Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 21 Jun 2010, 17:35

It’s been quite some time since I posted an update, and I’m sure many of you want to know what is going on with Might and Magic X. As usual we are making progress. I did have a lapse in time in which I had to move to a new location and did not have my computer available. No worries though, all is up and running now, thankfully. So what’s new:

I’d like to tell you all about a couple of new individuals that we’ve been working with lately. From a graphical standpoint, we have DB. He’s been providing our team with new ideas, sketches, and concepts for MMX. His work is outstanding, and I’ve been bringing some of his renders to life within the Might and Magic world. Taron Zudic is another individual who has been providing us with a little assistance in the item department; His specialty is exotic weapons from the East. I think it will be nice to see a few new styles introduced in the Might and Magic world, especially since they have gathered quite a large following as far as popularity is concerned in today’s day and age. We have also made very nice headway in the music department. A few months ago, Johnny Coolin provided us with our first musical piece. I have also been in talks with Todde Luring who is currently doing tracks for the Might and Magic 10 game. More on their work further down.

I am sure many of you are wondering what I have been working on these fast few months. Disregarding the move I just completed, I made a few advancements on our color palette issues and land terrain textures and 3d editing. There are still a few tiny quirks that need to be worked out, but hopefully they won’t be show stoppers. While this work can’t really be shown in screenshots, we have arrived at the moment where can begin editing our landmass. This will be a large undertaking as you all know I’m sure. We must thank Big Daddy Jim for taking the time to show us the ropes with this development aspect. If he hadn’t taken the time to figure all this out himself, and then teach me how to utilize this knowledge, we would still be at a standstill. I’m sure we still have lots to learn, but we know enough to get started.

Graphically, there is still a lot of work to do, and I’ve said this many times, but it will be the most time consuming aspect of the project. We want everything in the game to be virtually new. I have not worked a whole lot with inventory items as I do have other priorities in the game right now, but in my spare time I have been experimenting with particle weapons for Might and Magic X! As mentioned above, I’ve also been converting some of DB’s renders into 2d/3d data for our game. There are also some loose ends an uncompleted work that I’ve been trying to tackle as well. In any event, it’s all very exciting stuff.

Another example of a page from our spellbook:

Another completed spellbook page that I worked on:

One of our Angels; she was incomplete before, but now she’s all done; also in the pic is a hammer originally designed by DB. Brought to life in MMX by me:

Musically, we are starting to acquire some nice very nice music for MMX. The tracks we have gathered thus far for Might and Magic X are very much like Might and Magic 6-8. I am in the process of getting Pirvix to upload these tracks to a source for all of you to sample them. When complete, I will post a link here. I myself find their work absolutely amazing and extremely professional. I just can’t say enough good things’ about their work.

Our website is in need of an update, and I am gathering new info to send to NicRay so he can complete the update with the help of Darknessfood. Thanks for taking the time to read this guys!
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 21 Jun 2010, 18:08

Thanks for the update and thanks again for your hard work. :)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 21 Jun 2010, 18:36

Also this week on the website. A little insight on a certain aspect of the games development, and a little something...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 21 Jun 2010, 19:29

Add my voice and vote to all those cheering for this project to be released.

I notice you are using HOMMIV icons for your spellbook graphics. I also notice and really like the <cough, mumble, mumble, harrumph>sacred seraphim model<cough, cough>.

I love everything about your interface, I just really hope that there are no issues with copyrights.

Surely in this day and age of modding, such that no game developing company can hope to succeed in the pc market if they don't support user-generated content, everything is going to be all right.

There is a possibility that some issues could be avoided with a name change. Instead of "MMX", it could be "MM:(the Subtitle)" - Uebermod for the MM Community" or something like that.

I think that legal eagle powers that be would have an awfully hard time arguing that it's illegal to release mods for pc games. That would set the kind of precedent that makes judges and courts cringe!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 21 Jun 2010, 20:22

I must say, those weapons look superb. The hammer is awesome, I've never seen such a design before, it's very cool. One little nitpick is that the index finger should be shorter than the middle finger, and we should be seeing the back of the finger bent back towards the "grip" of the hammer so to speak. Or is it supposed to resemble a stretched out finger? In that case it's not very clear. Yes, I warned you it was a nitpick lol..

The rope is an unused graphic from MM6, yes? And the treasure chest looks like a bigger version of the one used in the HoMM 2 adventure map. I take it that new adventurer (? can't remember the exact name) class will use those items...

