Marzhin Moving On

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Marzhin Moving On

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 07 Aug 2016, 17:18

Level designer Julien Pirou, also known to us old-timers as "Marzhin", has announced that after working with the Might & Magic franchise for seven years, he is moving on to other projects. Pirou has been applying his creative talents as a level designer on the Heroes VI adventure packs, Might & Magic X and Heroes VII.

Pirou went on to say that he had had a great time working with Limbic and that he had learned a lot about the process of game production. We wish him every luck for the future.

You can find our previous interviews with Marzhin on our interviews page.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Marzhin Moving On

Unread postby Pitsu » 07 Aug 2016, 18:16

I wish to thank Marzhin for the efforts he made. On some reason i believe most of the most positive moments with or within the last MM titles to originate from him. Good luck with whatever you are going to do next!

DanTanna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DanTanna » 08 Aug 2016, 03:12

Good luck Julien, you will be missed.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 08 Aug 2016, 09:52

DanTanna wrote:Good luck Julien, you will be missed.
He is alive. He is still Heroes fan. And he is still member of this forum.
Why will he be missed? 8|
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 08 Aug 2016, 17:24

Dalai wrote:
DanTanna wrote:Good luck Julien, you will be missed.
He is alive. He is still Heroes fan. And he is still member of this forum.
Why will he be missed? 8|
Shut the fuck up Dalai can't you see people are sorrowing here!... i never had time to read any Marzhins stories but i believe they were good ;(
May the cookie monster be whit you...

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 Aug 2016, 17:56

overall wrote: Shut the **** up Dalai can't you see people are sorrowing here!... i never had time to read any Marzhins stories but i believe they were good ;(
Easy mate; he was just pointing out the Marzhin will continue to visit this forum as much as he has in the past. No need for flaming censored or otherwise.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Aug 2016, 18:39

There I hope too, that Marzhin will come back to us.

The amount of work what he did for M&M was tremendous, and as far as I see, his additions were among the best to the franchise under Ubisoft flag. :D

But once per chance is time to saddle a better horse.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 08 Aug 2016, 19:25

jeff wrote:
overall wrote: Shut the **** up Dalai can't you see people are sorrowing here!... i never had time to read any Marzhins stories but i believe they were good ;(
Easy mate; he was just pointing out the Marzhin will continue to visit this forum as much as he has in the past. No need for flaming censored or otherwise.
Well yes Jeff... i don't really have nothing else to add on that x)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 09 Aug 2016, 08:41

I believe his stories are still out there. They will live on, even if he moved on..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 29 Nov 2016, 16:09

Yes I'm still alive :) I'm simply back to following the M&M brand as a fan.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Nov 2016, 16:18

@Marzhin
Ah, ordinary people are core of this franchise.

Anyway there exist maps and mods for H7, so its cause it's not lost. Do you have plans to join some modding group in near future? Or to release some more stuff yourself?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 29 Nov 2016, 16:35

Pol wrote:Anyway there exist maps and mods for H7, so its cause it's not lost. Do you have plans to join some modding group in near future? Or to release some more stuff yourself?
Right now, I'm happy to take a break from working on Might & Magic, to be honest.
But I guess sooner or later I'll hear its sweet siren's song, luring me back again... :D
I certainly wouldn't say no if there was an opportunity to do MM11, for instance ^^

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 29 Nov 2016, 21:35

Marzhin wrote:Right now, I'm happy to take a break from working on Might & Magic, to be honest.
But I guess sooner or later I'll hear its sweet siren's song, luring me back again... :D
I certainly wouldn't say no if there was an opportunity to do MM11, for instance ^^
afraid I don't think Vivendi will be interested in MM11 or any games of the Might and Magic/Erwin series to be honest lol

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 29 Nov 2016, 22:20

So can fans hope to see the LotA being finished ;)
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 29 Nov 2016, 23:31

