Talk about the weather

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Talk about the weather

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 Jun 2016, 02:15

Here in Trøndelag, mid Norway there have been alot of rain lately. Almost no sun. Cant call it a proper summer, though the temperature are alright :P

Yeah I know, long since I've been around these forums. Nice to see theres people still left around here :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jun 2016, 13:00

Meanwhile, in the southern part of Norway, we have sun today. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Aug 2016, 13:01

Heavy rain in the east of Norway today, roads closing etc.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 06 Aug 2016, 22:20

High quality work on those lane dividers! :applause:
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Aug 2016, 22:23

Lol yeah :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Aug 2016, 14:29

Indeed. Dunno if that's good or bad? :lol:

Here we are having temperatures varying between 12-28 at whim. Had a sunny week end, but now it's a rainy day ... a very slow rainy Monday. :tired:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Aug 2016, 14:47

We have here a hot sunny day. Not too much, Sunday was the same. But Saturday and tomorrow should be again raining.

This is not so interesting. This weather appears to be magnet for errors and complications of all sorts. And this is.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Aug 2016, 20:29

It's raining during the night... while it was hot all day...

Oh well, its better then no rain...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Sep 2016, 21:43

Hot weahter like hell. And first they said, that after one hotter day it will be cooling down. When it didn't happend they just fluently stated that summer is still here and these temperatures will stay for at leat two weeks.

Meteoroligsts are good in math and diplomacy.

Heck we may get two new classes to M&M classic line. Meteorologist and Administrator... ..natural enemies.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Sep 2016, 21:41

A cyclon hit the coast today. Some strong winds around here, even in Rio, and it is hot (for Winter standard), with temperatures ranging from 30-32°C. It looks like some downpour can fall down at any moment everywhere, but it only keeps getting hotter and hotter. :sweat:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Sep 2016, 21:50

It's warm here too; heat records being broken and still summer-like temperatures despite crossing into September.

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 19 Sep 2016, 22:28

Here in Western Australia we are getting winter-like temperatures despite having crossed into spring. Although the winters are nothing like some winters, it can still get a lot colder than we're used to. ;) Apparently we got a winter that was the coldest in 26 years or something like that.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Nov 2016, 15:54

It's been snowing all day and the night before. Gotta go out and shovel more snow. The weird thing is, despite news shows blasting their "Snow coming tomorrow! Get winter tires on the car!" messages 24/7, lots of people were still surprised by the 'sudden' snow fall. Idiots. :rolleyes:

Here are some pics.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 06 Nov 2016, 21:39

When you see car crashes, you know: those are members of Summer Tires Fan Club.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Nov 2016, 12:54

Getting hotter and hotter by the day. Crossing the 30ºC these days (here at South, of course), some storms at sea making beaches having great waves and some flooding.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 08 Nov 2016, 12:35

It snowed here last night! I am a sucker for snow :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Jan 2017, 21:41

There is snow, finally, it's done. There wasn't at Christmas, just few days ago it started, with some little freezing weather. Kids are sledging or even skying and everyone is happy.

Because it's fresh, it's not black in town and that's also plus. Sometimes when winter is leaving, there are heap of completely frozen and almost completely black snow, bordering the roads. Black snow is something, unnatural.

Overall, likely last ten years, we are getting less and less snow.

That reminded me this. Snowed Gobi, that's a wonder, also google concur. :)
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Jan 2017, 13:08

Black snow due the pollution of the air and streets, whilst rains would wash away?

On the other hand, summer hit hard around here. We are having + 35°C every day, and two days ago it hit 40. Sunny, brightly, fast summer rains and lots of beach opportunities. Well, it's awesome for tourists.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 12 Jan 2017, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jan 2017, 13:39

Panda Tar wrote:Black snow due the pollution of the air and streets, whilst rains would wash away?
Yes, tasty, isn't it?

Now, there is above zero, but freezing weather will return soon. There you have some stats.

As for your temperatures, that's tempting. Although I like cold weather, quick change for summer would be cool. :tongue:
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Jan 2017, 13:23

Today it's going to be hot ... :sweat:

I don't like too cold weather, nor too hot. My city is rather balanced, although summers are getting hotter and hotter. At least we have 4 seasons very characteristically delimited. However, I can't say for the level of cold that comes with snow. It snowed around here (and only at the peak of the local mountains) in 2013, which was very rare. At midday, the white papery thin blanket was already gone. That's as far as cold as I know, 0-2°C. In resume, I don't like weather that can kill you with or without clothing. :D

Well, imho, your country temperatures are rather cold all year round. :)

This is my city's temperatures. It would not be accurate if I post my country's, given its size.

Usually, the coldest and hottest days happen on Fall and Spring.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 13 Jan 2017, 13:30, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Campfire”