Brrapp Games is considering a "spiritual successor"

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

If you were to pledge any amount, either per month or per content release to see this game happen, how much would you honestly give?

$1
17%
$5
No votes
$10
17%
$25
17%
$50 or more
50%

Total votes: 6

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Brrapp Games is considering a "spiritual successor"

Unread postby Super Goober » 19 Feb 2014, 13:08

Hey everyone,

This is Ryan Smith, sound designer @ Brrapp Games. I have something to announce that any Might and Magic fan may want to hear:

Tim Lang, as we all know was a level designer and a big part of Might and Magic 6, 7, and 9. He currently heads a game development studio called Brrapp Games. Well, we're having a discussion about the possibility of making a "spiritual successor" to Might and Magic VI, that means a game that isn't but looks and feels like a true part of the series.

If you know the story of Torchlight and the history of its development, this is kinda what we want to do. We both share your frustration with the direction that the MM franchise is heading.

I have played Mandate of Heaven for many, many years (I was 6 when it first came out), so I know on a deep level what it takes to make the game as authentic as possible.

We've recently started talking about setting up a Patreon page for Brrapp Games, and a Patreon page, for those don't know, is like Kickstarter, but there is no "unsuccessful funding" deadline to worry about. It's continuous and ongoing. I have a poll set up and the results will count towards the end result, and here's why:

Tim, at least from what I can tell by working with him, seems a little hesitant and unsure of whether we should proceed immediately or save it for a future project, but I know deep down, he wants to do this.

By the way, this is what Patreon looks like:

http://www.patreon.com/

Do you guys want to see this idea come to fruition? Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

-- Ryan

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 16 Mar 2014, 22:08

well, ya know, pictures? videos?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 16 Mar 2014, 22:29

Talin_Trollbane wrote:well, ya know, pictures? videos?
What he said. Or at least some detailed idea on games content, gameplay, system etc.
If it's successor to mm : IX I would probably donate so it never comes out. If it;s similar to mm6-8 or wizardry or some other nice party based fp RPG I might think of it.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 17 Mar 2014, 04:57

How about i pay $50 and get a copy of game when it released :)

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 18 Mar 2014, 16:48

If the game looks, plays and feels like MM6,7 and 8 than yea I would be tempted to support the game.
By the way would you guys consider risking it with Kickstarter as well as having a Patreon campaign?

PS: Some concept art, or more info would be appreciated as well :)

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 23 Mar 2014, 16:31

Coldy wrote:If the game looks, plays and feels like MM6,7 and 8 than yea I would be tempted to support the game.
By the way would you guys consider risking it with Kickstarter as well as having a Patreon campaign?

PS: Some concept art, or more info would be appreciated as well :)
Sure! Patreon is pretty much ongoing, while kickstarter would probably be active sometime later in development. Right now, we're getting the groundwork set up. It may take a while to finish the two projects we have going at present, depending on many factors, but at the very least, Brrapp Games is definitely going for a game that looks and feels like Might and Magic 6-8, emphasis on 6 because I think that's the one most of us remember when we think of Might and Magic.

As for concept art and information about the game itself, we don't have much if anything to show right now. Remember, we have two other projects that we're building to prepare us for this game.

However, things can change so nothing is set in stone yet except the fact that the spiritual successor (for lack of a better name) is definitely on the way, no matter how distant it may seem sometimes.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 23 Mar 2014, 21:43

Glad to hear you are exploring all options.

I hope the two projects you are working on will be successful and help you start off the spiritual successor to our beloved franchise :)

Return to “Might and Magic”