Marzhin Moving On

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Marzhin Moving On

Unread postby Quantomas » 14 Jan 2017, 15:22

Thank you for your answer.

One day you might realise that you are now the most senior Might & Magic creative talent Ubisoft has, if the management indeed recognizes Erwan's effort as a failure. He is possibly still credited the 2 million sales of Heroes V and the reasonable sales of H6, but ultimately H7 weighs against him.

That means, once you have completed successfully work on another project for Ubisoft, the destiny of Might & Magic may rest in your hands. Many of Ubisoft's projects have originated from proposals their employees made and accepted by the management. What a successful Heroes truly needs is a strong creative vision and a competent AI, if these main pillars are secured everything else will fall into place.

Regarding LotA I sent an email and PM to Markkur whether he can clear up what maps we have already. No reply so far. I remember Markkur said Zenithale was the other map maker. I lack the time, but if someone in the community is willing to act as a producer for LotA, the project could move forward again. The first task would be to gather all the files and establish the current status.

cuc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cuc » 19 Jan 2017, 15:04

Slight derail: Marzhin, have you played the game Crowntakers (available on Steam and mobile devices)? It was a small indie game without much budget for content and balancing, but in terms of art style and tightness of design it hit on a lot of what I wished to see in Heroes.

Its writing went for world-weary cynism, which is not my thing, and completely pedestrian in French pop art, but even this I find refreshing for a video game given how rarely this is done, especially when American developers seem to think "bright mainstream art style" means the writing must be manufactured cutesy babble that talks down to the audience.
Last edited by cuc on 19 Jan 2017, 15:37, edited 7 times in total.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 20 Jan 2017, 10:28

cuc wrote:Slight derail: Marzhin, have you played the game Crowntakers (available on Steam and mobile devices)? It was a small indie game without much budget for content and balancing, but in terms of art style and tightness of design it hit on a lot of what I wished to see in Heroes.
I didn't know it but that sounds like my kind of game :)

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 20 Jan 2017, 16:51

Marzhin wrote:
cuc wrote:Slight derail: Marzhin, have you played the game Crowntakers (available on Steam and mobile devices)? It was a small indie game without much budget for content and balancing, but in terms of art style and tightness of design it hit on a lot of what I wished to see in Heroes.
I didn't know it but that sounds like my kind of game :)
What do you think about that thing called "Might & Magic Showdown?"
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 24 Jan 2017, 15:06

Antalyan wrote:What do you think about that thing called "Might & Magic Showdown?"
I haven't worked on it, so I don't know much more than you guys. It sounds like an intriguing concept, and I can see why they made the connection between Might & Magic and painting fantasy miniatures, but I haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.
Seeing this table with these miniatures actually reminds me how much I'd like to create a pen and paper RPG based on Might & Magic ^^'

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Jan 2017, 12:38

RPG, all right. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “News”