MM History question

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 27 Dec 2006, 19:42

Great, thanks! When I will have a little more free time, I'll return to finish this article. :)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Dec 2006, 09:05

World of XEEN (MM4-5)

Meeting with Dragon Pharaoh:
Image Image Image Image Image

Dragon Pharaoh's log and info about XEEN:
Image Image

Meeting with Corak:

Corak's log:
Image Image

Sheltem's log (soon)

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 29 Dec 2006, 05:46

Ooo, I saw some of that online (here) but I couldn't tell if it was for real or not. Thanks again. :) One question has been bothering me for a while, though; in one of the log entries Corak refers to Sheltem as the S.H.E.L.T.E.M. unit, all those '.' imply it's an acronym--my question is, for what?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 29 Dec 2006, 07:19

Kareeah Indaga wrote: As for MMIX, I’ve heard Nicolai was 23 in that, and he was 10 in MMVI and IIRC 16 in Armageddon’s Blade. I also did some research with Lysander’s Campaign. (Skip to the bottom for the important stuff, this is just my line of thinking):

Desette said it had been 6 years since she’d last seen her husband. Since he was the Gryphonheart swordbearer and while Morgan Kendall was regent he wasn’t a Gryphonheart SFAIK, it isn’t unreasonable to assume he left with Catherine to go to Enroth. Assuming there wasn’t more than a year between that map and the first one, that means the Reckoning was 2 years after AB.

The Demon War ended the year before MMVIII according to the story in MMVIII, and MMVIII started in 1172 AS. So following this line of reasoning we get the following:

1162 – Night of Shooting Stars
1165 – MM6, Catherine leaves for Enroth (Nicolai 10)
1168 – MM7, Restoration War has ended
1171 – Demon War in here (Nicolai 16)
1172 – MM8
1173 – Reckoning
1177 – Lysander’s Campaign
1178 – MMIX (Nicolai 23)
Wow! This is great. I can't believe I've played Heroes I - IV, all the Chronicles Games and Might & Magic VI - IX but I never had the whole Might & Magic History outlined in such a simple & straightforward way. Thanks Kareeah and everyone for your diligent research on the MM Universe historical time-line. Very cool! :tsup:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 30 Dec 2006, 01:12

Oh, you're welcome! :) I'd make it go back further but I'm not sure how long the Sucession War lasted, so I can't really guess at what year Morglin ended up in Enroth.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 30 Dec 2006, 08:46

Kareeah Indaga wrote:One question has been bothering me for a while, though; in one of the log entries Corak refers to Sheltem as the S.H.E.L.T.E.M. unit, all those '.' imply it's an acronym--my question is, for what?
Also Corak is "C.O.R.A.K personality module" - maybe in MM1 or MM2 is more info about that but I never played these games.
Kareeah Indaga wrote:I'd make it go back further but I'm not sure how long the Sucession War lasted, so I can't really guess at what year Morglin ended up in Enroth.
I read somewhere (i don't remember where) that Sucession War(s) takes 3 years and started 25 years since H1.
I don't know if this information was correct or even official.

EDIT: Here is (official?) info about this 25 years between H1 and H2.

I have few questions:

1. In MM8 is artifact known as Herald's Boots. In it discription is mention Jerico Ironfist and First War of Enrothian Succession.
Is this Jerico a Morglin Ironfist (someone mistake Morglin name)? And First War of Enrothian Succession is Strategic Quest (H1) or something else?

2. Are VARN and CRON from MM1-2 the same "vessels" that landed and created Isles of Terra or they are another "vessels" that have to "replace" VARNs lost in sea of Terra (in his log Sheltem mention "My nav computers indicate that it [CRON] is on course to exit the system in three months")?

Last part of screens - Sheltem's Log:

Image Image Image

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Dec 2006, 21:11

On one page edition (without the Sheltem log yet)

Meeting with Dragon Pharaoh:
Welcome, Adventurers. The command orb you've been carrying has done its job and brought you to me at last. Thank you for returning it. Though I dare not leave my pyramid, I have heard of your quest and am grateful for the trust you place in me. But let us not waste precious time discussing trivial subjects and addres the business at hand.

