Formally Biweekly News - 4 Dec 16'

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Formerly Biweekly News - 4 Dec 16'

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 04 Dec 2016, 22:49

The previous weeks were in sign of Black Friday and we are just continue strictly toward the Christmas. This means in general lots of discounts and people getting presents but lower activity from ' mod/game makers'.

VCMI - Mod Design Team

One of majore VCMI features is, that is moddable. The full list of mods in all states of completeness is available here. Recently there were some pretty drafts from Mod Design Team. These were Sirena, Werewolf and Oasis, see the pics below. 

ImageImageImage

Heroes 7 - The Umbramancer Mod

is getting a major feature, that's being Atmos - The Weather System, with simple logic that if there is some weather before the battle, sure it will continue in the battle. Another positive effect is that it will probably shorter time of battles, as effects are intensified with each round. The short table to sum it up is available here.

To my knowledge there's not a public vesion yet, so all of the planned features are demonstrated in youtube videos.

Heroes 7 - Balance Mod

Second and more profound attempt to deliver fan made patch after patch 2.2.1, the balance mod can be found here. This is in russian and english, also you can grab czech translation here.

Ubisoft

There's a silence regarding future of Might&Magic brand. However they expressed their meaning about free content and suprisingly they are all for it. Just for some games, they started it up. The whole article is available at gamesindustry.biz  So next time, we may receive bonus maps and artifacts for free, same for everyone? Time returns on the beginning, new cycle begun. What was normal before, just again is. Marked as a new concept.

We may guess that attempts from Vivendi to hostile takeover of Ubisoft continue, as more and more defensive articles from Ubisoft continue to appear. Basically pointing out that if Vivendi would be in charge, the Ubisoft will become dumbed company. What to say, they are likely right. See this one for example.

Fearsome, we in M&M games don't have such monsters as "PR manager, Chairman or Stockholder", perhaps they should be added to the completely new House of Politics, with town screen of nice French Chateau. Or just as a dwelling, if you win them over! Image

Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Formerly Biweekly News - 4 Dec 16'

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Dec 2016, 19:15

Reading some balances from that mod and got that construct and undead now DON'T suffer poison effects. They did suffer before, then I guess there was just little to tell apart the undead from the living, aside morale...

And the Umbramancer Mod is quite interesting. Although I would think that they might extend to terrain, perhaps to affect more melee interaction, given that ranged units seem only too prejudiced in basically all but one instances.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 05 Dec 2016, 19:42

Please more news about the Heroes 4 HD mod!!!

Demilich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Demilich » 05 Dec 2016, 19:55

Strange, that you haven't mentioned Might & Magic: Showdown new project from Ubisoft in the news)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Dec 2016, 20:01

Is there anything to divulge rather than the appearance of a wall poster in that game demo?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Dec 2016, 08:02

@Demilich
That's because Ubisoft didn't released any information about it. The only two things which were hinted are that Might&Magic: Showdown will be and the year 2019, so not soon.

That give us at lest 2-3 yrs for speculations, what will be the outcome, if..

Furthermore is not clean, if year 2019 is not meant for another game. May be some Watch Dogs 2 & Might&Magic fan can discover this.

Edit1
Fixed link to Antalyan's cz translation of H7 Balanced mod.
Last edited by Pol on 06 Dec 2016, 08:12, edited 2 times in total.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 06 Dec 2016, 10:46

Pol wrote:@Demilich
That's because Ubisoft didn't released any information about it. The only two things which were hinted are that Might&Magic: Showdown will be and the year 2019, so not soon.

That give us at lest 2-3 yrs for speculations, what will be the outcome, if..

