RT Game Thread: Rules & Regs

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Mar 2008, 01:36

Kalah wrote:Fortunately, I am game overlord nazi tyrant boss king, and I'll make unilateral decisions on the basis of nothing other than my own personal whim, so I'll keep the RotC open for as long as I can be bothered to. :devious:
Dammit, I hate it when there are loopholes in my loopholes. :D
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Mar 2008, 09:55

Oh, and on a different note: Unless someone takes care of the Caladont game after winterfate stops keeping score, the game ends.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 13 Mar 2008, 10:17

On March, 10th, Muszka wrote:

By the way, winterfate, I slept one night on it, and I think I'll try to do the hosting of Caladont 2.0 from the next round, if you want it so, and if the others agree.

I would agree to Muszka's 'hosting'.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Mar 2008, 10:20

I wouldn't have a problem with that, as long as it gets done.

Oh, and I was thinking of adding a Caladont-like rule to the upcoming RotC, so that at least 2 people have to post before you can post again. That should act as a bit of a break, preventing people from posting so quick that they post "on top of each each other". What does we thinks, eh, precious?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 13 Mar 2008, 14:25

I think it's a good idea. That way the end-product won't just be a random string of words. Personally, I loved the 10 word story :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 13 Mar 2008, 16:07

Kalah wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with that, as long as it gets done.
But firstly winterfate should come and update the score and end the round, I won't mess with others work.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Mar 2008, 16:20

Kalah wrote:What does we thinks, eh, precious?
I was thinking on a game like that table game entitled Scotland Yard. We'd have places to visit to solve a certain mystery (ok, I'm fond and nostalgic about the Mansion of Mystery game, but this one could have any master with a different mystery every a couple week or so :) ). The way I think it should be done, was just settling current's Scotland Yard's table game to the forum, however, we have no dices or table to play over with, then it should have a list with some places and number of replies that it would take you to have your clue, for instance:

Considering that Player's home is next to the Museum, but the docks is far away, then, consider that the player who chose going to the museum will have his answer after 1 reply of all players (1 turn), whilst docks would take 2 turns. But deciding going to certain places first would be the best way to solve mysteries firstly than the other who went to nearer places.

Rules:

- A mystery is written to the players.
- A maximum of 15 days per game or until the mystery is solved.
- A turn ends when everyone replies or after 2 days.
- Each place has a clue, although it's allowed that some places have fake clues or no clues at all. By fake clues I mean those that are not really accurate, but they help finding the right answer nevertheless
- The clues are given through PM to the player by the master.
- The master will settle some numbers with some bonuses as soon as the mystery is written. Players will choose the number 1 up to 20. Bonuses will be told through PM if the player was lucky getting one. They are:
* You've got a car: you can travel twice as fast as the other players. It won't work if your destination is just 1 turn away. (1 car)
* You've got a key: you can lock a place so no one can enter it without a badge. (2 keys)
* You've got a badge: you can unlock places where other players have locked it. (2 badges)
* You've got a testimonial: you'll answer a phone call of an unknown person giving you a hint (once by PM)
- Each detective will apply for an answer and will have the right answer at the end of the game, where winners will be announced. If two there are two or more winners, the first to discover the right answer will be the master.
- Any questions you have, you may not post at the thread, but through PM.
- It's not allowed players to change clues between themselves, although the master cannot guarantee if they will do or not that using PM. :)

And...oh" :shh: You were talking about a rule of tAoC? :drama: Oh, well, that's nice, uh, yep. Nice. :ashamed:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 13 Mar 2008, 16:44

Just a thought though... Primetime Surfing in Europe won't have this problem but sometimes the only time I get a chance to get on the thread for an extended period of time, it's in the evenings on the East Coast and the traffic is a lot lighter. Maybe a two person or five minute rule to appease the lonely surfers in America.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Mar 2008, 17:48

Yeah. Sometimes I pop up here all alone, "there's no one here beside me...my life has all gone...but you got to get friends..." :-D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 15 Mar 2008, 04:16

Caladont has been updated! :-D

I apologize for the long delay and I'd be honored to pass the baton to Muszka. :D
Kalah wrote:Oh, and on a different note: Unless someone takes care of the Caladont game after winterfate stops keeping score, the game ends.
You can't close it! :tongue:

After all, a game opened by the people, can only be closed by the people. ;)
(And anyways, Muszka is going to replace me.)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Mar 2008, 19:45

winterfate wrote:I apologize for the long delay and I'd be honored to pass the baton to Muszka. :D
I'm honored that, I can take it. :) But when you feel so, you can take it back. :)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Mar 2008, 21:38

well done muszka

good rule kalah
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Apr 2008, 21:08

I was thinking of closing one of the current games while the RotC is running. Maybe Caladont..

Game update:

HoMM3 Auction --- running
The Guessing Game --- running
Caladont 2.0 --- running
HangMan #5 --- running
M&M Riddle Game --- running

RPG: Dawn of War --- on hold (last update January 26th)
How Well Do You Know Heroes --- closed
Round Table Championship --- completed
Round Table League --- didn't catch on

Rage of the Carrots --- opening on Campfire 100K anniversary

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Apr 2008, 12:28

Kalah wrote:I was thinking of closing one of the current games while the RotC is running. Maybe Caladont.
Why?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Apr 2008, 12:56

Partly because there's a bit of a 5-game-limit, but mostly because RotC is likely to take the wind out of the sails of anything else out there.. I suppose I could close down the guessing game temporarily; it'd give me less to do... :)

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 16 Apr 2008, 14:08

Why not close the Riddle Game? Hasn't it been over a month since anyone posted in it?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Apr 2008, 18:48

Weeell... the M&M Riddle game is kind of half-way out of the Campfire; it's a mixture between on- and off-topic. :libra:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 16 Apr 2008, 20:11

Kalah wrote:Weeell... the M&M Riddle game is kind of half-way out of the Campfire; it's a mixture between on- and off-topic. :libra:
See? :) that's a good reason, not to close Caladont, but M&M instead. Anyhow, I don't see why is this limiting, since the activity is so low lately, that one game in plus or minus doesn't count much.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 01 May 2008, 16:05

*500 Campfire posts remaining to RotC initiation*

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 04 May 2008, 23:30

Kalah wrote:*500 Campfire posts remaining to RotC initiation*
Can thit be counted as spam? :tongue:

Return to “Campfire”