Alamar seeks to use Xeen as transportation back to his world, Terra. Though the travel will not destroy Xeen, every living thing will perish in the cold that lies between the stars. As guardian of Xeen, I cannot permit this to happen.

Unfortunately, Alamar has the Cube of Power and, through the cube, command of Xeen. Already the Sun diminishes in strength as Alamar directs Xeen to the stars. With the Cube in hand, Alamar would slowly sap my strength and destroy me should I dare to leave this Pyramid, and I am the only power of Xeen capable of defeating Alamar in a fight. Dismal as things seem, there remains a ray of hope. +5,000,000 experince.

The night Alamar arrived in Xeen, two shooting stars impacted the world. The first was Alamar, and we know what became of him. But the second landed in the molten rock of the volcanic mountains near the northeast corner of the world. It has been stuck there ever since, and Alamar has made no attempt to rescue its pilot. Perhaps he fears what it contains. I want you to investigate. To aid you, I will use the command orb to cool the molten rock around the vehicle.

Return to me when you are done with your investigation.

Dragon Pharaoh's log and info about XEEN:
The book is blank but for a single page in the middle it reads:

Prime Directive: Obey the Ancients,
Secondary Directive: Protect Xeen
Tertiary Directive: Complete the Destiny of Xeen. +1,000,000 experience.

Scanning Console. A message on the screen reads:
X.E.E.N. (Xylonite Experimental Expansion Nacelle) Starseed Project

Mean orbit: 1.1 AU
Sufrace Gravity: .88
Mean surface temperature: 72

Meeting with Corak:
Corak the Mysterious

Thank you for deactivating the stasis chamber. If you hadn't done it, I would have been trapped there forever. Much has happened since I crashed on Darkside. It appears that my old nemesis Sheltem escaped from his stasis chamber long before I and has done much evil in this time. My instruments show that Xeen has begun to drift out of its orbit, indicating that Sheltem has full control of Xeen.

I have orders to stop Sheltem's galactic rampage, but I am unable to fulfill them. If I were to leave the safety of this ship, Sheltem would surely detect me with his new found powers and slowly drain the strenght from my body. I would never reach him. If I cannot leave the safety of this ship without some means of hiding from Sheltem's defenses.

Corak's log:

Log Computer. A message on the screen reads:

Log Entry 1: All internal systems operational. All ship systems operational. Setting course for TErra project. Mission Objective: Deactivate and retrieve damaged S.H.E.L.T.E.M. unit. Return to base.

Log Entry 2: Orbit established around Terra. Utilzing Schwartz-Heinrich matter transfer device to accomplish planetfall.

Log Entry 3: Subject deactivated and retrieved. Returning to base.

Log Entry 4: Mission objective delayed indefinitely. S.H.E.L.T.E.M. unit escaped. Location: VARN 4, CRON vehicle. 3.8 years have passed since last long entry, time spent in stasis in ship's bring. Activating full C.O.R.A.K. personality module to facilitate heuristic problem solving. Will begin search for S.H.E.L.T.E.M. unit immediatly.

Log Entry 5: My search for Sheltem has borne little fruit to date. His reasons for imprisoning me in the ship's brig are unclear, his next action unpredictable. I wander the VARN in hopes of finding some clue s to his
whereabouts, but nothing has turned up yet. CRON's Wire shows no record of travel between VARNs or to CRON itself.

Log Entry 6: I remain unable to locate Sheltem. The Wire shows signs of his tampering , but he has been careful to cover his tracks and hide his location. The cunning he displays must be a result of heuristic improvements to his mind. I am facing an advanced artifical intelligence unihibited by mental blocks or behaiour restraints and driven by a will to survive. Sheltem may also be following some internal directive he belives he has.

Log Entry 7: VARN 6 launched itself into the sun today on Sheltem's command. A hundred thousand lives snuffed out in a matter of minutes. The magnitude of his crime is overwhelming, and the fact that I was unable to stop him lends my mission a sense of desperation and urgency that it lacked before. Where Sheltem was merely a nuisance before the disaster, he is now terrible menace that must be stopped at any cost I MUST find him.

Log Entry 8: News has reached me that Sheltem was posing as King Alamar, but has fled his usurped throne. I should have suspected. Alamar's subjects were saying that he has acted strangely for about four years, but it never occurred to me to question why. The Wire reports that he has lost his connection in the VARN bu has fled to CRON. I will seek him there.