Furthermore is not clean, if year 2019 is not meant for another game. May be some Watch Dogs 2 & Might&Magic fan can discover this.
that Showdown poster and the 2019 poster are completely different posters in that game, they have no link between them lol

like mentioned Might and Magic production shut up shop in Ubisoft apart those weird China games which arevbetter than Team Erwin's ones, that game will not exist (and not just because Vivendi take over lol) lol

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 07 Dec 2016, 09:02

ike mentioned Might and Magic production shut up shop in Ubisoft apart those weird China games
Mentioning multiple times without any source doesn't make it any more true though.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 07 Dec 2016, 10:41

Vitirr wrote:Mentioning multiple times without any source doesn't make it any more true though.
no-one is attempting to "make it any more true" (whatever that means) because it is a fact, I will even not be surprised if you know the source yourself lol

you will have it mentioned on a rumour basis by me who knows it is true, find out that it is true later on and in the meantime can take it or leave it if you wish lol

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Dec 2016, 16:01

Officially it wasn't mentioned anywhere, so Ubisoft is leaving us in doubts. Saying neither that it will continue with M&M franchise, having a break or stop it all together. General uncertainty is the key word. Although, the M&M Team may perhaps respond to Kalah's question. Or not. - Especially if it's non-existent. - That all is advantage of doubts. :D

Myself I would incline to idea that they stopped but don't wish to announce it, until it will be clear. And that may be years. Corporation approval process, you know..^
Last edited by Pol on 07 Dec 2016, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 07 Dec 2016, 17:21

Romanov77, I think we'll have to wait for the Equilibris team to post some news on that matter, before it can be shared. I guess you could post in the HD mod tread and request it or ask how it's progressing.

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 07 Dec 2016, 19:27

It is just you insisting so hard on this "fact" without mentioning any source (most of the time not event mentioning you have some inside information somehow) that makes it look completely made up. But well, I guess that's your style (that and the lols).

About me I don't know the source, or I know it but didn't leak anything in my direction. I'm as completely in the dark as the next guy since the VIP forums were shutdown. Not that there is much left to be informed about though.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 07 Dec 2016, 22:14

Vitirr wrote:It is just you insisting so hard on this "fact" without mentioning any source (most of the time not event mentioning you have some inside information somehow) that makes it look completely made up. But well, I guess that's your style (that and the lols).

About me I don't know the source, or I know it but didn't leak anything in my direction. I'm as completely in the dark as the next guy since the VIP forums were shutdown. Not that there is much left to be informed about though.
yeah am pretty self aware it will look completely made up until it is proven later, I would be sceptical if I was given only unsourced claim too, equally obvious however one cannot reveal a reliable source for piece of sensitive information lol

point is not "insisting hard" or to care whether anyone believes it but simply to state fact where Ubisoft will not for people to take or leave, I appreciate you were curious enough to get an official source but can't give you that sorry because it won't be officially announced lol

if you are sceptical but invested to believe it your best bet I say is to wonder if I have a history of reporting falsified random news about Team Erwin for a laugh, (I will say many cynical things about Team Erwin through the years but you can tell me where I ever wilfully invented any cryptic garbage, actually reported few things before they got announced last months),
also can look around at the other obvious evidence to see if it is plausible, observe if sources considered reliable are tacit confirming or being very careful to not deny what I say (I could point you to at least one example of each), or even ask the former Team Erwin yourself and might get lucky though I doubt they will answer lol

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 19 Jan 2017, 17:22

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/might-an ... 0-6436594/

Well seems like someone will have to review his informants and check the actual "facts" :p (or should I say "lol"?)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Jan 2017, 19:49

Unimpressed. It looks like a Photoshop filter painting game. Something that feels like could be a bonus seems to one of the main features ... which brings back the idea of over-detailing and over-designing units which will be moving and you won't really pay attention to them at all. Not to mention the gambit programming system, in which you sort of gamble strategies and will be, possibly, victim of exploits for a while, until it gets balanced (or not, if they finish support soon). They might avoid pay-to-win too.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 20 Jan 2017, 00:23

Vitirr wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/videos/might-an ... 0-6436594/

Well seems like someone will have to review his informants and check the actual "facts" :p (or should I say "lol"?)
alas one cannot account for Yves and Erwin's nasty spider manipulation of the Void,
doth Yves wish to make Verriker and Source look foolish by altering Time and Space itself to reanimate Very Crappy MOBA he doth have his Way with me forsooth, let's revise that fact it was cancelled to fact it certainly should be cancelled lol

seriously though looks like a bit of wishful thinking at play, my source got right on the Team Erwin trashed and the Dark Messiah 2 but clearly not the Showdown, I will ask about that but obviously I lose most of credibility anyway and look like even bigger moron than normal so my culpa, and will now quit to be a smarmy leaker lol

Return to “News”