As always, I love the crispness and attention to detail in these screenshots. It speaks volumes of the dedication to this project and fills me with hope. Please, carry on!

Vector, I've sent you a PM.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Jun 2010, 21:18

BMJedi wrote:Instead of "MMX", it could be "MM:(the Subtitle)" - Uebermod for the MM Community"
The subtitle is "Children of the Void".

and awesome work! I love the spellbook!

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 22 Jun 2010, 14:00

Macros the Black wrote:I must say, those weapons look superb. The hammer is awesome, I've never seen such a design before, it's very cool. One little nitpick is that the index finger should be shorter than the middle finger, and we should be seeing the back of the finger bent back towards the "grip" of the hammer so to speak. Or is it supposed to resemble a stretched out finger? In that case it's not very clear. Yes, I warned you it was a nitpick lol..

The rope is an unused graphic from MM6, yes? And the treasure chest looks like a bigger version of the one used in the HoMM 2 adventure map. I take it that new adventurer (? can't remember the exact name) class will use those items...

As always, I love the crispness and attention to detail in these screenshots. It speaks volumes of the dedication to this project and fills me with hope. Please, carry on!

Vector, I've sent you a PM.
The rope is an unused graphic from MM6 as you guessed. The treasure chest is from some other M&M source…. I believe 8. We’d like to get use out of all the unused items from previous M&M’s, but that’s not to say all these items will be in MMX. Also, now that you mentioned the whole finger thing, it made me want to change it, so here it is again:

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 22 Jun 2010, 14:57

Looks wonderfull!

Keep on going!

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 22 Jun 2010, 16:49

Thx for the update. MnM X team is doing great job so far as
we can see. I wish you courage for the future and can't wait
to see the next updates. :-D
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 23 Jun 2010, 11:29

Also, now that you mentioned the whole finger thing, it made me want to change it, so here it is again:
You are amazing, you know that Vector? Good job :proud:
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 23 Jun 2010, 14:21

Here are some examples of some new tracks for MMX done by Luring and Coolin. Big thanks to Pirvix for uploading these:

Track 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8nh0tgi8ZU
Track 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0tu5GjO97U
Track 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiK3qDaS1Ws
Macros the Black wrote:
Also, now that you mentioned the whole finger thing, it made me want to change it, so here it is again:
You are amazing, you know that Vector? Good job :proud:

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 23 Jun 2010, 15:39

Vector wrote:Here are some examples of some new tracks for MMX done by Luring and Coolin. Big thanks to Pirvix for uploading these:

Very eerie, I like it :) For some reason it reminds me a lot of the Xeen soundtrack.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 23 Jun 2010, 16:14

Vector wrote:Here are some examples of some new tracks for MMX done by Luring and Coolin. Big thanks to Pirvix for uploading these:

They are great! They have this classic old-school rpg feeling!
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 23 Jun 2010, 20:54

Yea, the music is nice, reminds me of the Wheel of Time.

By the way, what world will MMX be on again? Axeoth?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 23 Jun 2010, 20:56

Yes, most of it will (now) take place on Lodwar, the continent introduced in Heroes IV.

skinothetis1
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby skinothetis1 » 24 Jun 2010, 01:45

I don't get excited very easy but I'm excited!
My only concern is that (by your posts and progress i get all this years), i think, the game has at least 1-2 years more to be complete :(
You have nowhere to run Sheltem. Nore do you!You motherf$#(*@ device!!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 24 Jun 2010, 18:23

Very nice, it will certainly be interesting to revisit all the new countries from HoMM4!

Oh, and about spells, will all of them be the same as in MM7? For one, I'd love to have the Prismatic Light from earlier MMs return (every creature on screen gets affected by a random spell or status ailment), instead of it being a carbon copy of Inferno.
And what about unique species abilities?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 24 Jun 2010, 21:14

Corlagon wrote:Yes, most of it will (now) take place on Lodwar, the continent introduced in Heroes IV.
Good idea :) That won't surprise you, but I always wanted to see more of Axeoth ^^

Bowerbank
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bowerbank » 24 Jun 2010, 22:10

cool, always nice to read progress on this project. Thanks!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 25 Jun 2010, 08:53

So will we still visit Vori? Love the soundtrack so far btw.

Return to “Might and Magic”