A drip of blood; A drip of truth [MM7-Type Game][WIP]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
RyuMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RyuMaster » 14 Apr 2014, 08:13

Echo wrote:Oh, I see, that sounds a lot more reasonable, I was afraid you somehow made all the coding, level designing, plotting writing AND art alone in the span of 2 months and was starting to suspect that maybe aliens visited the Earth and left us some human robots here after all ;|

No, but in all seriousness, good job. Keep on rolling! B-)
Thanks a lot! - it is possible to code this in 2 months only because of Unity, I'm following community for 3 years and so I knew all the shortucts I could take with already coded stuff/components.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 19 Apr 2014, 18:46

i am interested.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

RyuMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RyuMaster » 09 Oct 2014, 19:55

Well, I could not assemble good team - people are with lots of real-life problems, and tends to run away fast. In order to attract professional developers, I decided to get greenlights status. So, if you like the game idea, please vote for it on this page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =324396773

The game actually has a lots of changes from original MM7 formula now, so you might firstly think over is that something you like to play. Its just that I decided, that without bringing something new, its impossible to resurrect old title. The time changes, and so formula needs to evolve.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Feb 2015, 10:42

Wow! This looks very exciting. How is the progress?
Some criticism:
1) The interface is cluttered and too big. It takes even more space on the screen than in MM7.
2) Too much bloom.
3) Permadeath + no saving? Seriously? It has to be a 30-minutes long game then. Especially with dynamic encounters! I would consider permadeath viable only if everything is totally predictable. Never played roguelikes, but perma-death from something unexpected would certainly lead to perma-uninstall (or I would rather backup save created on exit and cheat 'no saves' that way).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

waltc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waltc » 19 Mar 2015, 00:51

On Steam your last comment seems to have been four months ago or so in December '14...if you want to generate some interest you'll have to get some different/improved content up there fairly soon...Good luck...I have a suspicion that you have discovered that "becoming the best game designer in the world" is maybe a tad more complex than you might have thought...;)
Win10x64
R5 1600 @ 3.8GHz
Radeon RX-480 8GB
16 GB ram
4.2 TB's of storage

Return to “Might and Magic”