GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Priesten
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Priesten » 05 Apr 2012, 21:08

Another bug - Monks are completely unaffected by armsmaster mastery damage bonus.

Using only fist: Attack and speed applies correctly, but damage not.
Using only staff (no grandmastery synergy): Attack, speed and damage all apply correctly.
Using staff at grandmastery(enables unarmed at the same time): Damage from armsmaster is again switched off. Attack and speed is applied correctly.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 05 Apr 2012, 21:32

Priesten wrote:Another bug - Monks are completely unaffected by armsmaster mastery damage bonus.

Using only fist: Attack and speed applies correctly, but damage not.
Using only staff (no grandmastery synergy): Attack, speed and damage all apply correctly.
Using staff at grandmastery(enables unarmed at the same time): Damage from armsmaster is again switched off. Attack and speed is applied correctly.
Ehh, 'arms' in 'armsmaster' means 'weapon', not 'hands'. So it's really a bug, actually unarmed fighting must not be affected by armsmaster skill at all.

Priesten
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Priesten » 05 Apr 2012, 21:49

The definition of the word arms, or whether it should or should not work togeather is irrellevant. I'm point out the inconsistency in how the skills work, and that if you look at how all the skills work in the current version, you will see that the skills do not work the way the developers intended thanks to what probably would be an oversight while coding the game. Just like how haste didn't work at all, and was later fixed. Disregarding that I personally think it's a completely overpowered spell and imo the game would be better off without it, the game should work the way the developers meant for it to work.

Armsmaster gives some bonuses while others not. Either it should give no bonuses or all bonuses. This is clearly an oversight from the developers of the game. And armsmaster working properly with staff (without grandmastery) and then later on losing half the bonuses when your skill advances after grandmastery is the same type of oversight. My take on this is that armsmaster should either give full or no bonuses to regular style unarmed, but full bonus while using only staff (since it is a weapon), but also full bonus at staff grandmaster since the skill clearly states it should work in conjunction with the unarmed skill. In other words it's like using two weapons, and if one of them benefits from armsmaster, then obviously armsmaster bonuses should apply. The bonuses work properly with regular "ungranded" staff skill, after all.

Second, hammerhands stop working when you equip staff, even with grandmastery. To me, this is more of a grey zone but it feels like a completely pointless spell if it doesn't work with the skills that the developers intended for the monk to use.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 06 Apr 2012, 15:55

I disagree - I believe it was intended that Armsmaster NOT work with Unarmed. The monk would be way too strong if that was the case.

Armsmaster for Monk exists in case you wanna go for a spear or sword build.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 07 Apr 2012, 02:07

Grayface, while not a bug per se, could you please make the MM7 Regen spell exactly like MM8, as in, not completely overpowered? 50 HP every few seconds at the GM level is excessive, no?

Zareth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zareth » 07 Apr 2012, 08:46

Priesten wrote: I beat it just today with only 1 monk at level 1 (killed off the three others at the start so that my monk is solo), while in melee range. Didn't even save/load that much. Just listen to the sound of the dragons shots and you can avoid the projectile quite easily.

By the way, one bug I noticed in this patch (not sure if it is fixed in the later versions of greyface patch, since I think I'm using a bit older version, from GOG). The spear skill is slightly broken. Expert is supposed to increase damage per skill, but it doesn't do that. Instead, it comes into play when you become master.
Too bad this trick doesn't seem to work for me for MM6. I'm not sure why that one doesn't work for me yet. I'll put more of an effort when I want to play it more ;)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 07 Apr 2012, 21:21

Well, armsmaster definitely shouldn't add attack and speed bonuses when unarmed, so that's a bug. If it wasn't fixed already.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 11 May 2012, 05:55

Hey! I love your patch but was wondering if you could add a few things to it.

+ If possible, make it so that xp differs depending on how many of your guys are unable to battle. (for instance if 3 guys are dead the one guy living will get all the xp (about 3x) for killing the monsters instead of just the normal amount.

+ A quick Load would be nice considering I exploit and reload alot It would be nice to have a quick load that loads the last quick save.

+ THis is more of a personal one since Im playing solo, but I would like it if there was a way to sell stuff in dead players inventory, but at the merchant skill of the living player (probably will be too difficult but I wanted to ask anyway)

If I think of More Ill Post, I also understand if you for whatever reason you cannot make these changes, and respect your reasoning. Thanks for making a great patch for MM games!

coltrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coltrek » 11 May 2012, 13:11

In your C:\Program Files\3DO\Might and Magic VII
Open the MM7 Configuration Settings in a notepad
In mine before the change...

QuickSavesKey=122
QuickLoadKey=0

I changed it to this...

QuickSavesKey=122
QuickLoadKey=123

Where 122 is F11 and 123 is F12

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 11 May 2012, 14:38

coltrek wrote:In your C:\Program Files\3DO\Might and Magic VII
Open the MM7 Configuration Settings in a notepad
In mine before the change...

QuickSavesKey=122
QuickLoadKey=0

I changed it to this...

QuickSavesKey=122
QuickLoadKey=123

Where 122 is F11 and 123 is F12
Thanks! For what ever reason I did not have the QuickLoadKey so I typed it in as you did thanks! I Just KNEW that there was a Quick Load But As stated I didn't have it....

Edit: For some reason It doesnt work.... Can you tell me if there are other things I need to configure for it to work?

coltrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coltrek » 12 May 2012, 17:11

Does your MM7 Configuration Settings looks like this?

