The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 05 Jun 2009, 15:00

We are proud to announce the Beta2 release of The Chaos Conspiracy. For those interested in playing this game, please download the file TCC Player Intro.pdf at the following link;

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim *
http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs *

This file contains;

(1) an introduction to the game,
(2) an introduction to the development team, play testers, and other contributors,
(3) game play requirements, and
(4) download and installation instructions.

On behalf of The Chaos Conspiracy Development Team,

Happy Gaming!

Big Daddy Jim

-----------------------------------
:right: :right: Note by Pol: :left: :left:

*As BDJ files are long time gone, you can go here to grab them from other sites.
This mod was made with use of Maestro's Mod and GrayFace's tools.
:yes: As of 2019 there is Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced by David Hernandez, I recommend to try it out! ;)
Last edited by Pol on 27 Apr 2020, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 05 Jun 2009, 15:07

Wow, that was quick! Downloading right now! Err... First, I Must make sure if MM6 is actually installed ;|

Thanks a lot to the TCC team!

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 05 Jun 2009, 17:13

One question BDJ :-D . Can i use grayface patch instead of Mok since Grayface contain some great features such as showing recovery rate and experiences.

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 05 Jun 2009, 17:39

phamlongtuan: I just started playing the mod with the latest version of Grayface. It works fine, no crash or anything. Maybe in the future there can be some trouble, but I doubt it.

I'm already stuck at finding Tamara, her home was empty in Elesia xD but I like a lot that fresh update for MM6!
If I can give a suggestion for the final release, could you add locations in the quest log? I've got a quest in Kat'an (hope I spelled it right lol) in which I must find a deer for a man who claims a piece of land. I didn't pay attention to what location the guy asked to search, but as the quest log just tells "Find the deer", I don't know where to begin!
Thanks

PS: one little mistake in Elesia. When you free a prisoner in the chain island, he will tell that he got caught by Baa members and calls the place "Misty Islands" instead of "Elesia". I guess it actually belongs to the past.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 05 Jun 2009, 18:02

phamlongtuan wrote:One question BDJ :-D . Can i use grayface patch instead of Mok since Grayface contain some great features such as showing recovery rate and experiences.
The game was play tested with MOK's. Play at your own risk with the Greyface patch. Don't know if it will work or not.

BDJ
Last edited by Big Daddy Jim on 05 Jun 2009, 18:06, edited 2 times in total.
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 05 Jun 2009, 18:05

kognefaure wrote:phamlongtuan: I just started playing the mod with the latest version of Grayface. It works fine, no crash or anything. Maybe in the future there can be some trouble, but I doubt it.

I'm already stuck at finding Tamara, her home was empty in Elesia xD but I like a lot that fresh update for MM6!
If I can give a suggestion for the final release, could you add locations in the quest log? I've got a quest in Kat'an (hope I spelled it right lol) in which I must find a deer for a man who claims a piece of land. I didn't pay attention to what location the guy asked to search, but as the quest log just tells "Find the deer", I don't know where to begin!
Thanks

PS: one little mistake in Elesia. When you free a prisoner in the chain island, he will tell that he got caught by Baa members and calls the place "Misty Islands" instead of "Elesia". I guess it actually belongs to the past.
Re; The 'find the deed' quest. Check your inventory. You were given a scroll that will provide additional info on the location.

Thanks for the 'cage' dialog error. I'll fix it for the final release.

BDJ

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 05 Jun 2009, 18:35

Wow, I'm more than interested in this, but the download size is huge! I won't get down to playing this until tomorrow. You should consider putting those files in .rar archives.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 05 Jun 2009, 19:08

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
phamlongtuan wrote:One question BDJ :-D . Can i use grayface patch instead of Mok since Grayface contain some great features such as showing recovery rate and experiences.
The game was play tested with MOK's. Play at your own risk with the Greyface patch. Don't know if it will work or not.

BDJ
BDJ ;| , i got trouble for download this mod. I stucked at 553 permission denied :S :(

Edit: Found my problem :proud: :hoo: . My poor web browser.

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 05 Jun 2009, 21:58

Wow, brilliant! :-D I am very impressed, a big "thank you" to all the team involved. I've just spent all evening playing it and it's very well put together and refreshingly different to standard MM6.

