Peasant Evolution

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which peasant do you find the best one?

Heroes I
20%
Heroes II
24%
Heroes III
16%
Heroes IV
17%
Heroes V
22%

Total votes: 129

stijn
Peasant
Peasant

Peasant Evolution

Unread postby stijn » 21 Jul 2006, 11:56

h1:
others
Last edited by stijn on 21 Jul 2006, 13:28, edited 2 times in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 Jul 2006, 12:11

Number 4 for me. I always think of them when I read Gothrak's Super Peasant article :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 21 Jul 2006, 13:04

Here, a H1 peasant:

BTW, next time wait for a week to pass OK? We don't want angry Cain closing the Evolution polls ;)
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

stijn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby stijn » 21 Jul 2006, 13:27

thanks :) , and sorry for opening a new poll too soon. didn't know about that ;|

edit: glad i didn't make the grand elf, skeleton, crusader, cavalier, golem, genie, druid, lich, ghost topics at the same time B-)
Last edited by stijn on 21 Jul 2006, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 21 Jul 2006, 13:34

H4 for me. The peasants are the least frightening creatures ever, and of all these, I think the H4 peasants are the most peasantish and charming ones.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 21 Jul 2006, 14:36

I'd have to go with the H2 peasant..Peasants are certainly the weakest creatures in the HoMM series, and the H2 looks like it, and sure has the terrible stats to prove it..

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jul 2006, 15:04

H2 because you know, it actualy looks like a peasant, not like a beggar or the town drunk, or some guy out jogging, or a modified zombie skin. And you have to love his weapon.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 21 Jul 2006, 15:10

Vote Heroes 2 Peasant
That weapon should do more damage.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 21 Jul 2006, 17:56

Voted H5. H1 looks dumb. H2 doesn't have a pitchfork, and we all know that's the peasants' weapon of choice. H3 looks too trashy. H4 can't walk. Ergo H5.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 21 Jul 2006, 22:02

H1 of course, H5 are too FAT. Ever seen a fat peasant in any fantasy world? NO, they are starved and penniless! haha.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 Jul 2006, 02:51

I vote for H2 because it really looks like the most useless creature in combat. I don't know why they gave it a candy cane as a weapon. A sickle doesn't look anything like that, although I'll give them credit for having a weapon unique to other peasants, and more fitting too. They should have used the sickle for other peasants. The thought of a peasant attacking a dragon with a rake is laughable. There aren't many leaf dragons in heroes, at least a sickle is sharp.

H5 is definitly the worst of the lot. Not only does it not resemble a peasant in any way, it's also very ugly artistically. What were they thinking with that blue shirt? In historical times, blue, along with purple, were only colors reserved for royalty. Besides that, could you ever imagine anybody wearing a shirt like that in past, or even present times? And don't get me started on the hat. He looks like a bloated town drunk.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 22 Jul 2006, 04:40

mr.hackcrag wrote: The thought of a peasant attacking a dragon with a rake is laughable. There aren't many leaf dragons in heroes, at least a sickle is sharp.
Pitchfork. Not rake. But yeah, a rake would be funny.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 22 Jul 2006, 10:18

mr.hackcrag wrote: H5 is definitly the worst of the lot. Not only does it not resemble a peasant in any way, it's also very ugly artistically. What were they thinking with that blue shirt? In historical times, blue, along with purple, were only colors reserved for royalty. Besides that, could you ever imagine anybody wearing a shirt like that in past, or even present times? And don't get me started on the hat. He looks like a bloated town drunk.
I don't know why they are wearind royal collors. Perhaps because they have been thrown into the imperial militia??
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Jul 2006, 10:51

Voted for HI.HIV is right next to it,but you have to like the beard.HIII looks like a beggar.HII has a sickle,which I dont like.And HV is a fat bast***!

Also,stijn,its ok,you didnt know about the rule.check here from time to time.Ill give announcment when a full week has passed since the last poll.

Btw,I know I originally said putting all of the units in one picture would be excelent,but I correct myself now.It makes my job updating a poll a bit harder.Especially if a picture is not a known one.I know I made that topic myself,so I have no right to force you to do anything,but I can at least ask you nicelly not to put all of the pictures in a single pic.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Jul 2006, 12:48

Kareeah Indaga wrote:
mr.hackcrag wrote: The thought of a peasant attacking a dragon with a rake is laughable. There aren't many leaf dragons in heroes, at least a sickle is sharp.
Pitchfork. Not rake. But yeah, a rake would be funny.
I guess all those Hay Stack Dragons are in trouble.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 22 Jul 2006, 13:14

[quote="I guess all those Hay Stack Dragons are in trouble.[/quote]

You know, judging by all the dragons that ubi threw into H5, a Hay Stack Dragon might not be far behind. They could give it "Hates Peasants" as a special ability.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 23 Jul 2006, 12:12

Haha, that would be hilarious! But the dragon would be very weak against fire magic... ;)

Anyway I voted for H4 peasant, poor guy. So starved and so peasant like with his loyal weapon, the pitchfork. H5 comes second because of a cool drunk bastard attitude and shape :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jul 2006, 14:57

Orfinn wrote:Haha, that would be hilarious! But the dragon would be very weak against fire magic... ;)
That's where the upgraded Wet Hay Stack Dragon comes in. Try to burn him and the smoke asphixiates every creature in a wide radius (7x7).

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 23 Jul 2006, 15:28

Voted: Heroes I Peasant!

They bring back such fond memories of when Heroes was new to me and so exciting. Besides being the first, they are the best of all the peasant evolutions. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Jul 2006, 15:45

ThunderTitan wrote:
Orfinn wrote:Haha, that would be hilarious! But the dragon would be very weak against fire magic... ;)
That's where the upgraded Wet Hay Stack Dragon comes in. Try to burn him and the smoke asphixiates every creature in a wide radius (7x7).
By the time this thread is through, we'll probably have come up with an entirely new creature for the homm universe. Here's another ability it could have: Any Unicorns in the heroes army regenerate health after eating some of the tasty hay from the Hay Stack Dragon. (Do horses even eat hay?)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”