Views: 8738

What is this "Mark of the Necromancer" you're talking about? :o
by JamaY
15 Jun 2006, 19:50
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Light magic insights
Replies: 24
Views: 7361

Good to know Righteous Might boosts your damage that much...I might use it more often now :p It's logical that RM is stronger than DS because DS is lvl1 and RM is lvl3. DS also costs less mana. The only reason I'd use DS over RM is because DS gives you fixed damage, so you can know if you kill an en...
by JamaY
15 Jun 2006, 19:45
Topic: Heroes V Easter Eggs
Replies: 73
Views: 36117

I don't know if I'd qualify it as an easter egg, but the description of the Week of the Hamster is pretty funny.
"Double growth for Hamsters and Combat Berzerk Hamsters" ;)
by JamaY
12 Jun 2006, 23:31
Topic: Teams ?
Replies: 6
Views: 3759

http://elrath.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42

Have fun!

BTW: Extract the Maps folder into your Data folder. No need to modify the data.pak file :)
by JamaY
12 Jun 2006, 23:25
Topic: are there any new maps out yet
Replies: 10
Views: 4151

I found 10 new maps that will be released with a future patch. The AI on his may be buggy, but you can try them anyway :)

http://elrath.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43
by JamaY
12 Jun 2006, 23:21
Topic: Battles are just too fast
Replies: 27
Views: 6410

While we're on the topic of tactics, I thought of a good way to make the tactics phase more useful without overpowering it too much. When you attack a hero, he will have to place his troops without seeing yours...just like he was attacked by surprise and didn't have the time to see what army the ene...
by JamaY
12 Jun 2006, 23:01
Topic: Battles are just too fast
Replies: 27
Views: 6410

Personnally, the only problem I have is how powerful paladins are. I fought against a haven AI hero with 15 attack and defense, and I was playing dungeon with a hero with 13 attack and 10 defense. A stack of 4 paladins charged first and killed 3 of my 5 black dragons in one shot. Sure, they're suppo...
by JamaY
09 Jun 2006, 18:28
Topic: Which faction will you use for the smallest maps?
Replies: 23
Views: 7999

And you can kill dozens of archers/casters with one empowered eldritch arrow or lighting bolt :D
by JamaY
09 Jun 2006, 18:26
Topic: Best and Worse hero for each race?
Replies: 32
Views: 13168

Personnally I don't like lucretia that much. Sure, her specialization is good, but she starts off with sorcery and mana regeneration, when I prefer to get attack, dark magic and summoning magic ASAP. Mana regen is useless IMO. Naadir is cool because she starts with basic dark magic and summoning mag...
by JamaY
09 Jun 2006, 17:31
Topic: Start Up Bonus Pick?
Replies: 15
Views: 4591

I usually pick artifact because you can get some pretty nice items, for example the elemental waistband gives you +4 SP when using summon elemental, and allows you to cast the spell without having it in your mage guild. It can be really strong in the first few battles to limit losses and fight those...
by JamaY
09 Jun 2006, 17:24
Topic: Which faction will you use for the smallest maps?
Replies: 23
Views: 7999

Dungeon, because destructive magic is probably the best choice when you start to fight against the enemy quickly.
by JamaY
08 Jun 2006, 18:07
Topic: Hot Seat AI
Replies: 12
Views: 4138

Well, if they're all in the same teams they won't attack each other and won't become as strong as a player with 2+ cities. The only times I had trouble wth the AI, was when one AI player conquered 3 or 4 of the other 6 AI players while I only conquered one or two...winning a battle when you're outnu...
by JamaY
08 Jun 2006, 17:25

I didn't know Havez started with all the war machines :o Guess that makes up for his lack of a 3rd skill (he only has basic artificer and basic war machines)! I'll have to test him out, but until then I prefer Jhora. Her speciality, coupled with expert sorcery allows her to cast like 2 or 3 spells f...
by JamaY
08 Jun 2006, 17:09
Topic: No normal difficulty post-patch?
Replies: 15
Views: 5795

In my version I only have Easy, Hard and Heroic difficulties too :(
by JamaY
08 Jun 2006, 07:36
Topic: Ghosts in multiplayer
Replies: 7
Views: 3746

Well, I think it's pretty much impossible without looking into the data files. I think it's even more fun to discover it by yourself..after all ghost mode is only there to occupy you while the other players play their turns, so you might as well try out some stuff while on that mode.
by JamaY
08 Jun 2006, 07:30

Best and Worse hero for each race?

What are in your opinion the best and worse hero for each race? For example Necropolis: Best: Vladimir since he starts with raise dead, basic summoning magic, and master of life...and he's specialized in raise dead, so you won't be losing units for a long time (works all the way to the end game) Wor...
by JamaY
08 Jun 2006, 07:12
Topic: Reach 35 lvl-Dream or not???
Replies: 39
Views: 10613

Personally I don't mind the size of the maps...after lvl25 your hero has all the skills he needs so why get to lvl35? Ultimate skills? hahaha!

Seriously, I'd rather have maps with less neutrals and mines and more combat between players :)
by JamaY
08 Jun 2006, 07:08
Topic: Enlightenment
Replies: 39
Views: 11510

Well, lets say you get expert enlightentment, plus 5 other expert skills adn 2 secondary skills for each primary (excluding enlightenment), that's a total of 28 skill points...around lvl25 since you start with 3 skills. What I mean is you don't need to get enlightenment's secondary abilities if you ...
by JamaY
08 Jun 2006, 06:53
Topic: Ghosts in multiplayer
Replies: 7
Views: 3746

From what I've seen, the Speed skill allows you to spend less energy for movement. The Haunt skill allows you to haunt a mine so it gives less ressources to it's owner. The Curse skill allows you to curse an enemy hero and reduce his stats. You can also uncurse one of your own heroes, in which case ...
by JamaY
06 Jun 2006, 17:49
Topic: 10 NEW maps + multiplayer versions of old and new maps
Replies: 21
Views: 10974

I haven't played the new maps extensively, but I assume the AI does work on them. The problem is the AI was scripted to do better on the maps that were released...not by giving it ressources but by making it more intelligent in that particular map. Probably Nival didn't have the time to work on the ...

Go to advanced search