Search found 21 matches

by Crosis
21 Sep 2008, 05:54
Forum: Articles
Topic: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil
Replies: 34
Views: 28426

Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil

Suggestions, Emodemon (I know this was three months ago, but I'm just playing it now myself): 1) Make sure you have obscene amounts of gold and other resources when you end the first half of the map. This lets you build the town in the second half really quickly. 2) You start with a zillion dwelling...
by Crosis
20 Oct 2007, 20:40
Forum: News
Topic: GameSpot Gives Tribes a 5.5
Replies: 126
Views: 36528

GameSpot Gives Tribes a 5.5

>>> The review is like giving 5.5 to Star Wars digitally Mastered and scenes added version I would have. The added scenes were crap. But in my limited experience with the expansion, there's no way they could possibly give it a lower grade than 7 unless they are total morons. >>> Quote from review: &...
by Crosis
11 Oct 2007, 01:44
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel
Replies: 363
Views: 120920

Skill Wheel

Anyone else find it strange that Necromancers can learn Empathy? Not very useful when your troops never get a morale effect ...
by Crosis
07 Oct 2007, 22:34
Topic: Time to taste the Tribes
Replies: 85
Views: 31227

Time to taste the Tribes

Anyone else find the site on the map (Father Sky's Fury) where you can pay to "unlearn" a skill and get offered a new one? That could be really handy so that, say, Witch's Huts that offer "bad" skills are still useful, and if you get offered a bunch of useless skills at once you ...
by Crosis
06 Oct 2007, 14:07
Topic: Time to taste the Tribes
Replies: 85
Views: 31227

Time to taste the Tribes

Just started playing last night. So far, so good. The Orcs are definitely interesting. Not sure they'll be my favorites, but there's no question they play a little differently due to the lack of magic.
by Crosis
05 Sep 2007, 16:50
Topic: Tribes of the East in October?
Replies: 73
Views: 17690

Tribes of the East in October?

What I'd been hearing is the 28th ... just over 3 weeks from now. So there might be as much as a week for them to get it gold and still meet the September target. But Omega's got it right - release it when it's ready, so that we don't have to wait for v3.2 to make it playable. If that means a delay,...
by Crosis
21 Jun 2007, 21:09
Topic: A Diary and Some Maps
Replies: 25
Views: 5919

A Diary and Some Maps

"Actually one would think that if you build any renegade structure then all of the structures should be renegade. It would not make sense to be able to mix them. In fact it should probably be establish when the city is placed on the map." Makes sense as an option for campaigns and story ma...
by Crosis
20 Jun 2007, 21:14
Topic: A Diary and Some Maps
Replies: 25
Views: 5919

A Diary and Some Maps

That appears to confirm that the Renegades are the alternates for Haven. No real surprise there - it would have been strange to make a third set of upgrades and have only two available in town.
by Crosis
20 Jun 2007, 21:12
Topic: On Nival and Heroes
Replies: 161
Views: 30955

On Nival and Heroes

"but I will venture to guess that it may very well have some real-time elements"

I hope not. I've always hated RTS click-fests.
by Crosis
13 Jun 2007, 00:12
Topic: Academy Alternate Upgrades
Replies: 93
Views: 21317

Academy Alternate Upgrades

FYI, ability list is up in English at the portal (mightandmagic.us.ubi.com). Combat Mage is listed as a caster (Magic Fist - presumably that means Fist of Wrath - and Dispel), but the stats posted in the forum give no spell points. Storm Lord is listed as a shooter, but the stats give him no shots. ...
by Crosis
12 Jun 2007, 17:45
Topic: Academy Alternate Upgrades
Replies: 93
Views: 21317

Academy Alternate Upgrades

"Combat mage" needs to be changed to "battle mage". That's just silly. But it looks great.
by Crosis
01 Jun 2007, 05:56
Topic: Tribes of the East: interview & new screens
Replies: 75
Views: 17410

ToE: Interview & New Screens

For the alternate upgrades, I think it'd be best to have them as separate buildings, but both can be built at once (with a combined pool of troops per week, i.e. you can buy any combination of Imps, Familiars, and Quasits that add to 26, and the Imps can be upgraded later to either). Being able to c...
by Crosis
08 Nov 2006, 20:34
Topic: Hammers of Fate is Gold
Replies: 28
Views: 8642

Hammers of Fate is Gold

May have to wait until after finals ... this semester is kind of insane right now. But I'll almost certainly get it at some point.
by Crosis
07 Oct 2006, 01:54
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 91
Views: 75796

The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

maltz: I think the AI does use Summon Creature. In a game I played through, Nicolai was holed up in one of the towns with a sizable army (25 shadow dragons, 2500 skeleton archers, and everything in between), and then all of a sudden he had nothing (but not suddenly enough for me to be able to get th...
by Crosis
25 Sep 2006, 00:29
Topic: Mods
Replies: 241
Views: 71427

Mods

Sir_Toejam: I think Blueman's referring to on the combat screen, where a huge stack (say, skeleton archers) shows up as "1k" for anything between 1000 and 1999 rather than displaying the full number. Nothing to do with scouting.
by Crosis
13 Sep 2006, 20:36
Topic: Patch 1.3 and Editor Now Available
Replies: 47
Views: 18746

Patch 1.3 and Editor Now Available

I'm having trouble with the auto-update as well ... might have the wrong checksum listed, because I tried twice and both times it came up with the same checksum but not the one it said it was supposed to.
by Crosis
13 Aug 2006, 19:29
Topic: Looking Back at the Reviews
Replies: 20
Views: 7675

Looking Back at the Reviews

The small supply of multiplayer maps and lack of a map editor are the only things that really bother me about the game. I'd give the game about a 7.5 for now, and once there is a map editor and more custom maps there's a good chance it will move up to a 9 or 9.5. (For comparison purposes, H2 was abo...
by Crosis
02 Jul 2006, 05:03
Topic: Nival Answers: Part Trois
Replies: 105
Views: 34342

Nival Answers: Part Trois

> There is nothing wrong in giving heroes starting abilities that prevent them from reaching the ultimate. Ultimates are meant to be very hard to get, and only in ideal conditions. I agree with this, with just one caveat - the heroes who can't get the ultimate ability should in general be somewhat s...
by Crosis
25 May 2006, 22:37
Topic: Shipping Woes in America
Replies: 41
Views: 12339

Shipping Woes in America

Got it today at GameStop. I must say I am sorely disappointed with the lack of documentation (very little about skills, and nothing about the creatures' abilities), but thanks to Aurelain (for making the skill system comprehensible), Angelspit (for running the site) and all the rest, that can be ove...
by Crosis
25 May 2006, 02:18
Topic: Shipping Woes in America
Replies: 41
Views: 12339

Shipping Woes in America

No luck just yet ... the local Best Buy stores are saying they won't have it until Friday, but GameStop had the regular edition in (and sold out well before I could get there). They told me they'd have the limited edition in tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Go to advanced search