[spoiler]Might and Magic IX : the ending

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

[spoiler]Might and Magic IX : the ending

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 May 2006, 09:58

I was wondering what happen to the Jarls at the end of Might and Magic IX ? They're all killed during the battle of Yorwink following Forad' treason, but are they resurrected when you go to the Land of the Dead to reclaim the army ? I know Sven from Thjorgard apparently is (you meet him in front of the Hall of Gods), but what happen to the others ?

Some of the Jarls ARE back in their towns at the end of the game - Sigmund, Kira, I haven't checked the others - but I don't know if this is a bug or not, because Sigmund of Drangheim was already alive in his room before I went to Arlesgard...

I'm currently writing the story for a HoMM 5 campaign (depending on the features of the editor, that is) that will (among other places) take place in Hanndl's Grasp (the region around the Sea of Verhoffin, including Framon, Chedian and Mendossus) so the question of the fate of the Jarls may be quite important.

By the way, sorry if my english is sometimes a bit... broken, 'cause I'm French actually ^^'

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 02 May 2006, 10:39

They're all killed during the battle of Yorwink following Forad' treason, but are they resurrected when you go to the Land of the Dead to reclaim the army ?
Exactly - all jarls, except the Guberland freak, are alive after the end of the game.

I know that the developers of MM9 wanted to continue the storyline in MM10, which is pretty much obvious. The main storyline would take place in Beldonia, and there would be Kira the Cold, who's married with Sven and now is the queen of Chedian, while also Nicolai Ironfist would play major role in the storyline.

Perhaps this note, left by MM9 lead game designer Tim Lang will help you with some geographical settings:
Rysh (the continent Chedian, Mendossus, and Framon is on) is almost directly opposite the continent H4 took place on, and south of that, somewhere was the continent the original design of Legends was supposed to be on.
Alas, it will never happen now, only in a fan created game perhaps. It would be so cool to play this - I'll look forward to your campaign. Good luck!

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 May 2006, 10:59

Thanks ;) let's hope there is a "true" campaign editor for Heroes V...

The story I'm currently writing takes place ten years after the fall of Channon (HoMM4 : Winds of War) and it's a continuation of both HoMM4, The Gathering Storm, Winds of War and MMIX. I always assumed that Channon was on Rysh, west of Framon, because in my mind a kingdom so powerful could only be an "offspring" of the old Ursanian Empire.

The story will follow the uprising of the Kreegans in Nekros, led by the new Demon King Malustar (don't know why, but I kinda like this hero from HoMM4 so here he is ;)) and the quest of the legacy the Ancients left in Axeoth (remember this story about the ruins on a island south of Verhoffin's tower you can read in the Inventa Stoca in MMIX ?)

I can't say much more right now, you'll discover the rest by yourself ;)

Return to “Might and Magic”