Search found 85 matches

by magritte2
09 Apr 2017, 19:52
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Should I buy Heroes VII?
Replies: 18
Views: 15763

Re: Should I buy Heroes VII?

No, I've only played the vanilla game so far...I haven't played enough to see all the factions and think about things like AI and balance yet. But hero and town development seems greatly improved to me from VI...I'd describe the hero development as more like V and the town development kind of a cros...
by magritte2
08 Apr 2017, 11:44
Topic: Should I buy Heroes VII?
Views: 15763

Re: Should I buy Heroes VII?

I just picked it up a little while ago. I haven't played a lot, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Granted it might be a case of having low expectations because of negative buzz. But it's definitely more fun than VI.
by magritte2
30 Aug 2016, 14:12
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Jagged Alliance 2?
Replies: 3
Views: 3701

Re: Jagged Alliance 2?

Well, I picked up (hey at $2.49 it's not much of a risk)...it's definitely nothing like Heroes. I would have described the combat system as closer to Fallout than Baldur's Gate, though. It's not a pausable real time game, it's only deviation from true turn-based being the interrupts as far as I can ...
by magritte2
27 Aug 2016, 00:07
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Jagged Alliance 2?
Replies: 3
Views: 3701

Jagged Alliance 2?

I noticed this game on sale at GoG and I've heard good things about it, but it gets compared to XCOM which I never played. Is it something that HOMM players tend to like? Does it play nice on modern computers?
by magritte2
06 Jan 2016, 23:45
Topic: Discuss Your Uplay experience
Replies: 24
Views: 15993

Re: Discuss Your Uplay experience

I haven't played HOMM7 but my experience with HOMM6 led me to suspect Kurtz had a glimpse of UPlay at the end of Heart of Darkness.
by magritte2
06 Jan 2016, 23:42
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII Review
Replies: 13
Views: 20325

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII Review

That's actually a better review than I was expecting based on all the moaning on the Ubisoft site. I haven't played the game yet and was thinking of giving it a pass, but maybe I'll reconsider.
by magritte2
30 Sep 2015, 19:54
Topic: Is it just me? or the AI is way too strong in campaign?
Views: 9712

Re: Is it just me? or the AI is way too strong in campaign?

I haven't got the game yet but that sounds like it might be fun. I usually like it when they make a map that breaks away from the standard 4X.
by magritte2
07 Aug 2015, 21:05
Topic: If you could give the Might & Magic IP to any company...
Replies: 24
Views: 13056

If you could give the Might & Magic IP to any company...

Who would it be? It's not a secret that many longtime fans of the series haven't been happy with Ubisoft's releases. In a perfect world where you could just give the game to the perfect company who would it be? With some games you can look for the old developers responsible for the classics, so givi...
by magritte2
04 Aug 2015, 19:45
Topic: The Damage is Already Done
Replies: 258
Views: 302004

Re: The Damage is Already Done

Kalah wrote: Perhaps producers of AAA games will start to charge more if they know their games are great.
They already do. AAA games are released at prices as high as $75 in Canada, but indy releases are mostly $20 or less.
by magritte2
07 May 2015, 21:46

Well, I should be able to play it on my desktop, so it's not a dealbreaker for me. But it does make you wonder if they're confused about their target audience. A lot of people who play turnbased strategy games don't play games like Assassin's Creed, so they don't bother to upgrade to the latest vide...
by magritte2
29 Apr 2015, 22:12

Higher than Enemy Within? My God. My notebook is 3 years old, but it already has 8 GB Memory and can run H7 with, perhaps, ease. But I judge not worthy of my time. I wouldn't ever upgrade my notebook, if needed, for such mediocre game; really, it's almost indecent reading this. I cannot put a logic...
by magritte2
10 Apr 2015, 22:43

The effect of the lack of movement restrictions and range limitations for Heroes 2 combat resulted in a sort of scissors-paper-stone character where flying troops would massacre shooters, ground troops beat up flying toops, and shooters destroyed ground troops.
by magritte2
25 Mar 2015, 21:02

I'll wait and see how people react to it. But I have a feeling it's going to face a tough market. They've frittered away the value of the brand, making the fans of the 3DO games hesitant to buy again, and I don't know how easy it will be attract new ones. Honestly, I was beginning to wonder whether ...
by magritte2
25 Mar 2015, 20:45
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Who liked Ubisoft's M&M X?
Replies: 26
Views: 15438

It wasn't bad. It reminded me that if I'm going to be playing an RPG that's light on story and essentially all about killing monsters and gaining loot, that I MUCH prefer turn-based tactical combat to the Diablo/Torchlight style of combat.
by magritte2
10 Dec 2014, 18:02
Topic: Swordbearer, really?
Replies: 46
Views: 25464

Swordwielder would definitely be better than swordbearer. The latter makes me think of someone who is basically carrying equipment for a soldier, like a golf caddy.
by magritte2
15 Jul 2014, 21:02
Forum: King's Bounty
Topic: King's Bounty -- Must Play?
Replies: 6
Views: 7737

I encourage you to pick up King's Bounty-the Legend. I've just started into it and I'm having more fun than with either of Ubi's HOMM games.
by magritte2
15 Jul 2014, 20:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Feel Unimaginably Sad: Heroes VI versus Starcraft 2
Replies: 23
Views: 21525

It may not be reasonable to compare games from different genres. However, I just picked up King's Bounty - The Legend, which is a close relative to the Heroes series. Heroes 6 just isn't much fun by comparison.
by magritte2
01 May 2014, 18:10
Topic: MM X - Hirelings (what would you change?)
Replies: 5
Views: 8048

Yes, other than the horse they seem kind of pointless. I was particularly disappointed by Sana --I though OHH, this hireling is a special reward must be good, only to find that the bulk of her spell effects last only two turns and you can't cast them in combat, so they're a waste.
by magritte2
07 Apr 2014, 15:56
Topic: Might and Magic X
Views: 142297

Not finished the game yet (part way through Act 3) but I agree with you on a lot of things. It feels like the game is finally opening up now around level 20 or so. As far as the linearity, I think the problem the game has stems from a couple of things: 1) The power curve is very steep early on 2) Th...
by magritte2
14 Mar 2014, 23:20
Topic: Might and Magic X
Views: 142297

Does Earth Ward work against poison--not poison spray spells but ordinary poison? If not, what are my options for protection? I'm in the 2nd level of the lost city and in this ambush I'm getting a couple of characters poisoned every round and even running regeneration, it's really difficult to make ...

Go to advanced search