CapsLockToggleRun=0
QuickSavesCount=2
QuickSavesKey=122
QuickLoadKey=123
NoDeathMovie=0
NoIntro=0
NoCD=1
InventoryKey=73
ToggleCharacterScreenKey=192
FreeTabInInventory=1
HardenArtifacts=1
PlayMP3=0
MusicLoopsCount=1
NoVideoDelays=1
ReputationNumber=1
DoubleSpeedKey=113
TurnSpeedNormal=100
TurnSpeedDouble=120
ProgressiveDaggerTrippleDamage=1
FixChests=1
BlasterRecovery=5
DataFiles=1
NoD3DBitmapHwl=1
MouseLook=0
MouseSensitivityX=50
MouseSensitivityY=50
MouseSensitivityAltModeX=90
MouseSensitivityAltModeY=90
MouseLookChangeKey=4
MouseLookTempKey=0
CapsLockToggleMouseLook=1
AlwaysStrafe=0
MouseLookFly=1
MouseWheelFly=1
PaletteSMul=0.65
PaletteVMul=1.1
AutorunKey=114

You might try this
QuickSavesKey=116
QuickLoadKey=120
where 116 = F5 (quick save) and 120 = F9 (quick load)

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 12 May 2012, 18:20

coltrek wrote:Does your MM7 Configuration Settings looks like this?

CapsLockToggleRun=0
QuickSavesCount=2
QuickSavesKey=122
QuickLoadKey=123
NoDeathMovie=0
NoIntro=0
NoCD=1
InventoryKey=73
ToggleCharacterScreenKey=192
FreeTabInInventory=1
HardenArtifacts=1
PlayMP3=0
MusicLoopsCount=1
NoVideoDelays=1
ReputationNumber=1
DoubleSpeedKey=113
TurnSpeedNormal=100
TurnSpeedDouble=120
ProgressiveDaggerTrippleDamage=1
FixChests=1
BlasterRecovery=5
DataFiles=1
NoD3DBitmapHwl=1
MouseLook=0
MouseSensitivityX=50
MouseSensitivityY=50
MouseSensitivityAltModeX=90
MouseSensitivityAltModeY=90
MouseLookChangeKey=4
MouseLookTempKey=0
CapsLockToggleMouseLook=1
AlwaysStrafe=0
MouseLookFly=1
MouseWheelFly=1
PaletteSMul=0.65
PaletteVMul=1.1
AutorunKey=114

You might try this
QuickSavesKey=116
QuickLoadKey=120
where 116 = F5 (quick save) and 120 = F9 (quick load)

Thanks! From the look of your settings compared to mine it seemed I was missing a lot of them, I tried copy/Paste those configuration settings and it didn't work So if figured that my GrayFace patch must be out of date, So I reinstalled GrayFace patch and sure enough it now works! Thank you for your help!

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 14 May 2012, 07:17

the beavers1 wrote:+ If possible, make it so that xp differs depending on how many of your guys are unable to battle. (for instance if 3 guys are dead the one guy living will get all the xp (about 3x) for killing the monsters instead of just the normal amount.
I always thought that's how it happens. Gotta check.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 14 May 2012, 08:01

GrayFace wrote:
the beavers1 wrote:+ If possible, make it so that xp differs depending on how many of your guys are unable to battle. (for instance if 3 guys are dead the one guy living will get all the xp (about 3x) for killing the monsters instead of just the normal amount.
I always thought that's how it happens. Gotta check.
So Sorry I just checked the experience difference when killing one goblin and noticed that it is indeed 4x the normal xp when single person compared to a full party of 4. The single person gained 56 xp where as the when all 4 were alive he only gained 14. Should have checked before asking I am truly sorry I just assumed it was that way since for the most part I didn't ever notice much of a difference or impact in the xp and leveling. Again I am Sorry.

lawn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7 training centers

Unread postby lawn » 16 May 2012, 06:48

Is there any way to make training time in mm7 like in mm6, i.e. one week per training instead of one week per level?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: MM7 training centers

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 16 May 2012, 17:23

lawn wrote:Is there any way to make training time in mm7 like in mm6, i.e. one week per training instead of one week per level?
No. It's a feature, not a bug. If anything, it's MM6 that should be altered.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 16 May 2012, 18:02

I prefer MM9 system, where training is instant.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 16 May 2012, 20:40

tolich wrote:I prefer MM9 system, where training is instant.
And I prefer that trainers give you money for training at them, and also turn back time :P

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 17 May 2012, 09:08

GreatEmerald wrote:And I prefer that trainers give you money for training at them, and also turn back time :P
They totally do if you're Merchant Master 34. :D I think that it's a wrong thing though.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 18 May 2012, 02:22

tolich wrote:
GreatEmerald wrote:And I prefer that trainers give you money for training at them, and also turn back time :P
They totally do if you're Merchant Master 34. :D I think that it's a wrong thing though.
I guess that is why I can never justify use of a paladin. GM merchant is so weak compared to high master levels and other than that, a paladin doesn't bring much (they really needed at least master spirit and better weapon skills). Having 3 characters using a cudgel make me feel too picky on my loot drops.

I do like the merchant bug though. It was so useful when I ran MageMageLichLich and level capped easily. I wonder if getting free gold like that would offend the gods when you train in Arslegard? Now if only I could make a statue from that gold...maybe in the shape of some kind of bird...

Return to “Might and Magic”