Oddities of MM6

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Oddities of MM6

Unread postby zeus-online » 20 Oct 2014, 18:25

So i am more than half-way through my second playthrough of the game...

What do these mods do:
Increased recovery - Does this enable me to attack faster or does it help me recover from attacks?

"Of power" mod, +5 levels...what does this do? :S

I have completed all the class quests now, and i must say that the most annoying ones where the two druid promotion quests. Does anyone else feel this way too?

Gharik's forge seems like the absolutely worst of the oracle quests, i had more trouble doing this than i did clearing Paradise valley (At around lvl 50, i did the forge afterwards).

Not looking forward to Castle darkmoor o_O

I also have in my possession 2 flutes which apparently does nothing.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Re: Oddities of MM6

Unread postby Phobos » 20 Oct 2014, 19:32

'Of Recovery' halves a weapon's recovery time, allowing you to attack twice as fast in real-time mode.

'Of Power' gives your character bonus HP and SP. The amount is equal to what he or she would gain for 5 level-ups. Different classes have different coefficients for HP and SP gained per level, so the bonuses vary between characters.

I like MM6's difficulty level. Sure, dungeons such as Gharik's Forge can be annoying when the whole party is driven insane or nearly dies, but for me, the feeling of accomplishment that follows clearing a tough area is rewarding enough to keep playing. Arch Druid's quest is a bit annoying with all the running around, but I think it's more tolerable than the Archmage quest. Corlagon's Estate is a grim old place to go.

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 20 Oct 2014, 20:20

Really? I had no problem with the archmage quest at all :)

Does "of recovery" do anything for spellcasters ?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 20 Oct 2014, 20:31

Spells' recovery times are unaffected (I think). The weapon's attack is faster.

Corlagon's Estate isn't hard, I just find it boring. Lots of running around in a big house, and some of the switches seem to give me problems.
Last edited by Phobos on 20 Oct 2014, 20:55, edited 2 times in total.

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 20 Oct 2014, 20:37

I have helms and boots with the mod?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 20 Oct 2014, 20:48

zeus-online wrote:I have helms and boots with the mod?
Oh, that's interesting! I tested it in-game. It seems that when the enchantment is on something other than a weapon, the character's Recovery time for melee and ranged combat is reduced by 7. Equipping two items doesn't double this effect.

EDIT: It appears to be more complicated. Sometimes the recovery time is reduced by a different amount than 7, and it seems that no matter where the enchantment is (it can be on a weapon too), both the ranged recovery and melee recovery are shortened slightly.

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 20 Oct 2014, 21:14

But not spells? What about blasters?

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 21 Oct 2014, 23:36

Hmm, so i made it to castle alamos, i found the teleporter key...and suddenly it just disappeared from my inventory?! :S

Any clue as to what could have caused this, and any way to get it back.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 22 Oct 2014, 02:05

zeus-online wrote:Hmm, so i made it to castle alamos, i found the teleporter key...and suddenly it just disappeared from my inventory?! :S

Any clue as to what could have caused this, and any way to get it back.
This got me once as well, when you use it it disappears, its whole purpose was to take you to that room, which you should be able to access again
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 22 Oct 2014, 07:10

I stepped through some walls, and it disappeared. Now i cant use the white portal stone.

Guess it's time to murder everyone in frozen highlands so i can reset the area ;)

Return to “Might and Magic”