Do you want to hear about bugs/minor problems in this thread? I haven't found any show-stoppers, just things like the hot-spot for the 'exit' button on the load screen (which is lovely, by the way) isn't quite in the right place. But on the whole TCC rocks. :devil:

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 05 Jun 2009, 22:34

Nelviticus wrote:Wow, brilliant! :-D I am very impressed, a big "thank you" to all the team involved. I've just spent all evening playing it and it's very well put together and refreshingly different to standard MM6.

Do you want to hear about bugs/minor problems in this thread? I haven't found any show-stoppers, just things like the hot-spot for the 'exit' button on the load screen (which is lovely, by the way) isn't quite in the right place. But on the whole TCC rocks. :devil:
We're all glad that you are enjoying TCC. Just out of curiosity, what playing level did you select?

And yes, please feel free to report any 'bugs' you might encounter while exploring Nimradur. That's the only way we'll produce a near-perfect final game.

Happy gaming!

BDJ

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 06 Jun 2009, 08:18

My patch, Mok's patch and clean version 1.2 should behave the same in most aspects, so I think there shouldn't be any problems. But if you experience, for example, crashes, try it with Mok's patch.
And don't forget to turn off the "Change LOD files" task if you install new versions of my patch over the Chaos Conspiracy.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 06 Jun 2009, 09:37

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Just out of curiosity, what playing level did you select?
I selected 'adventurer' as I didn't know how hard-core it would be.

*spoiler below!*

I only found out that the guy you rescue can heal you *after* I'd painstakingly fought my way back to the island and (barely) survived the ambush. I was right-clicking him for his description instead of left-clicking for his interaction. D'oh!

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 06 Jun 2009, 12:19

Same, selected adventurer.

Ah, thank you about the deer, I didn't notice a new letter in the inventory ^^

Spoilers down!

Some crashes: after unsuccessfully looking for the Seer, I went into the Cavern of the Rogue in Kat'an and got the game to crash at two different situations:

I picked what I thought was a pile of gold... But it actually is a book of learning, and when I open the inventory and right-click in order to identify the book, the games crashes.
Later, the game crashed twice as I picked another item on the ground. I couldn't see what it was.

Just to make sure it isn't caused by Grayface's patch, I'll try to install Mok's patch.

Again a big THANK YOU and CONGRATS' to the TCC team!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 06 Jun 2009, 12:49

kognefaure wrote:Same, selected adventurer.

Ah, thank you about the deer, I didn't notice a new letter in the inventory ^^
You're welcome!

kognefaure wrote:Spoilers down!

Some crashes: after unsuccessfully looking for the Seer, I went into the Cavern of the Rogue in Kat'an and got the game to crash at two different situations:

I picked what I thought was a pile of gold... But it actually is a book of learning, and when I open the inventory and right-click in order to identify the book, the games crashes.
Later, the game crashed twice as I picked another item on the ground. I couldn't see what it was.

Just to make sure it isn't caused by Grayface's patch, I'll try to install Mok's patch.
After you reinstall the game .EXE, update to 1.2, and apply MOK's, you may need to start a new game. Just to be sure.

There are/were no reported crashes here from any of the play testers in Apha1, Alpha2, or Beta1 testing.

kognefaure wrote:Again a big THANK YOU and CONGRATS' to the TCC team!
On behalf of the team, thanks for this. We all do hope that you enjoy the adventure!

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Cavern of the Rogue Crash

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 06 Jun 2009, 21:13

kognefaure,

I just sent you a PM concerning the Cavern of the Rogue crash. Please take a moment to check your personal messages.

Thanks,

BDJ

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 07 Jun 2009, 01:56

Is the enormous letters really necessary?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 07 Jun 2009, 07:14

Ethric wrote:Is the enormous letters really necessary?
Yes,they are @Ethric-for they're mod designer answers on players questions and it would be more clearly seen by new many players-for author,obviously, will not be able to provide everyone with questions with personal guidance all the time.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Jun 2009, 07:23

Just a note: Mok's patch is not necessary to run this mod - so far I didn't have any errors playing without this patch.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 07 Jun 2009, 07:34

Corlagon wrote:Wow, I'm more than interested in this, but the download size is huge! I won't get down to playing this until tomorrow. You should consider putting those files in .rar archives.
I was on download site right now and data.file is zipped .
Good luck with game !

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 07 Jun 2009, 22:36

I was more worried about the files containing movies.

Return to “Might and Magic”