The Heroes Round Table Forum Index
"Forums for the Might & Magic enthusiast"
>> Third Time Lucky? <<
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Username:   Password:    Autologin   

HoMM III runtime error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Heroes Round Table Forum Index -> Heroes I-IV
<< :: >>  

Kobajashy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 19 2010, 16:53    Post subject: HoMM III runtime error Reply with quote

does anyone knows how to fix this problem?
dontknow

thank you

Heroes of Might and MagicŪ III Complete
Version 4.0
Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 19 2010, 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this topic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 19 2010, 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirez wrote:
Have a look at this topic

thanks but nothing to do with Windows 7 - I have XP SP3
GreatEmerald
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 19 2010, 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreaded VC++ Runtime errors. They give you no way to find out the cause, none at all.
Pol
Admin
Admin
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 19 2010, 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reinstall the runtime?

Probably by this one.
benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 20 2010, 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that you play this map too long.

If the enemy's armies are too strong,it will cause the game crashed.

And he has 'fly' spell or 'water walk' spell at same time,it will crash easily.

Another reason also maybe cause this crash,that is if the AI pick up a special combination of artifact---Angelic Alliance.

You can use some cheating tips to reveal the entire map for watching what's going on when the AI are acting.
Pol
Admin
Admin
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 20 2010, 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you can load previously saved game for mp hotseat - and very effectively check from here. devious

(That's if your opponent can be also a human.)

What map are you playing btw?
Kobajashy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 21 2010, 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pol wrote:
Sometimes you can load previously saved game for mp hotseat - and very effectively check from here. devious

(That's if your opponent can be also a human.)

What map are you playing btw?

To Hire a Hero 2

I will try to reinstall c++ i think it may work -

Thanks to all wink
GreatEmerald
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 22 2010, 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt it. VC++ errors means that there's an error in the C++ code, not the compiler.
Pol
Admin
Admin
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Sep 22 2010, 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true although it will cost you nothing to make sure that your vcruntime is up to date and correctly installed.

These errors mostly happens, when unexpected (by a game) thing happen in the map. Indeed here are such situations even if they are rarely triggered in H3C.

Still they can be tracked with help of map editor & repaired. However it's pretty costy - from time perspective.

You can use a cheat to speed it up, launch the game with
Code:
 /nwcgrail
switch and let it to reveal whole map. Then you will see where it does happen. Later, you may check in the map what exactly is the causator - but alas be prepared, it may require a lot of patience and knowledge of game mechanic ..and thus possible errors.
Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Aug 5 2013, 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem while playing a LAN TCP/IP game yesterday.

First PC was running on Windows 7 32 bit, the other was running on Windows XP 32 bit. C++ 2008 and 2010 libraries were installed and this error happened randomly..
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .
Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Aug 5 2013, 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't post on a 3 year old post...
Bersaglio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Aug 5 2013, 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artas1984
I'm pretty sure that the cause of Visual C++ runtime errors lies in Video playback problem (probably caused by broken/corrupted codec installation).
I would suggest
1. Uninstall all codec packs (K-Lite, CCCP and others).
2. Carefully clean all unusual codec traces out of the system and registry.
3. Reboot your system.
4. Re-install DirectX from Microsoft website (for Win'7/Vista/XP). Link.

P.S. Stop necroposting plz tongue
GreatEmerald
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
CH - HoMM III runtime errorCH - HoMM III runtime errorPosted: Aug 5 2013, 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bersaglio wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the cause of Visual C++ runtime errors lies in Video playback problem (probably caused by broken/corrupted codec installation).

I highly doubt that. There is no video in HoMM3, aside from the end of match animations.

I would say that the most likely reason for that is general data corruption. Running chkdsk may or may not help. Reinstalling the OS should help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Heroes Round Table Forum Index -> Heroes I-IV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1