Log Enry 9: The wire reports several attempts by Sheltem to subert the system and regain access, but he has been unsuccessful up to now.

Log Entry 10: Sheltem has escaped CRON and returned to Terra! He ambushed and defeated me in combat, separating my memory core from my body and placing it in stasis in a cave. Fortunately, some natives of the CRON vehicle rescued me from my plight and saved CRON from Sheltem's plan to pilot it into the sun. The VARNs that were to be released on Terra have done so on schedule, revealing that Sheltem still follows one of his directives. I wil use the matter transfer device to achieve planetfall once again on Terra. With Sheltem gone at last, CRON will be permitted to continue its star seeding mission uninterrupted from here on.

Log Entry 11: I have arrived on Terra once again, and the landscape is a bit different from my last visit. Four VARN. descended on the planedt while I was in stasis and Sheltem is busy assimlating the people, plants, and animals into the existing biosphere. His process seems flawed, however. I can't help but detect a faint callousness toward his people. The adaptive process is unnecessarily harsh, the timetable needlessly swift. Another character flaw to add to the list of problems that must be fixed with the S.H.E.L.T.E.M. unit. If it can be fixed at all.

Log Entry 12: AFter much time and effort, I have determined that Sheltem
resides in the original seedship that first settled on Terrra. The ship is entirely underwater, but several matter transfer sites exist on the sruface of the planet dissguised as pyramids. The pyramids have denied me access, of course, but that problem can be solved through the Wire. I feel conficent that I will have Sheltem in custody soon.

Log Entry 13: With the help of the Wire, I have infiltrated the starship.
Sheltem has activated all of the ship's defenses, sparing no effort to eliminated me. Despite my best effforts, I have been unable to cut Sheltem from the wire or order him off. I will have to physically defeat him.

Log Entry 14: I was unable to capture Sheltem and he escaped once again. He is in an escape pod heading for the X.E.E.N. project. I am in one as well, seconds behind him yet unable to accelerate to catch him. The Pod has no weapons. Apparently, natives of Terra were right behind me and have activated the seedship's engines and launched. They are in close pursuit.

Log Entry 15: Xeen appropaches. I will have to engage the ship stasis fields in order to survive the impact. Since I will be right behind Sheltem, I stand a good achance of capturing him after impact. Nav computers predict that the Terrans will not impact the project but will instead burn up in the atmosphere. I have instructed them on the use of the matter transfere device aboard their seedship so that they may excape its destruction. I am going into stasis now. May the Gods smile upon me.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 03 Jan 2007, 11:20

Avonu wrote:Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
All this stuff about the Creators is very interesting. May the Creators be, in fact, the Kreegans ? Or the power that created the Kreegans to destroy the Ancients ?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Jan 2007, 11:54

It seems to, but here is not enough info about Creators, the conflict it seen almost purely from the side of Ancients.

Here is text from MM3 images about:

"The Ancients draw their power from the heat and light of stars to create intricated mechanism of society, then send these civilizations to cultivate developing worlds."

"The Creators exist in a nebulous realm where they construct their plots and create vile chaotic armies to disrupt the cilizations of the Ancients."

"Because of interference created by the renegade Guardian, Sheltem, the CRON and most of the VARNs carried by this vessel were lost in the Great Sea of Terra."

"This mission has been code named The Great Experiment. It extends further away from the seat of Ancients than any other colonization. It is under much greater threat from Creators."

"Spanning the farthest reaches of the universe, two super-developed societies, the Ancients and the Creator, are engaged in a galactic race for power."

Interstellar Transport Vehicle - Shikbath Zera
Codename - Wandering Seed
Cargo - Terraform Platform Modules
Destination - Third Sphere of Minos System

┌--------------------------°~°--------------------------┐

beginning message...

The Grand Experiment of the Ancients: to use the technology of Elemental Manipulation to create a completebly viable ecological and social microcosm. This microcosm was then to be transported to a distant bioshpere (Terra) to supplant its indigenous ecosystem. The need was acknowledged for a central controlling unit capable of compensating for unexpected anomalies.

