kalah wrote:at a point in time when the game has not even been released for beta testing. You haven't played it yet, and already you're complaining.
ereius wrote:however the skill system is something that is deeper then that and its a fundamental mechanic of the game. It will not change drastically from alpah - beta - release...
Yep! It's too early and too late at the same time! :D

Forget about it, all petitions are useless. :tired:
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 15 Apr 2015, 15:57

Kalah wrote:What I meant was that there are lots of people moaning about the current state of the game, at a point in time when the game has not even been released for beta testing. You haven't played it yet, and already you're complaining.
Heroes 6 is probably the best argument I could ever give against the fallacy you use here lol

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Apr 2015, 17:02

It's not a fallacy; we can complain about H6 because it's finished and done with, whereas we don't yet know what H7 will look like when finished.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 15 Apr 2015, 17:32

lol, I wish I didn't need to explain that we were told to wait and see before critiquing the nonsense skill system, the removal of resources, the awful town screens, and much much more, and what came out of that? the worst Heroes game in the series which is already dead, and your slogan "third time lucky?" lol

even putting aside the many reasons not to trust Ubisoft's judgement, an attitude of "wait and see" is a fallacy, we have the right to challenge any information we have,
and if the challenge is made in error, either they release more information to set us straight or they at least become aware of the opinions out there, but offering up feedback on what we have been told is absolutely a virtue and not some ignorant, illogical practice as you would make it out to be here lol

this is more theoretical than anything though, in reality Ubisoft is just a clown college, they have always had all the feedback in the world from the most constructive and dedicated Heroes fans there are, and basically threw it all out the window so many times that most of them have rightfully stopped caring and given up lol

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Apr 2015, 17:47

No, H5's "buy this to get access to this" was also too restrictive...

If anything they should just let teh wheel start with certain faction and hero specific skills (which lead to ultimates) and have some free slots/pies where you could choose any non-faction skills...

And no "you can only learn lvl X of this skill".

But i guess they really want to be able to balance the factions by restricting what combinations you can get...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Apr 2015, 03:47

ThunderTitan wrote: But i guess they really want to be able to balance the factions by restricting what combinations you can get...
And that restricts the number of people buying the game as well. Choices, choices. Details, details.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Heroes VII”