[MOD] M&M6 New Challenge

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

[MOD] M&M6 New Challenge

Unread postby koval321 » 01 Jun 2012, 15:27

Its for players who wish to beat the same game again on higher difficulty level. Every monsters are at least twice stronger. Beside this nothing really changed, the same plot and quests etc.

Download: M&M6 New Challenge 1.0.zip

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 01 Jun 2012, 23:35

What exactly do you change when you made this mod? I mean Like how did you mod it? Did all you do is open it with mmextension and change the txt files?

EDIT: I meant MMArchive
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 02 Jun 2012, 04:19

'MONSTERS.TXT', I suppose. That means that unique monsters like Q or Lurch are not changed.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 02 Jun 2012, 04:49

tolich wrote:'MONSTERS.TXT', I suppose. That means that unique monsters like Q or Lurch are not changed.
Thanks Thats what I thought he did.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 02 Jun 2012, 05:05

It affect most of monsters (at least 95%), they have twice more HP, deal more damage by weapons and spells, sometime have different attack method by schoot arrow and affect on player mostly by boss as fear or insane.

Any other changes was deliberately NOT made to leave game closest to original as possible and increase only difficulty in battles. Changes are striking visible one vampire bat or one queen cobra is able to kill half team of beginners, before you could actualy smash everything like tank now often need to retreat.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 02 Jun 2012, 10:08

So there's no new challenge and experience for those peaceful guys who plays the game just avoiding monsters and gains experience only for fulfilling the quests, only for merciless murderers. :D
Join the dark side, we have cookies! :proud:

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 02 Jun 2012, 17:27

Concept of this mod is visualised in altered menu: bloody mess
(btw its from dragon lance, see below)

Am actualy created it for own use because am play mm6 again, and found that game was too easy.

Return to “Might and Magic”