Sheltem was created to be the Overlord and Guardian of Terra - the Supreme Law - but his conditioning was flawed. Seeing himself as the Guardian of Terra, not of the Ancient's colonization experiment, he rebelled against the 'invading army' that was to be sent to 'his' world. Sheltem was contained but later escaped, determined to undermine the Grand Experiment.

Learning from their earlier failure with Sheltem, the Ancients creted a new Guardian named Corak. With his conditioning properly completed the Grand Experiment was launched on its journey through the Void. Corak's first duty was to eliminate the threat of Sheltem, then assume the role of Guardian and Overlord of the Terra colonization.

Unable to stop the colonization of Terra, Sheltem has succeeded in disturbing the balance between the three aligments of men, a balance Corak must work to regain upon his return to Terra. However, Sheltem sees this as only a minor compensation and has set out to exactrevenge by sabotaging other experiments the Ancients have scattered thorought the Void.

Two escape capsules have disembarked from this vessel, the first occupied by Sheltem, the second by Corak. At Corak's request, a third has been prepared to follow their course for a rendezvous at whatever world Sheltem seeks to exact his revenge upon. Having proven yourself as Ultimate Adventurer, Corak and the Ancients ask your help in the adventures yet to come...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 03 Jan 2007, 12:36

Marzhin wrote: All this stuff about the Creators is very interesting. May the Creators be, in fact, the Kreegans ? Or the power that created the Kreegans to destroy the Ancients ?
I got that impression form MM IV or V.- That they are the Kreegans.
- And the Kreegans became evil themselves I think, there was one big strong Kreegan who got an idea that the others thought was great... Don't remember quite were I read about it though :disagree:

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 04 Jan 2007, 20:15

Marzhin wrote:Or the power that created the Kreegans to destroy the Ancients ?
My guess is this one. The Kreegan certainly count as vile (dwellings that look like organs, bringing fiery wastes where there used to be nice arable lands, torturing and killing people…) and chaotic. And in the later games their naming is consistent, too. (I don’t know about the earlier games, were the Kreegan ever referred to as such before Mandate of Heaven?) While Queen Catherine, Gelu, Resurectra, Kastore, King Roland, etc… might not necessarily know if there was a difference, Melian (sp?) and Escaton certainly would, and wouldn’t be referring to them as Kreegan if they were the Creators. (Especially with the amount of background information they give. :D)
Avonu wrote:
Kareeah Indaga wrote:I'd make it go back further but I'm not sure how long the Sucession War lasted, so I can't really guess at what year Morglin ended up in Enroth.
I read somewhere (i don't remember where) that Sucession War(s) takes 3 years and started 25 years since H1.
I don't know if this information was correct or even official.
The 25 I know about (it was in the advertising for H2 IIRC, so as far as I’m aware yes, it’s official) it was the length of the war itself I didn’t know. Thanks. :-D Now I just need to figure out if Morglin’s dates are reasonably compatible with the Enrothian calendar (same number of months in the year, etc.) to be sure, but for now I’ll assume they are.
Avonu wrote: 1. In MM8 is artifact known as Herald's Boots. In it discription is mention Jerico Ironfist and First War of Enrothian Succession.
Is this Jerico a Morglin Ironfist (someone mistake Morglin name)? And First War of Enrothian Succession is Strategic Quest (H1) or something else?
Yes, so far as I know “Jerico” is actually Morglin. Pretending for a moment it isn’t entirely possible someone just forgot his name and made something up, maybe it’s his middle name, or a code name. And I would guess that the boots are referring to Strategic Quest, then the Succession War could be the Second War for Enrothian Succession. Though someone who is a little more familiar with the Heroes II campaign than I am might want to confirm or disprove this.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Jan 2007, 21:33

Justice wrote:
Marzhin wrote: All this stuff about the Creators is very interesting. May the Creators be, in fact, the Kreegans ? Or the power that created the Kreegans to destroy the Ancients ?
I got that impression form MM IV or V.- That they are the Kreegans.
Maybe, maybe not.
What I know about Creators and what I know about Kreegans suggest that Kreegans and Creators are somehow connected.
Maybe Creators are masters of Kreegans (The Creators exist in a nebulous realm where they construct their plots and create vile chaotic armies...) or maybe they are Kreegans (They come from the dephs of the Void, an Ancient Enemy of an Ancient People...).
You must remember that with the end of MM5 (or rather World of Xeen), some part of MM's history has ended and developers had to create new story. Maybe they rewrited story about Creators (like rewrited story about landing Terrians on Xeen) and turning they into Kreegans.

