Patch 2.1/1.5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
aulfgar
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 2.1/1.5

Unread postby aulfgar » 03 Jan 2007, 23:14

So with the large amount of time since they released the Expansion and the buglist/fixes that state that the newer patch fixes the issue... um where is the new patch?

I would be happy knowing when they will release the patch.

:)

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 03 Jan 2007, 23:17

Any day now! :) Sir Charles said the patch was 99.9% ready just before new year! I have a good feeling about this!
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

aulfgar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby aulfgar » 03 Jan 2007, 23:30

Can we hope against hope for a better AI algorithem?

Woot new patch soon!!!
:-D

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

New Year's Wish

Unread postby Blueman » 04 Jan 2007, 18:12

Actually, two wishes:
I hope they will include a "Do not show minimap" checkbox in the RMG screen. I do not want to see the minimap for the generated map; the MP games I play should come as a total surprize.
I mostly use RMG for MP games; what the RMG lacks is the capability of generating the town information ONLY when a map is started. Knowing the available alignments gives the player that chooses first an (almost) unfair advantage. There should be an additional option when the town type is set to random: "Each time the map is started".

Maybe it's not that difficult to implement... and someone reads this post.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Jan 2007, 19:19

You know what I'd like not to show? That huge progression bar when the other color(s) are taking their turn. I know that they are taking their turns, I don't have to see a huge progression bar to tell me so.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 04 Jan 2007, 21:39

HodgePodge wrote:You know what I'd like not to show? That huge progression bar when the other color(s) are taking their turn. I know that they are taking their turns, I don't have to see a huge progression bar to tell me so.
The same is in H4. True, it is smaller, but it is still the same.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 04 Jan 2007, 23:57

I think the bar is a good idea IF the progression through the bar occurs linearly .... I hate when it gets stuck for 1-20 minutes :)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Jan 2007, 00:01

Alamar wrote:I think the bar is a good idea IF the progression through the bar occurs linearly .... I hate when it gets stuck for 1-20 minutes :)
I don't mind the progression bar being there, it just should be smaller so as not to hide the adventure map's "beautiful artwork" while waiting for your turn. ;)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 05 Jan 2007, 00:15

HodgePodge wrote:
Alamar wrote:I think the bar is a good idea IF the progression through the bar occurs linearly .... I hate when it gets stuck for 1-20 minutes :)
I don't mind the progression bar being there, it just should be smaller so as not to hide the adventure map's "beautiful artwork" while waiting for your turn. ;)
It's been a LONG time since I've played but under the latest patch doesn't the screen "black out" on the AI turns anyway so the size of the bar shouldn't matter.

[Or am I thinking of the wrong game / patch?????]

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 05 Jan 2007, 01:27

Alamar wrote:
It's been a LONG time since I've played but under the latest patch doesn't the screen "black out" on the AI turns anyway so the size of the bar shouldn't matter.

[Or am I thinking of the wrong game / patch?????]
It blacks out only in HotSeat, when there are many human players.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Jan 2007, 18:51

The screen blacks out but the progress bar is still there, it's the only thing that shows.

With the title of the thread I thought that the patches had been released.

Zwierz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zwierz » 05 Jan 2007, 23:24

Some hints on what the patch will fix/add would be awesome. :|

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 Jan 2007, 03:16

Well its suppose to include the campaign function for the map editor. :D Now if they will also make the editor so some of us older folks can use it. :sad:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 06 Jan 2007, 08:30

First: where can i download the 1.5 patch?
Second: in patch 2.1 there will be a map editor? Good news! :D
Black Dragon...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 06 Jan 2007, 10:10

The map editor is in patch 1.3.

Both 2.1 and 1.5 are not available yet.

2.1 will be out prior to 1.5; there'll be a 1.41 patch specifically for MP prior to 1.5 as well.

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

one huge bug!!! I think

Unread postby dark raider » 06 Jan 2007, 15:41

One Thing that I hope they will work on fixing for the next patch is the AI playing time... When ever you use the RMG or your own created maps it works fine ine the start but when your are playing for a while it really takes the AI 5-10 minutes to take its turn :devious: ... and NO it is not my computer...i have a dual core processor and 2gb ram... så it is the game Ai that really takes its time.....I HATE TO WAIT A Fu**** "millenium" to get my turn back.. :disagree:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Jan 2007, 16:32

dark raider I agree that it is a problem. But I don't think they can fix it. If they could fix it they would have done by now.

Arogance1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arogance1 » 06 Jan 2007, 17:02

Will the patch fix the problem with not being able to choose the starting faction in the Random Map Generator?

I have the Silver Edition which came with HOMM5 and expansion pack and is Version 2.0

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Jan 2007, 17:05

PhoenixReborn wrote:If they could fix it they would have done by now.
LOL! I'm sure there are quite a few they can fix.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

aulfgar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby aulfgar » 06 Jan 2007, 17:32

PhoenixReborn wrote:dark raider I agree that it is a problem. But I don't think they can fix it. If they could fix it they would have done by now.
There are many things that can't be fixed by a patch, such as shoddy programming that makes the program take up about 2 times the space it needs to. However AI is something that can be fixed by the patch as is shown from 1.3 to 2.0 or 1.4 as they modified the AI to cheat more and to aggressively enter your area to bother you but never attack your castle...

I sincerely hope the reason it is taking so long for this patch is due to them making an AI algorithem that actually plays the same game as us and doesn't flagrently cheat all the time.

Now for the last bit the 99.99% done before the new year must be like a windows installer because the last .01% takes longer than the rest of the install. ;|

Return to “Heroes V-VI”