MM 7 and 8 Martial classes Master weapons

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

MM 7 and 8 Martial classes Master weapons

Unread postby Xfing » 22 May 2014, 15:08

Do you ever build your Knight, Troll or Mino around the weapon class they can only learn to Master level, rather than GM?

That would be:

Sword and Axe for the Troll
Mace and Spear for the Mino
Mace and Axe for the Knight

Mastery of Armsmaster does allow these classes to make very good use of these weapons. Would you consider running your Minotaur as Spear-oriented, for instance?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 May 2014, 21:05

I was playing with a spear-wielder minotaur. I don't recall actually why. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 22 May 2014, 22:56

Troll seems like a waste. I love the GM mace skill as it is basically an instant kill.

With the minotaur, it makes more sense due to GM axe being bugged. The reason I tend to stay with it though, is the guaranteed high level axe you get for minimal work from the promotion quest. It makes sense to switch though if you find a better spear.

I wouldn't even consider it with knight. Nothing deals damage comparable to spear/sword and with armsmaster any possible benefit from recovery time of weaker weapons is diminished.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 23 May 2014, 06:02

How is GM Axe bugged? It doesn't do what it's supposed to do or what?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 24 May 2014, 02:23

Basically yes. The half armor effect never worked in MM7, and I'm pretty sure it never worked in MM8.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 24 May 2014, 11:49

Would be good to suggest this as a bug to GrayFace. I think it's nothing he can't fix :)

Pope_Amole
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pope_Amole » 26 May 2014, 19:27

You can try to build your M&M VII knight (and party) around axe + sword combo. I've never tried it, but Splitter sounds like a great way to clean the whole rooms of not so strong enemies (and maybe even the strong ones), and while the backlash damage obviously sucks, the light party should be able to deal with it - day of protection + power cure + divine intervention + maybe a healer hireling should be able to compensate for the damage you take. Needs testing, though (and, obviously, you need to loot Splitter early enough).

Return to “Might and Magic”