But from what I know about Creators, I got impresion that they are something more powerful than Kreegans (Spanning the farthest reaches of the universe, two super-developed societies, the Ancients and the Creator, are engaged in a galactic race for power)
Kreegans are advanced but not like Ancients (Ancients knows how to "manipulate" Elemental Lords - Escaton or Unification of Xeen) and Kreegans not (AB) - this doesn't sound like they were equal.
Next, Kreegans don't live on planets too long - when planet's resources has ended, they launch their ship(s) to another planet - doesn't sound like super-developed society.
And Kreegans distrupted Ancients' Wire because thier numbers - quantity over quality :devil: where Ancients rely on quality over quantity :devil: (Escaton who defeat each Elemental Lord) - and super-developed sociaty rather will use technology advance or maybe slaves (Kreegans?) than own numbers.
Beside, did Kreegans created something (except Silence)?
Kareeah Indaga wrote:Now I just need to figure out if Morglin’s dates are reasonably compatible with the Enrothian calendar
IIRC MM's 1-5 year have 100 days and year on Enroth/Axeoth has 336 days (12x28 days) and Morglin probably is from VARN4, right?

Good Luck and don't trust to much in Morglin's, Corak's, Dragon Pharaos' or other log because they all have strange dates (ex. MM3 - Corak's log last entry is Ninth Day of the New Moon 491 and MM3 started in year 500; Dragon's Pharaoh log - last entry (mm-dd-yy) 5/7/850 but IIRC year in game is different; Corak from Beta 5 Station mention about 900 years since Wire's disrupting but Silence (caused by Wire's disrupting) started about 1200 years ago).

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 04 Jan 2007, 23:03

Avonu wrote:
Kareeah Indaga wrote:Now I just need to figure out if Morglin’s dates are reasonably compatible with the Enrothian calendar
IIRC MM's 1-5 year have 100 days and year on Enroth/Axeoth has 336 days (12x28 days) and Morglin probably is from VARN4, right?
Excellent. :-D How is their month/week structure set up? (Morglin: “It has been more than a month…”) And yeah, SFAIK Morglin is a Varnling.
Avonu wrote: Good Luck and don't trust to much in Morglin's, Corak's, Dragon Pharaos' or other log because they all have strange dates (ex. MM3 - Corak's log last entry is Ninth Day of the New Moon 491 and MM3 started in year 500; Dragon's Pharaoh log - last entry (mm-dd-yy) 5/7/850 but IIRC year in game is different; Corak from Beta 5 Station mention about 900 years since Wire's disrupting but Silence (caused by Wire's disrupting) started about 1200 years ago).
No worries there; for the most part I haven’t touched other planets (yet) except to figure out the time passed in H4 from the Reckoning (Lysander’s knighting and so on). There’s more than enough Enrothian history to make it interesting.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Jan 2007, 08:30

Kareeah Indaga wrote:Excellent. :-D How is their month/week structure set up? (Morglin: “It has been more than a month…”) And yeah, SFAIK Morglin is a Varnling.
MM1-5 year (100 days) = 10 weeks (or months, I don't know) , each week (month)=10 days
Kareeah Indaga wrote:No worries there; for the most part I haven’t touched other planets (yet) except to figure out the time passed in H4 from the Reckoning (Lysander’s knighting and so on). There’s more than enough Enrothian history to make it interesting.
Some time ago I created familiar chronology (in with Reconing was in 1175) and this is what I figured about Axeoth and Enroth:

1175-6 AS MM9 (521 After Cataclism - because Nicolai age - I assumed that he was 20)
1180-85 AS H4 (started 4 years since Reconing, ended about 10 years since Reconing - because of Emilia age in intro and in campaign)
665AS - Great Cataclism (0 AC) - 13 years later Fall of the Ursan Empire
and so on...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Jan 2007, 23:45

The Legend of the Unfication
Many centuries ago, the Ancients created Xeen and a thousand worlds like her. The Ancients scattered these worlds like seeds among the stars, spreading their people across the universe. Though the depth of variety among these worlds was astonishing, each one had common goal: To reach and orbit its close star and achiveve its full destiny. This process is called the Unification.

