MM7 Chinese remake issues [Somewhat Self-solved]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Echo
Demon
Demon

MM7 Chinese remake issues [Somewhat Self-solved]

Unread postby Echo » 13 Apr 2014, 21:19

I've tried to google it, but I failed. The only thing I find about it is a small note about Chinese language cut out. Anyone knows?
Last edited by Anonymous on 15 Apr 2014, 00:20, edited 2 times in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 14 Apr 2014, 13:32

Hmpf, I've caught the console and it seems it only changes the files that BDJ's mod doesn't touch, but I'm getting an error from the Sprites.lod file when trying to enter Deyia:

HiScreen16::LoadTexture - D3Drend -> CreateTexture() failed: 0

Also I've no clue what happened, but the game started to run in windowed mode. Fresh reinstall didn't help. If I change the setting to windowed in the Setup and then back to normal, it goes normal, but only once...

EDIT: I found a workaround and am leaving the message for anyone who might have the same issue: I exported all of the Chinese sprites using the Autolod, picked out those I liked and replaced the normal ones with them in the original Sprites folder the Autlod made. Everything works fine with Deyia and on the regular settings (so with the blur).

If you're using BDJ's mod, make sure NOT to replace blue torches, that's for sure. The Chinese version replaces them with the same red ones as the default.

What I replaced that I can vouch for:
- trees
- flowers
- funny Deyia cactus that is now a statue
- torches
- food and drinks

I didn't replace the pedestals as they're too big for my tastes, but they're safe too. So are the peasants for Erathia surely and male elves. I didn't use them though.

If I were to guess, I'd say the Deyia peasant replacement is the evil crasher, but since I didn't want the replacement, I didn't check. Maybe it was something else, but I've transferred most of their sprites into my game with success.

Cheers.

Return to “Might and Magic”