Erwinner wrote:afraid I don't think Vivendi will be interested in MM11 or any games of the Might and Magic/Erwin series to be honest lol
I agree -- I don't think Vivendi is interested in anything that doesn't sell several millions copies. But while Bolloré is banging aggressively at the door, he's not in the house. Yet. Time will tell how it all turns out.
If there was an opportunity to do a new Might & Magic RPG with a reasonable budget and enough time, I would seize it though.
Karmakeld wrote:So can fans hope to see the LotA being finished
Well the completed story has been available as an illustrated PDF for a while now. I don't think I'll ever go back to making maps for H5 (the last time I opened the H5 editor I realized I have forgotten a lot about how it works... -_-')

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 30 Nov 2016, 00:40

Marzhin wrote:I agree -- I don't think Vivendi is interested in anything that doesn't sell several millions copies. But while Bolloré is banging aggressively at the door, he's not in the house. Yet. Time will tell how it all turns out.
If there was an opportunity to do a new Might & Magic RPG with a reasonable budget and enough time, I would seize it though.
yeah but the rub being that even if Vivendi fail (which is 99% unlikely at this point IMO), Ubisoft will not create a good Might and Magic either, it's basically interchangeable outcome either way as far as us the consumers getting quality games lol

even if they did fund it properly, it would just turn into some highly streamlined Dark Messiah again because traditional RPGs are risky to profit and Ubisoft is risk averse with big money (and will only be more and more so in the future),
then even if not it would probably just be a big mess full of bugs and mistakes again even in spite of the time and money like H5, H6, and Dark Messiah were, because of the inexperienced or mercenary team, whose only answer after failing would be that "we are a new team and learned many lessons" (and yet they would then either get fired or repeat the mistakes again if they made a sequel)

and under Ubisoft, a new game would again stubbornly and inevitably be put in Ashan universe with the Dragon God and the Ten Commandments which doesn't have much/any appeal to the fans, it is very generic and has nothing really to do with the NWC universe and the series' identity,
judging from MMX, even if one would beg Erwin day and night the most you would ever be given to advance the actual original MM story of the Ancients is to put in an insignificant cameo of an alien in a bar somewhere, otherwise same old Griffin Uses All blah blah blah, weird priorities and bad games, where is the soul and the relevance to the original saga, what's the point lol

at least Vivendi would be very blatant and honest about it if they destroy the series, we will know immediately not to think about it if it is some soulless MOBA or mobile garbage,
Ubisoft is actually worse than them because they are forever leading us on claiming to care and to try hard but keep failing epically, which is painful because all we associate the brand with then is lost potential and mixed memories rather than preserving the good lol

basically I don't know what reason are we expected to be holding out for something, I would pretty much say the IP is officially dead for all intents and purposes, it's as bleak as they come about now mate lol

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Nov 2016, 12:21

We'll just have to wait to learn what this Might and Magic Showdown will really be, but it did transpired something off the usual games.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 30 Nov 2016, 17:02

Panda Tar wrote:We'll just have to wait to learn what this Might and Magic Showdown will really be, but it did transpired something off the usual games.
have you referred to that canceled game of the Watchdogs I posted down HC here mate lol

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Nov 2016, 19:49

@Erwinner
Well, he does. And you could post a a link here too. Anyway Might&Magic Showdown in Watchdogs 2 trailer is likely for fun. Only. Often these videos are prepped in advance, so it could be created like six months ago. Or more. I would be suprised if there would be any showdown at all.

For anyone else, check 2:20 for a poster. (Repost from HC news thread.) :tongue:
"We made it!"

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 30 Nov 2016, 21:17

Pol wrote:Well, he does. And you could post a a link here ‪too‬.
I could but I did not because I could not be bothered to do so lol
Pol wrote:Anyway Might&Magic Showdown in Watchdogs 2 trailer is likely for fun. Only. Often these videos are prepped in advance, so it could be created like six months ago. Or more.
not sure I understand mate, that is a fan video from last week where a guy was playing that game and found the poster, what are you saying about it being a trailer prepared six months ago lol
Pol wrote:I would be suprised if there would be any showdown at all.
true mate bear in mind that is told to be cancelled game, the series is out of production last I heard (aside weird China games) lol

Return to “News”