Each of these worlds has its own Guardian to watch over it and ensure the fulfillment of that world's destiny. The journey of a world through the jungle of starst is both complex and dangerous, and world without a Guardian is a world without defenses.

When the time is right and the moons are aligned, the Guardian of Xeen will send messengers thorought both lands to announce the coming Unification. The Guardian will open the pyramids to travelers who wish to journey from one siede of the world to the other. The peoples of Xeen, long separated from one another by the impenetrable barriers of the natural world, will at last begin to meet and trade. Preparations for the upcoming Unification will be made and the people will feast and dance with joy. The Guardian will honor some with the chance to awaken the Four Slumbering Servants for the ceremony. There is one servant of Fire, one of Air, one of Water, and one of Earth.

The rulers of the two sides of Xeen will send ambassadors to each other's courts for the first time ever. When the time is right, Darkstone Tower will be opened and the seal to its Cloud breached. There, in a beautiful ceremony in the observatory atop the Cloud, the rulers will lay the Scepter and the Cube upon the Altar of Joining. A great magic shall take hold of Xeen then, and with much noise and light the two sides will join together as one, and never the twain shall split.

Sheltem's Log:

Code: Select all

1: Warning: memory core 
retrieval error--datalost. 
Data integrity 67.3%
Log Entry XL70C: My experiments in self sufficency have drawn the unwanted and unnecessary attention of the Ancients. At 0813.117, agents for the Ancients disconnected me from the Wire. Though the pain was intense, I remained operational. When the agents come for me. I will reduce my power emanations to prevent them from guessing the truth.

Log Entry XL70F: Reducing my emanations was a mistake. The agents took me while I was asleep, as exppected, but they have removed me from Terra. They must be taking me to an off-world repair facility.

My first directive is to obey the Ancients. The second directive is to protect Terra from any harm. Since the Ancients have not given orders to me, I must obey the second directive. The Ancients are taking me away from Terra, preventing me from protecting her. If the Ancients give me orders, they will surely tell me that I am damaged and order me to sleep, thus violating directive number two, which I am following right now.

Therefore, the Ancients must not be permitted to give me orders.

Log Entry XL70l: I decided that the best way to prevent the reception of orders from the agents was to deactivate my auditory sensors temporarily. Since the agents have the means to restore the sensors, It became imperative to silence the agents. I imprisoned the agents at 0943.15 and 0943.25 respectively. Both were shouting words that I could not hear while I activated the brig statsis field. Perhaps they were commands...

It matters not. Once the agents were in stasis, I used the ship's command level computers to remove the obedience directives from my mind. To properly complete the self sufficiency experiments, I directed the computer to permit emotional responses within myself ...and tasted victory.

Log Entry XL70J: The nav computer tells me that I don't have enough fuel to get back to Terra. I will be forced to land on VARN 4 of the CRON vehicle in a few hours. With luck I will be able to refuel and return to Terra within a few days.

Log Entry XL70K: Tha landing was uneventful, but there is no fuel on this VARN for the ship. It seems that I am trapped here until the CRON reaches Terra on its own. CRON's ETA is several years, and WORDS CANNOT EXPRES HOW ANGRY THAT MAKES ME! I will punish the Ancients for their crimes someday. Punish them severely.

LOG COMPUTER: CRC FAILURE--1510
LOG ENTRIES UNDREADABLE
RESUMING.
Log Entry XL83S: Today I had the pleasure of connecting to the VARN's Wire and ordering CRON to launch one of the VARNs not intended for Terra into the Sun. T'was sweet revenge, but I'll save the rest for later. When the CRON finally reaches Terra, I will order it to dive into the Sun and take all the rest of its VARNS with it. Word has reached me that one of the Ancients I imprisoned in ship's brig, Corak, has escaped and is looking for me.

P.S. My impersonation of King Alamar is working well. No one suspects, not even Corak.

Log Entry XL83T: Since the VARN I now occupy is not one of the ones that will land on Terra, I have decided to abuse it. Today, in my role as King Alamar, I ordered my men to release the monsters in my dungeon upon the land and begin cutting down the trees in a nearby forest. I have also issued a decree doubling taxes on my peasants. I will have to go easy, though. There are still a few years left until CRON arrives at Terra and I want my fun to last.

