We Asked Ubi Some Questions ...

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

We Asked Ubi Some Questions ...

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 17 Nov 2016, 22:04

Before the end of October, I dispatched two questions to several Ubisoft PR representatives, hoping for an official statement:
  1. Since the development of the latest game in the franchise (Heroes VII) has now stopped, we are wondering: are there any plans for continuing the franchise with other games?
  2. There are rumours going around but no official statement has been released yet: can you confirm or deny that Erwan le Breton's team has been disbanded?
Can you guess whether we got a clear message or an ambiguous reply? Well, after hearing back from them I sent a quick follow-up, but haven't heard anything more and I think three weeks is enough time to wait. Here is the official reply:

"After more than four years of collaboration on Might and Magic projects, Ubisoft's partnership with Limbic Entertainment has come to an end. As a result, no further updates are planned for these projects or the related websites. Ubisoft wants to thank both Limbic and the community for their support and dedication over the past four years."

As you can see, the answer says that nothing new is planned, but it doesn't specifically say that there will be nothing more of the M&M franchise - which is what I'd like to know. It just says that there are no plans (not that there never will be any) and that Limbic are no longer connected with it. I guess it doesn't sound good, but we can't say anything definitive.

In case you're wondering about the second question, I did get a reply from a different PR rep but I'm not sure she realized the irony: she said she was going to forward my questions to the Might & Magic team. If the team has been disbanded, I wonder who she thinks is checking the e-mails?

Read full article...
Last edited by Pol on 18 Nov 2016, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Re: We Asked Ubi Some Questions ...

Unread postby Antalyan » 18 Nov 2016, 16:38

Actually, I'm not even sure if this statement says anything about Ubisoft having no plans regarding Might & Magic franchise at this moment. My interpretation is that there are no planned Limbic-Ubisoft projects or their updates. Nothing has been mentioned about the future of franchise itself.

As regards the second question: I have no idea if most of people in Ubisoft know what's happening, because the first reply to the support ticket I have created was that that they will pass the bug information to the team :devious: And Ubi-Moshi is (as mentioned above I suppose) also from time to time saying something about the "team to answer/look into it" ,although we know about no existing team.

BahamutXero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BahamutXero » 18 Nov 2016, 22:22

I'm assuming "the team" would be internal group of people that are familiar with the project enough to bug test, etc. I've notice Moshi mentioned this several time too and that's how I interpreted it.

What irks me is if they have a team that help help troubleshoot the games, why don't they take some time and fix the obvious simple bugs like tooltips or damage/artifact calculations.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Nov 2016, 11:30

The Team now is most likely just the skeleton at this moment or may be only a virtual. As I see it from the scarce of informatin announced, there is/was: Dev Tem - Limbic (dedicated to the game), Sales Team - Ubisoft (PR) and Support Team - Ubisoft (QA + support) - which are people taking care about many other games and this was just one of many for them.

So, there most likely still will be people taking care about this game on the Ubisoft side but not only. Question is how marginal this will be for them.

There was also really the M&M Team on the Ubi side, being responsible for designing the game, stories, grahpic and internal communication. And this is the team in the question. Also this is the team what Marzhin left. ;)
Last edited by Pol on 19 Nov 2016, 12:11, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 19 Nov 2016, 16:14

One thing is certain. The future of M&M is still uncertain. On one hand it's a clever move of Ubisoft to speak with a sock in the mouth and keep all doors opens, but on the other hand, it would just be so refreshing if Ubi actually just spoke frankly, saying something like;

We appreciate the communities commitment and support of the franchise, but also acknowledges that the basically everything about H7, from release to patching, was not a pretty sight, unfortunate things happened and things didn't turn out as planned. We can't tell you if there will be any releases in the future, but the franchise hasn't been terminated either. As we're still evaluating the process, we're not able to provide you with a clear answer to your question at the moment.

As for your second question, I'm going to forward it to our M&M team at the M&M's factory, as they're the only known M&M team left. If you do get in contact with them, please ask them what the next colored M&M will be.

Sincerly yours
Someone Ubi PR employee.. Blah blah..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 20 Nov 2016, 00:52

Team Erwin toast, no more fake ass M&M games from them, however the members of Team Erwin still with the company lol

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 20 Nov 2016, 19:25

Hardin threw himself back in the chair. “You know, that’s the most interesting part of the whole business. I’ll admit I had thought his Lordship a most consummate donkey when I first met him—but it turned out that he was actually an accomplished diplomat and a most clever man. I took the libety of recording all his statements.”

There was a flurry, and Pirenne opened his mouth in horror.

“What of it?” demanded Hardin. “I realize it was a gross breach of hospitality and a thing no so-called gentleman would do. Also, that if his lordship had caught on, things might have been unpleasant; but he didn’t, and I have the record, and that’s that. I took that record, had it copied out and sent that to Holk for analysis, also.”

Lundin Crast said, “And where is the analysis?”

“That,” replied Hardin, “is the interesting thing. The analysis was the most difficult of the three by all odds. When Holk, after two days of steady work, succeeded in eliminating meaningless statements, vague gibberish, useless qualifications—in short, all the goo and dribble—he found he had nothing left. Everything canceled out.

“Lord Dorwin, gentlemen, in five days of discussion didn’t say one damned thing, and said it so you never noticed.

(c) Issac Azimov, "Foundation"
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 21 Nov 2016, 15:02

That so called answer is just a friggin' copy-paste from their rubbish announcement in the Ubi forum. They're tucking their tale between their legs and scampering like the money grubbing, yellow bellied company they are.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/15 ... st11979030

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 24 Nov 2016, 13:34

It looks like they interpret our community as a hive of wasps. Instead of being able to sustain stings and still collect some honey from bees, wasps are a different story. And now they thread carefully when talking, noticing people here are not that thick nor harmless.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Nov 2016, 20:36

It seems but it's mostly from the time of Heroes VII. Because Heroes V. with Fabrice were successs. Heroes VI. with Irina were also accepted well in the finale, although the game was incomplete and scrapped, it was beautiful.

But with Heroes VII. things went wrong, someone from director seat just decided to not to pay any attention and only collect the reward in advance. So he throw in his mascots and let them to fight that on their own. After all, this franchise wasn't his problem - cause it probably wasn't his franchise at all, he got it only assigned for this launch. Who was that we don't know, for sure it wasn't Erwin Le Breton. (Although he should fight.)

Hell, it seems that most of the story was captured, with exact quotes, there. Even I here, would vote for giving Verriker +1 QP, if my vote counts. :)
Last edited by Pol on 24 Nov 2016, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 25 Nov 2016, 09:39

Pol wrote:Heroes V. with Fabrice were successs. Heroes VI. with Irina were also accepted well in the finale, although the game was incomplete and scrapped, it was beautiful.
OMG, you are being generous!

HoMM is not a person, you can still say bad things after it's dead.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Return to “News”