CLArcomage

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

CLArcomage

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 17 Sep 2011, 16:34

Since I released the first beta, I might as well create a new topic for it.

First off, CLArcomage stands for Command Line Arcomage and is a frontend for my Arcomage Clone project. You can do everything you could in a normal Arcomage game and more here. The UI is text-based, and it has quite quirky controls, but it works nicely otherwise, and it is very lightweight, since it doesn't require any sound or graphics resources to be loaded (doesn't even require support for a graphical interface, for that matter). It works on both Windows and Linux (and probably compiles on Mac, too, but I can't test that).

I'll repost my note on the controls here:
Also note that when you are asked for a card, you must enter its number that is given near the name of the card. The input there is quite finicky due to the way D handles it, so make sure you enter the right thing, or else you won't be able to delete what you input and thus make it impossible to continue the game. As for when it asks for a yes/no answer, everything is considered 'no', unless it is 'yes', 'Yes', 'true', 'True' or '1'.
It already has a pretty good support of all the configuration options like starting resources, victory conditions, even the amount of cards in hand and possibly the amount of players. You can also already script your own card decks. And hotseat and demo game support is already in, too.

To download, see the post on my website:
http://greatemerald.xmpcommunity.com/in ... omage.html

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Aug 2014, 20:31

So, after a bit of a break, I decided to go back to the Arcomage project. Since I want to revamp my Arcomage Clone game (SDL 2.0 has been released not long ago, so got to make use of that, plus D's support for it became much better as well), I'm starting by updating the command line version of the game. The updated source is in my git repository at the moment:
https://github.com/GreatEmerald/Command-Line-Arcomage
No binary builds yet, I want to sort a few things out first. Feel free to compile it yourself or look at the code (it's super simple, made to be a sort of a usage example for libarcomage).

Changes from last time include updating to the new libarcomage API, some readability improvements and boolean questions accepting "y" as a valid answer.

Some things I want to try out is the ability to create custom decks via Lua scripting (I'm thinking of a Touhou inspired deck), and also have a near feature parity with MArcomage. CLArcomage is a good way of testing new decks without worrying about possible bugs in the graphical frontend. If someone wants to try and make their own Arcomage decks, now is a good time, too (and it's quite simple!).

Oh, and a bit off-topic, but just a note that I've recently finished Heroes Chronicles: The World Tree on my YouTube channel, and am getting very close to the end of MM2: Gates to Another World :)

Return to “Might and Magic”