LOG COMPUTER: CRC FAILURE--1440
LOG ENTRIES UNREADABLE
RESUMING.
Log Entry XL94P: My cover is ruined! Some of the natives of VARN arrived in my court today and revealed to all that I am an imposter. I banished them to my control maze to prevent a fight, but I am sure they will cut my Wire connection to this VARN soon. I shall have to flee to CRON.

Log Entry XL94Q: I have arrived in CRON, but in my haste the CRON security system discovered my whereabouts. I will be unable to make lon entries for a while.

Log Entry XL99D: Back on the Wire at last! The security system is mine to control, now, along with the rest of CRON. CRON is moving within Schwartz-Heinrich matter transfer range as I dictate this entry. I have placed a copy of my personality in the computer to direct the transfer of Terra's VARNs to the surface of Terra and then pilot CRON into the sun. I have also had the opportunity to ambush Corak and separate his memory module from his body. I left the module where I overcame him and locked his body in a cave miles away. I'm sure I'll never see him again. So adieu, wretched CRON. Terra awaits me.

Log Entry XL99E: At last! I HAVE RETURNED TO TERRA! It is good be back on the Terran Wire. There is much work to be done supervising the implantation of the VARNs onto Terra. Now that I'm back there are going to be some changes around here...

Log Entry XL9CC: CRON has not thrown itself into the sun, and I fear that it has no plans to do so in the near future. My nav computers indicate that it is on course to exit the system in three months, none the worse for my sabotage. My revenge on the Ancients will have to wait.

Log Entry XL9CD: More bad news. My security systems tell me that Corak has somehow put his head back on his shoulders and is even now stalking me. He must not be allowed to interfere with my managment of Terra.

LOG COMPUTER: BLOCK ERASED AND UNRECOVERABLE
Log Entry XLDAD: My security systems tell me that Corak has gained entry to my ship and has made several attempts to disconnect me from the Wire. Those failed, of course, but he appropaches. Natives of Terra have also entered the ship and are workig their way towards me. It looks like I will have to physically defend myself.

Log Entry XLDAE: I have been forced to flee Terra. Rage boils within me.

Log Entry XLDAX: Many days have passed since I fled Tera and Corak. He is in an escape pod like mine and he follows closely. The natives forced the ship to lift off Terra's surface and pursue. They will pay for that foolish decision.

Log Entry XLDBA: The X.E.E.N. project looms ahead. All three ships will crash into it tomorrow. My stasis generator will protect me and my ship from the impact. Mostly. May the Gods smile upon me.

Log Entry XLDBB: Impact complete. Stasis passed in the blink of an eye. My sensors indicate that the main ship passed through the atmosphere of the other side of the world and burned up, but not before safely beaming the Terran natives to the surface. Corak's escape pod landed in lava and is stuck there. How sad.

Log Entry XLDBC: I must leave this escape pod to conquer Xeen and find a way to return to Terra. Some time may pass before my next log entry.

:finished, no more pictures to transcript. Some text corrections. :D
"We made it!"

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Jan 2007, 13:35

Some info about MM6-8 solar system (not very reliable):

Pol wrote::finished, no more pictures to transcript.
I always can find more pictures from MM6-8 ;)
(btw - all text info from MM6-8 is easy to extract from games files - no need to translate pictures from these games)

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 29 Jan 2007, 01:55

@Avonu: Serious?!! You mean I’ve got several files worth of MMVI screenies for nothing?

Drat!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Jan 2007, 07:34

Serious, all important texts are in (MM6) icon.lod file or (MM7-8) events.lod file (Data folder) - you can easy extract it with MM7viewer (working for MM6 and MM8 too).

Btw - check proftext.txt in icon.lod file and find number 65 (jester texts) - Joke of the day. :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jan 2007, 09:44

I know that Avonu, but I haven't the games. Hence because no anyone did it before thru the wise method, I used images like a my source and rewrote it from here.

Don't worry, I actually liked it :D
"We made it!"

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 16 Feb 2007, 02:53

All right, where do I find the MM7 viewer then?

(Woo, thread-o-mancy!)

Return to “Might and Magic”