MM6 Memory Crystals and Oracle

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
bob teh blob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM6 Memory Crystals and Oracle

Unread postby bob teh blob » 11 Feb 2011, 16:37

Ok, so I've got all the crystals (no thanks to the evil eyes which can cast magic through walls -.-)

For some reason, I can't place them in the oracle though? I click and tap space bar around all the alters, but none of them move out of my inventory... Am I being completely stupid or something? :|

bob teh blob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob teh blob » 11 Feb 2011, 16:40

Ya, I was being stupid. Forgot to turn the power on at the door, d'oh! :disagree:

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 Feb 2011, 19:00

Is this your first time playing through MM6?

bob teh blob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob teh blob » 11 Feb 2011, 19:03

No.. Well, kind of. First time I've got this far, I've played it a lot, but just never got this far (always forgot about it, uninstalled it, and had to start again)

By the way, is there any way to stop terminator droids eradicating you?

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 Feb 2011, 19:28

bob teh blob wrote:No.. Well, kind of. First time I've got this far, I've played it a lot, but just never got this far (always forgot about it, uninstalled it, and had to start again)

By the way, is there any way to stop terminator droids eradicating you?
No, not really. The best way to fight them is to take your time, and have a very strong party with high armor class. Ideally, the best way to deal with an eradicated party member is to cast resurrect and power cure.

You still have one of the best dungeons in the game left to explore! The Tomb of VARN in Dragonsands is an amazing dungeon, full of Anubi and Genies.

Have fun :D

bob teh blob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob teh blob » 11 Feb 2011, 20:07

Wasn't too keen on that place :D

I'll have to go back to loot it anyway, such a massive dungeon, pretty cool when compared with MM 7/8 dungeons.

Anyway, now I've got the blasters, I'm kicking ass :D

Ohh, also, the repaired temple in free haven will heal eradicated party members.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Feb 2011, 20:43

The Tomb of VARN and castles would be so much easier... if only Feeble Mind and Mass Curse worked in turn-based mode!

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 Feb 2011, 21:10

bob teh blob wrote:I'll have to go back to loot it anyway, such a massive dungeon, pretty cool when compared with MM 7/8 dungeons.
In my opinion, MM6 has THE BEST dungeons! Darkmoor and Alamos are masterpieces. Walking through the Tomb of VARN is like stepping into an entirely different game!

Of course MMs 7 through 9 have some amazing dungeons, but I think MM6 takes the cake. Maybe I'm just saying that because VARN is my favorite dungeon of them all. ;)
Great Emerald wrote:The Tomb of VARN and castles would be so much easier... if only Feeble Mind and Mass Curse worked in turn-based mode!
Man, I never really used those spells at all. I think the spell system in MM6 was lacking, especially with Dark Continent. I thought it was such a cool spell...until I got the spell book and was wondering what the heck it actually did! There was also the matter of spells like Day of the Gods, Day of Protection, and Hour of Power. While those spells really come in handy, they made a lot of other spells obsolete.

Eye of Leggib is a really cool spell. I made up a character name out of 2 spells including that one: Lloyd Leggib. I've always wondered who Lloyd was that created Lloyd's Beacon, so I decided to make up my own answer.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Feb 2011, 21:37

MMXAlamar wrote:I've always wondered who Lloyd was that created Lloyd's Beacon, so I decided to make up my own answer.
You clearly haven't played Might and Magic II, now have you? :)

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 11 Feb 2011, 21:57

GreatEmerald wrote:
MMXAlamar wrote:I've always wondered who Lloyd was that created Lloyd's Beacon, so I decided to make up my own answer.
You clearly haven't played Might and Magic II, now have you? :)
You're on the money, lol! MM2 is the only game I've never really played. This for two reasons: 1) I couldn't find out how to save the game. I don't exactly remember how this happened, but it was either that I couldn't find an inn, or the inn wouldn't save my game. Something along the lines of that, it was very peculiar. 2) I kept dying every time I encountered a group of monsters at the beginning of the game!

