Wox2 - DEMO IS AVAILABLE ! (only RUS language)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 20 Oct 2011, 10:57

GrayFace wrote:This dude ... doesn't have eyes: http://radikal.ru/F/s53.radikal.ru/i139 ... 0.jpg.html
Isn't there one above his snout nose? It's a cyclops, I believe.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Oct 2011, 11:59

tolich wrote:
GrayFace wrote:This dude ... doesn't have eyes: http://radikal.ru/F/s53.radikal.ru/i139 ... 0.jpg.html
Isn't there one above his snout nose? It's a cyclops, I believe.
i think that it is ogre :D for sure!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

AlexYeCu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AlexYeCu » 20 Oct 2011, 12:34

vladimir-maestro wrote:just done in the early morning:
And as I see, mesh differs from mesh of the man, yeah? It`s more regular, without sharp and narrow long faces, right?
BTW - why you want to add crowds like in MM6?
May be cause we are developing a game with Might_and_Magic-like gameplay?
Big count of mobs forces a player to use different spells, to think about priorities of targets and so on.

And one more thing: was this model made by you?
tolich wrote:It's a cyclops, I believe.
vladimir-maestro wrote: i think that it is ogre :D for sure!
That was a troll, guys.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Oct 2011, 14:17

AlexYeCu wrote:
vladimir-maestro wrote:just done in the early morning:
And as I see, mesh differs from mesh of the man, yeah? It`s more regular, without sharp and narrow long faces, right?
BTW - why you want to add crowds like in MM6?
May be cause we are developing a game with Might_and_Magic-like gameplay?
Big count of mobs forces a player to use different spells, to think about priorities of targets and so on.

And one more thing: was this model made by you?
1) the first man was just an experiment with normal bump mapping - so was a usage of a "poser" model + mesh decimating = that way i got irregular mesh with random links (but bone system still works fine).

2)such big crowds were only in mm6...maybe in mm2 in aqualander's plane and other elemental lords. the game should show a quality but not a quantity, but if you plan something about an armies invasion - it could be. anyway there is no tactics and thought if there are 1000 the same creatures - no matter which one to hit and usage of mass spells only :disagree:

3) if you can say that optimized "poser" model could be mine own - so it be. but ogre was based on a poser male figure as 95% models and renders i do.

there are alot of programs that helps to work with 3D graphics and animations. "poser" helps much in charecter creation - then warp it into 3ds max, rework it, low it resolution and you got perfect low-poly game char. i can create such models but i cannot riggid them in 3ds max in that way i prefer "poser".
Last edited by vladimir-maestro on 20 Oct 2011, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

AlexYeCu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AlexYeCu » 20 Oct 2011, 15:20

vladimir-maestro wrote:the game should show a quality but not a quantity
Depends on game, I think.
anyway there is no tactics and thought if there are 1000 the same creatures - no matter which one to hit and usage of mass spells only
Who`s telling about the same creatures? Heroes-like packs with mages, shooters and melee-fighters will be ok, I think. Even with weak AI.

--

I do not use 3DSMax and almost any other MS Win-only software. And I prefer to make models "from zero".

And one more thing: there are a lot of people, who can give an advise, and only a few, who have time and desire for doing something. 9 of 10 mob models were made by me (near 70 now), others — by a person, who made (and still makes) all level design and architecture. Anyway, you`ll not see graphic level like in %modern_game_name. But have your ever seen M&M-like gameplay in any %modern_game_name?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 20 Oct 2011, 17:22

Lots of enemies makes mass spells useful, so it's fair to have them, but you have to be careful not to turn it into MM6 castle slug fests. Those are never fun for the player.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Oct 2011, 17:50

as you wish, AlexYeCu, it's your choise not to listen wise advises.
thats all from me.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 20 Oct 2011, 20:19

What do you have against penis, Vlaad? :D

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 20 Oct 2011, 22:53

Maybe I am alone, but I think it's excellent to see a project for the RPGs advancing very far into a playable state, whatever about the visuals (and even then, the portrait renders look magnificent to me). Character models can always be redone later, but they're rather worthless no matter the quality if there's no game to put them in.

Kudos to AlexYeCu and his team.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Oct 2011, 11:07

WoX2 graphics is really impressive and it's a part of the reason why there's this talk about models. Environments look great and models don't match that quality bar. I agree that finishing the game is the priority.
vladimir-maestro wrote:BTW - why you want to add crowds like in MM6? What it is for? to have dozens of 1 hp monsters do not make game more interesting, mm is an RPG game not a 3d shooter.
Diablo 2 is also a 3D shooter. It was mentioned that with current limits there can't be crowds as big as in MM6 already. It is fine, I won't miss them, but if you cut what's left by 2 that would be too few.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

prince87x
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby prince87x » 27 Nov 2011, 21:43

I for one am glad to see any fan project get anywhere. Seems 95% of fan projects never finish. I think people are being a bit too critical of graphics. I do see how the environment looks quite good while some of the enemy models seem a bit out of place comparatively.

Great work guys. I'm interested to hear news about the project.

Larik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Larik » 24 Jan 2012, 08:43

Demo will be very soon. We already have everything except balanced combat system. So this is what we need to do before complete demo.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 24 Jan 2012, 11:50

Everything's great except for the bloom.
Lower the bloom tenfold, don't make another soapy movie.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 24 Jan 2012, 18:29

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

MMX challenges you ;)

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 25 Jan 2012, 08:56

8|

Have totally forgot this project, and now I read demo is out soon! Can't wait to test it, thx for the update and keep it up :-D
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Xathras
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Xathras » 02 Feb 2012, 10:20

Well, in the trailers graphics are pretty damn good and the textures in the screenshots are great too, so I see no reason to worry. I think bloom effect can be turned off.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Feb 2012, 11:07

I agree that bloom is bad. Also, grass is too green, it should be closer to the color of trees.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Larik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Wox2 - new screenshots

Unread postby Larik » 12 Feb 2012, 18:00

It's last and final images from project. Next release will be demo.

cantw82go
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cantw82go » 13 Feb 2012, 06:46

Well done,guys!
I saw some people too critical about your projects,and my idea is--just kick them off!!!
What we want all is to see our favorite MM come back! to call back those hard but happiest times when we tried every means dealing with those masses of goblins or dragonflys!and to see the lands once full of monsters now empty with our blades and curses--as we once did before in enorth/erathia/jadame!MM means exploring,fighting and getting rewards!not graphics!(its ridiculous to be critical to the mosaics in MM1~8,right?)
I am very glad to see the dragonflys and so on now back alive in your new might and magic!Looking forward to you guys next news!

Larik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Larik » 13 Feb 2012, 08:09

Thanx )

Return to “Might and Magic”