MM9 Install-Wizard won't start (Win 7 64-Bit)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

MM9 Install-Wizard won't start (Win 7 64-Bit)

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 11 Oct 2014, 22:01

I have Win 7 Pro 64-Bit. After clicking setup.exe nothing happens. The task manager shows though that "Setup.exe*32" is being executed. The menu never comes up though. Is the 64-Bit OS the problem? I have tried different settings in compatibility mode (XP SP 2/3, 95, 98/ME) I think I had MM9 already running on the same OS. It was a long time back though, so I could be mistaken.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 12 Oct 2014, 01:28

Never had a problem with the installer on Win 7 64 bit. The problem is the load screen gets stuck unless you use one of the fixes.

Also it's MM9, you really aren't missing out on anything.

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 12 Oct 2014, 03:54

Arret wrote:Never had a problem with the installer on Win 7 64 bit. The problem is the load screen gets stuck unless you use one of the fixes.

Also it's MM9, you really aren't missing out on anything.
I kind of like MM9. What fixes are you referring to?

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 12 Oct 2014, 09:25

I was able to install it. I had to shut off "setpoint" from my logitech peripherals.

Now MM9 won't start though. I just get a black screen and a couple seconds later I find myself back on the desktop, with the error message: "MMIX has stopped working".

Return to “Might and Magic”