Do you get to meet Lloyd in MM2? Is he an Ancient?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Feb 2011, 22:15

Yeap, you meet him. But I don't remember the specifics right now, suffice to say that he is found in Corak's dungeon.

And maybe you keep dying because you set your difficulty level too high :P I think there are 4 of those in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Feb 2011, 00:00

MMXAlamar wrote:The best way to fight them is to take your time, and have a very strong party with high armor class.
No, Armor Class doesn't help at all. Magic Resistance probably should help. The main advice is to kill them quickly with all available fire power.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

bob teh blob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob teh blob » 12 Feb 2011, 00:05

I cleared out the dragon cave in kriegspire which finally gave me the dollar to train my characters fully (200,000 gp it cost!)

The hive has to be complete in a single sitting, doesn't it? You can't leave and come back without them all re-spawning?

Btw, grayface, you may be interested in a glitch I've got. One of my characters inventories is completely ruined. Causes the game to crash and stuff. I can send you the save if you want?

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 12 Feb 2011, 00:31

bob teh blob wrote:The hive has to be complete in a single sitting, doesn't it? You can't leave and come back without them all re-spawning?
Correct. But it's kind of easy anyway :/ Don't forget you have to use your blasters to destroy the generator. And be sure you've visited the library! (you'll know what I mean if you follow the Oracle's advice. Read the letters in the manual to find the "third eye").

As for amazing MM6 dungeons, let's not forget Corlagon's Estate or the Temple of Baa in Ironfist. Or even the Thieves Hideout in the Frozen Highlands, it's not that big but it's a really cool mechanic.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 12 Feb 2011, 01:37

Macros the Black wrote:As for amazing MM6 dungeons, let's not forget Corlagon's Estate or the Temple of Baa in Ironfist. Or even the Thieves Hideout in the Frozen Highlands, it's not that big but it's a really cool mechanic.
Oh shit, I forgot to mention Castle Kreigspire! I also liked the Lair of the Wolf in Blackshire, definitely Corlagon's Estate, Snergle's dungeons, and last but definitely not least, Gharik's Forge.

I'm gonna go back through all the post-MM5 games and make a list of my favorite dungeons. :D

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 12 Feb 2011, 04:19

MMXAlamar wrote:The best way to fight them is to take your time, and have a very strong party with high armor class.
GrayFace wrote:No, Armor Class doesn't help at all. Magic Resistance probably should help. The main advice is to kill them quickly with all available fire power.
So the best advice is take off armour (unless you master it), cast Day of Gods, and then run and shoot form blasters. If terminators don't hit you, they don't eradicate you.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 12 Feb 2011, 15:02

tolich wrote:
GrayFace wrote:No, Armor Class doesn't help at all. Magic Resistance probably should help. The main advice is to kill them quickly with all available fire power.
So the best advice is take off armour (unless you master it), cast Day of Gods, and then run and shoot form blasters. If terminators don't hit you, they don't eradicate you.
I think high armor class helps at least a little, because they can't eradicate you if they can't hit you. In the MM games, armor class affects enemy chance to hit but doesn't reduce any damage once they hit you. It's the same in the Baldur's Gate games.

In my opinion, that makes armor class the most important stat in the game. High armor class equals staying alive, even more than high hit points. Low armor class equals dying, a lot.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Feb 2011, 17:25

Wait, now I seem to remember that they do miss you. If that's so, then the armor class matters and what I said is wrong.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 12 Feb 2011, 19:39

They miss because their projectiles omit player characters, the armour is not used here. To remove armour is just to boost firing speed.

Note, GrayFace, that your patch allows mouselook, and this tactics becomes even more effective than in vanilla game. :D
BMJedi wrote:I think high armor class helps at least a little, because they can't eradicate you if they can't hit you.
AFAIK Armour class protects only from Physical attacks, but Terminators (as well as other Patrol drones) has Energy one.
GrayFace wrote:Wait, now I seem to remember that they do miss you.
ORLY?

bob teh blob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob teh blob » 13 Feb 2011, 09:37

I thought their attacks were physical? Is it actually "energy" and if so, why are oozes immune to blaster attacks?

Return to “Might and Magic”