HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Capt_Tripps
Peasant
Peasant

HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE

Unread postby Capt_Tripps » 25 Oct 2007, 00:55

I've managed to get the campaigns from Heroes 5 and Hammers of Fate to work as Custom Campaigns in Tribes of the East.

It was mostly just renaming some of the campaign files and editing some of the paths in the campaign.xdb file. I used the extracted campaign map files from H5 and HoF that were posted earlier. I didn't change them at all. Initially the maps would not function properly because alot of the scripts were missing. I fixed that by copying the data and data1 files into the TotE data folder with slightly altered names to avoid overwriting the TotE pak files (I added a v before the H5 names and va before the HoF files (ex. p0_vadata.pak).

I've run through the first two Haven campaign maps and the intros to most of the campaigns. I've only seen one small glitch in an animation at the begining of the H5 Mage campaign. The Archmage reverts to a default pose (arms strethced out and scroll hovering in the air next to him) when he corrects himself saying "First of ... Zehir". It only lasts for a little bit. All the other animations and maps I've looked at seem to be working fine (cutscenes, objectives . . .).

There are a couple of issues that I'm not sure about. The campaings aren't ordered (disabled until the previous campaign is finished), and I'm not sure if that's even possible with custom campaigns. I'm also not sure about heroes carrying over between different campaigns.

I'm sure that there's a lot of redundancy in the data files and I would like to able to strip it down to just one pak file with the required files, but I haven't tried messing with that yet. adding the p5 and p6 paks from the datals files freaked TotE out, so I left them (the datals files) out. The p6-data file is the specific file that caused trouble.

Here are the campaign files. (put these in your TotE User Campaigns folder)

http://home.sw.rr.com/lpowers1/misc/HVC1-6.h5c
http://home.sw.rr.com/lpowers1/misc/HVC7-9.h5c

The HV and HoF maps can be downloaded here (put these in your TotE Maps folder)

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... maps.shtml

Don't forget to copy the pak files from the data and data1 HoMMV directories into your TotE data folder (change the names a bit to avoid overwriting your TotE data files).

Standard Disclaimer: Bla, bla, bla, . . . it's not my fault. If you're not sure, ask for help or don't do it.

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 25 Oct 2007, 07:25

Didn't you write the same post a few days ago, or am I just making that up? :|

But anyway, coolness

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 25 Oct 2007, 08:50

He did.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 25 Oct 2007, 10:16

too much hassle for an overage joe like me... waiting for a simplier intallation method.

as sidenote....anyone tried to run the H5 and HOF scenarios with TotE? Most cutscenes are missing and I fear that some key scripts too...
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 25 Oct 2007, 14:16

interesting thanks
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Capt_Tripps
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Capt_Tripps » 25 Oct 2007, 21:32

Yeah, I posted in the Mapmaking Guild forum not too long ago. I figured I would post it here so that non-editor types could try it. I also added the link to the map files. I considered trimming the data folders down and making a custom pak file for just the campaigns, but after browsing through the directories I decided against it. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it looks like more work than I'm wanting to put into it. It's definitely nice running through the H5 campaigns with caravans and a wait button.
as side-note....anyone tried to run the H5 and HOF scenarios with TotE? Most cut-scenes are missing and I fear that some key scripts too...
The same thing happened with the Campaign maps until I added the data files from H5 and HoF into the TotE data folder. It might work.

Dacarnix_
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dacarnix_ » 07 Nov 2007, 20:26

Romanov77 wrote:too much hassle for an overage joe like me... waiting for a simplier intallation method.
I wouldn't mind running through some of the old campaigns again with all the new features, but I agree that this installation method sounds a bit on the complicated side.

Khaelo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Khaelo » 12 Nov 2007, 20:01

Please note that this method requires access to the original H5 and HoF games. If you only own Tribes, you won't have H5's data and HoF's data1 to copy.

The single scenarios and multiplayer maps do work. I'm playing "Maahir's Gambit" and haven't encountered any glitches yet .

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 13 Nov 2007, 07:20

Just to let you know, Sfidanza is working on a total conversion of the old campaigns, just like he did with the old scenarios.

ArchangelGabriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ArchangelGabriel » 13 Nov 2007, 11:52

I found those Scenario maps made by Sfidanza but where do I have to put them to play them?

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 14 Nov 2007, 07:24

ArchangelGabriel wrote:I found those Scenario maps made by Sfidanza but where do I have to put them to play them?
The "Maps" folder in your TotE directory.

Snowrider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snowrider » 14 Nov 2007, 09:28

I am playing the old campaigns after putting them in TotE user campagns as Capt_Tripps explained. C2M2 script does not work though, you run to the top of the map, fight the knight hero, then the inferno hero and get no update.

Any ideas?

evilp
Boy Scout
Boy Scout

Unread postby evilp » 14 Nov 2007, 14:51

Here is original campaign and hof campaign for toe with cutsence...27.79MB

http://www.heroworld.net/heroes5site/do ... or_toe.rar

also extract to "gamedir/UserCampaigns"
then "Single Player --> Campaign"
if you want to play toe campaign , must remove it
cutsence has some bug...some action was wrong or strange

Last edited by evilp on 14 Nov 2007, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Nov 2007, 15:05

Nice!

Snowrider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snowrider » 14 Nov 2007, 18:28

Thanks for the file. Its very kool.

When i try to open the H5C file with the editor i get an error message... file is not in the map folder. What is the problem?

Snowrider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snowrider » 15 Nov 2007, 14:35

Sorry for the noob question. Looking in the map guild found all the info i needed.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Nov 2007, 13:55

evilp wrote:Here is original campaign and hof campaign for toe with cutsence...27.79MB

also extract to "gamedir/UserCampaigns"
then "Single Player --> Campaign"
if you want to play toe campaign , must remove it
cutsence has some bug...some action was wrong or strange
This is great, but a question for clarification, you have to unistall this or reload Tribes, if you wish to play the Tribes campaign? :|

I can understand not wanting newbies to play the original campaigns for free, well actually I can't. Correct me if I'm wrong but when 3DO sold SOD wheren't all of the H-III campaigns playable, so if UBI really wants newbies to buy this wouldn't it have been smart to allow Tribes to play all of the H-V campaigns or is UBI and smart not compatible terms? ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 21 Nov 2007, 14:07

I don't know about EvilP but I know that Sfidanza checked with Ubisoft to make sure it was ok for him to release the original campaigns for ToE.

For the first question, yes you would have to remove the campaign file from the folder to play the tribes campaigns afterwards.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Nov 2007, 14:13

PhoenixReborn wrote:I don't know about EvilP but I know that Sfidanza checked with Ubisoft to make sure it was ok for him to release the original campaigns for ToE.

For the first question, yes you would have to remove the campaign file from the folder to play the tribes campaigns afterwards.
Thanks for the answer, though I am still confused as to why UBI just didn't do it themself. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 21 Nov 2007, 14:17

I agree with you on this one Jeff, it would have been easier if Ubisoft did it...

Can't let a good quote go to waste:
Angelspit wrote: I'm not sure promoting the fact that a manual was outsourced to paying customers would have improved the review score in any way. :D
It's outsourcing free labor :hoo:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”