The Heroes Round Table Forum Index
"Forums for the Might & Magic enthusiast"
>> It's here! Now leave the forum and go play ... ;) <<
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Username:   Password:    Autologin   

Might and Magic X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to page:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Heroes Round Table Forum Index -> Might and Magic
<< :: >>  

Bandobras Took
Druid
Druid
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 27 2014, 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

koval321 wrote:
What it have from M&M WoX? Nothing

What did MM6&7 have from WoX?

Animated faces: Yes

Possibility to escape from battle: Meaningless, given the engine change.

Create party in tavern: NO

Stats (Personality, Perception, Luck etc): Yes, they had stats. So does MMX. Might, Endurance, Perception, etc. are there.

Possibility to mini or maxi team 1-6: NO

Name of classic spells as Wizard Eye: Yes. For whatever that's worth.

Freedom of explore entire HUGE world: No. In theory, they had this, but in reality, some areas were running for your life if you were trying to just "explore" them before you had reached the intended levels.

Bonus things stats from fountains: Yes. So does MMX.

So, apparently, Might & Magic died with WoX, and Mandate of Heaven and For Blood and Honor were just cheap attempts to cash in on the popularity of . . . something.
Archlich
Archlich
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 27 2014, 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler
I've been able to handle the forge so far, except the elementals outside. I hope i don't need to beat them. They kill me instantly.

I find I'm running sideways, or backwards a lot in the game. It's faster than turning all the time. I guess that's a downside of the grid movement?

Should there not at least be a .pdf manual or something for the game? I find I have to guess at everything.
Lord13
Demon
Demon
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 27 2014, 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are lost in details here! We must not forget the main elements of the game, the MnM title represents a specific sub-genre of cRPGs, the first person party based with open world, deep char development etc. If has animated faces or not are minor details (they can for sure turn a good game into a great one). After the Wizardry 8 and MnM 9 we had no other cRPG like this (Legend of Grimrock is a diffirent sub-genre, more puzzle based and dungeon crawling). So , imo always, MnM X manages to achieve the main purpose, to represent this kind of games, and does it pretty good! I have to play more before writting details about my likes/dislikes but for sure is something that I really missed all those years, I hope will be the "ressurection spell", to see more of this kind of games wink
Marzhin
MMX Creative Designer
MMX Creative Designer
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 27 2014, 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variol wrote:
Should there not at least be a .pdf manual or something for the game? I find I have to guess at everything.

Most of the effects and gameplay descriptions appear as tooltips. For instance hover the mouse over a hireling's portrait to see what he/she does. Same things for skills, spells, etc.

Some areas of the Elemental Forge are meant to be visited later, when you reach a higher level (and find the corresponding Shards) wink
jeff
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 27 2014, 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit off topic; but a modding tool was advertised as coming with the deluxe edition. Now I have no intention in buying the required software to use it, however I do not see where the tool was downloaded. Was the idea abandoned or am I not looking in the right place. offtopic
Archlich
Archlich
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 27 2014, 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler,

I'm trying to defeat Gralkor. No matter what I do, I lose. I obviously can't go and fight elsewhere to gain some levels; there's nothing left to kill. Am I forced to start over?
Boy, about 10 tries later, I finally beat him. Still, I think the game needs to be less linear, so I can go and gain some more levels next time.
SubEffect
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 28 2014, 3:06    Post subject: Re: Observations.. Reply with quote

GrayFace wrote:

Are you sure a crappy spare would do better than a warn good weapon?

Well, considering my best weapon still does less that 20 damage base, yes smile. It's a 75% reduction when worn so it's fairly painful. Reminds me of getting the the bottom of an Ultima I dungeon and having your armor break. Grrrrr!
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
SubEffect
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 28 2014, 3:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variol wrote:
Spoiler
I've been able to handle the forge so far, except the elementals outside. I hope i don't need to beat them. They kill me instantly.

I find I'm running sideways, or backwards a lot in the game. It's faster than turning all the time. I guess that's a downside of the grid movement?

In my edition (Amazon) the manual is in a manual folder where I installed the game. It's fairly basic.
SubEffect
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 28 2014, 3:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff wrote:
A bit off topic; but a modding tool was advertised as coming with the deluxe edition. Now I have no intention in buying the required software to use it, however I do not see where the tool was downloaded. Was the idea abandoned or am I not looking in the right place. offtopic

I don't see a way to download the editor either. For me, I can't even download the soundtrack. The download of MM6 worked ok though.
SubEffect
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 28 2014, 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variol wrote:
Spoiler,

I'm trying to defeat Gralkor. No matter what I do, I lose. I obviously can't go and fight elsewhere to gain some levels; there's nothing left to kill. Am I forced to start over?
Boy, about 10 tries later, I finally beat him. Still, I think the game needs to be less linear, so I can go and gain some more levels next time.

So I am guessing by your progression that you are fairly sure that the spiders near Sorpigal have not respawned yet, correct?
Variol
Archlich
Archlich
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 28 2014, 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing like that yet. But I'm sure the respawm in M&M6-8 was every year, so I'm not expecting much any time soon.
Asomath
Pixie
Pixie
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 28 2014, 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a terrible week for my computer to break! All I want to play is M&M. Anyone know if its possible to transfer game progress to another computer?
magritte2
Peasant
Peasant
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 28 2014, 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose it's possible to fly in M&M X? A pity, I always enjoyed flying in the VI and VII; I think it's sad that so few RPG's allow it. As ugly as the M&M VI engine looks now, it was a great aesthetic pleasure at the time to fly over Whitecap with the snow falling.

And yes, I realize it made many combats trivial, but I liked being able to avoid slogging through piles of weak enemies that had respawned.
Lord13
Demon
Demon
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 29 2014, 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asomath wrote:
What a terrible week for my computer to break! All I want to play is M&M. Anyone know if its possible to transfer game progress to another computer?

At Uplay folder (at my computer is at : C:\Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher you can find a foder "savegames", there are stored all the saves from the Uplay games (including MnM X). I guess (never tried it) that with a copy paste of this folder you can transfer the saves. Oh, and I do NOT recommend cloud-saving that Uplay offers, turn it OFF, many gamers had probems, some even lost their saves forevers (yeah I know, I hate those online drm platforms...)
Variol
Archlich
Archlich
CH - Might and Magic XCH - Might and Magic XPosted: Jan 29 2014, 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is everyone finding the game so far?

I'm at lvl 15. It's pretty darn challenging in all areas. Money is always a problem; probably 'cos I have to buy so many potions.

There is a lot of walking, due to the lack of potions top be found in each shop. They do respawn daily though.

I think the 4 hunters are doing fairly well. I just got The Crag and there are some excellent spears there, I just need $$$!! smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Heroes Round Table Forum Index -> Might and Magic All times are GMT
Page 11 of 17