hello all, mm7 question here

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
kurac
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

hello all, mm7 question here

Unread postby kurac » 29 Apr 2014, 08:34

hello, new here but not new at all with might & magic series :P

so i have a question: whenever i finish game, the last quest doesnt disappear from my quest book. its highly annoying so hope someone can help :| i never modded, but im using greyfaces patch

edit: damnit, im a leprechaun :S

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 29 Apr 2014, 12:45

What quest is that? The last main quest?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Apr 2014, 15:26

I used to be bothered by a "0" that would appear on our quest log (in original version). I'm replaying that game now, without mods. So I can play it again and check upon the improvements more precisely, then I could see it by myself. Perhaps they forgot to make the script so that quest would disappear from the log book after finishing the game, if they changed info on that matter when doing the mod.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 29 Apr 2014, 15:41

I have got to wonder - what does it matter? Isn't the game over by then? I never even opened my quest log after finishing the game, I just turned it off.

kurac
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kurac » 29 Apr 2014, 18:28

thanks brothers! and yes, was always marked with "0" before i installed greyface! now i wonder what would happen if i uninstalled greyface before i started that quest ;|

and call me a perfectionist, but when i finish the game i want it to be finished. i dont want the damn last main quest to stay there like i never did it, its confusing!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Apr 2014, 20:27

But the '0' appeared before I started the Last Quest. I really don't remember or noticed when it started appearing. It might be after I passed through the Proving Grounds quest (I'm playing the Good Guys). But the "0" is there already. I'm still undone with many quests.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

kurac
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kurac » 30 Apr 2014, 10:21

Panda Tar wrote:But the '0' appeared before I started the Last Quest. I really don't remember or noticed when it started appearing. It might be after I passed through the Proving Grounds quest (I'm playing the Good Guys). But the "0" is there already. I'm still undone with many quests.
im replaying now, on the way to selecting the judge. so i guess im deleting greyfaces patch and playing complete vanilla just to see what happens and where the "0" actually apppears :devious:

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 May 2014, 11:45

One of the only things MM8 actually does better than MM7 - gives us the much needed closure.

The final quests disappear from the log and the History gets an update.

In MM7 we don't get an update from the court historian, and I'd much love to read his take on what has happened, like his dispelling doubts about the Light allies or his comment about the Dark ending.

Return to “Might and Magic”