MM3 - some questions, just started playing

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 18 Oct 2014, 17:00

Getting the team to 200 is easy, you just run out of gold unless you want to wait 10 years on bank interest (the same problem happens in MM5). In MM3 just don't use a full team, those Kudo Crabs in the whirlpools and the Vultures in the sand digs on the earth isle are millions of xp. For a full team you can farm experience in the arena fighting off a bunch of Dragon Kings.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 22 Oct 2014, 00:11

Arret wrote:Getting the team to 200 is easy, you just run out of gold unless you want to wait 10 years on bank interest (the same problem happens in MM5). In MM3 just don't use a full team, those Kudo Crabs in the whirlpools and the Vultures in the sand digs on the earth isle are millions of xp. For a full team you can farm experience in the arena fighting off a bunch of Dragon Kings.
Yep... but the experience ain't the problem - it's the gold!

I believe I've read a guide to MM5 (or was it the entire World of Xeen guide?) which said that you can train your whole party to 200 and then get even further up to 255 by using level raising world objects - but they also said all this training would cost you over 151 million gold. But they also mentioned it's quite easy to get that much experience, so I also reckon they have ways of getting that much gold too. I'll see when I get seriously to playin'.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 22 Oct 2014, 01:15

The only way to get that much gold is hoarding it and then when you are ready to make a level push spend years doing and re-doing the "job" in Fountain Head which instantly burns one week. The interest is 1% per week in the bank. Doing this hundreds of times will eventually get your gold up.

You have to do the same thing to reach max training level in MM5. Of note though is that if you are in WoX, the "prison" event where you try to steal in Vertigo with someone who has no Thievery skill does NOT cause interest to accumulate. You have to use the job event if you don't want to burn the hard way.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 22 Oct 2014, 19:40

Arret wrote:The only way to get that much gold is hoarding it and then when you are ready to make a level push spend years doing and re-doing the "job" in Fountain Head which instantly burns one week. The interest is 1% per week in the bank. Doing this hundreds of times will eventually get your gold up.

You have to do the same thing to reach max training level in MM5. Of note though is that if you are in WoX, the "prison" event where you try to steal in Vertigo with someone who has no Thievery skill does NOT cause interest to accumulate. You have to use the job event if you don't want to burn the hard way.
Well, at the very least in WoX you don't have to worry about two hirelings burning off your gold by a million every day, lol. The system from MM6 and 7 was so much better - a percentage of party-found gold.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Nov 2014, 17:59

I don't agree. Hirelings in MM3 were really nice, because they were actual people, and they require a good amoount of gold, so they're very much not permanent party members. They're rather a last resort case for whenever you're in a really tough dungeon and need an extra boost. Kudos for keeping them throughout the game, but I'm pretty sure that's not how the developers wanted you to play the game ;)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 11 Nov 2014, 22:59

GreatEmerald wrote:I don't agree. Hirelings in MM3 were really nice, because they were actual people, and they require a good amoount of gold, so they're very much not permanent party members. They're rather a last resort case for whenever you're in a really tough dungeon and need an extra boost. Kudos for keeping them throughout the game, but I'm pretty sure that's not how the developers wanted you to play the game ;)
Haha yeah, you might be right about that :D

But I simply couldn't help myself, knowing that the two initial hirelings followed the party on the Lincoln canonically.

Hayven
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hayven » 27 Nov 2014, 15:04

The system from MM6 and 7 was so much better - a percentage of party-found gold.
What, what, what? So that are the banks in MM6-7 for? Do they improve the amount of the found gold? :D
What about playing the Succesion Wars in Heroes 5? Come and check it out!

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 27 Nov 2014, 17:35

For not losing all your gold when you die.
Otherwise, nothing.

Hayven
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hayven » 27 Nov 2014, 18:01

Oh. So was right :)

But what did Xfing mean, then? By the percentage?
What about playing the Succesion Wars in Heroes 5? Come and check it out!

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 27 Nov 2014, 21:25

In MM6-8 hirelings take a percentage (depending on the hireling type) of all gold you pick up, instead of whatever it is that they did in MM3.
(By the sounds of it, they instead took a percentage of your total gold every day.)

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 29 Nov 2014, 01:05

Bloax wrote:In MM6-8 hirelings take a percentage (depending on the hireling type) of all gold you pick up, instead of whatever it is that they did in MM3.
(By the sounds of it, they instead took a percentage of your total gold every day.)
In MM3 they take a flat amount per day based on the level of the hireling. This gets expensive fast and on top of that going into shops takes a full day. The game isn't designed around the idea that you need the hirelings unless you need to clean something out that completely outlevels you (which won't happen if you are in places that are appropriate for you).

Return to “Might and Magic”