Search found 132 matches

by Linky
24 Oct 2011, 11:07
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Pronunciation of "Igor"
Replies: 20
Views: 15309

Pronunciation is just a matter of preference. I pronounce my own name differently depending on which language I speak.
by Linky
24 Aug 2011, 17:50
Forum: News
Topic: Recommended Games: Suggestions?
Replies: 24
Views: 11626

Recommended Games: Suggestions?

I would recommend keeping track of Elemental: Fallen Enchantress, but since the release is still half a year away, it's not that relevant here.
by Linky
14 Aug 2011, 19:03
Topic: Heroes VI Post-Poned Again
Replies: 51
Views: 16314

Heroes VI Post-Poned Again

It is harder to make RMGs in HoMM than Civ. In Civ you can have pretty much any kind of terrain and it'll be ok, but in HoMM you need to be careful to balance the resources, monsters, terrain movement penalties, artifacts etc. for the game to be balanced for each player.
by Linky
09 Aug 2011, 11:18

I don't mind the lack of a random map generator, since there seems to be a map editor in the game (some screenshot showed it). That'll allow the community to make really good looking maps with great atmosphere.
by Linky
07 Aug 2011, 15:08

Wow. This is pretty impressive behavior. I'm starting to think maybe I should give HoMM VI a shot when it's finally released.
by Linky
09 Sep 2010, 11:29
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 83694

I was thinking about how the seven resource system would be best implemented, and I'm thinking that I would like the most if every faction had options to use any resource. Careful Linky, you are breaking all reasons you provide for defending the 4-resource system :rolleyes: Come on, it's not black ...
by Linky
09 Sep 2010, 11:23

And there's the fact that taking them out instead of making them work better is something i'm against on a philosophical level in the first place. I simply don't understand this. Though I work so much with optimization and organisational tasks that having variables that serve no purpose is somethin...
by Linky
08 Sep 2010, 20:58

I was thinking about how the seven resource system would be best implemented, and I'm thinking that I would like the most if every faction had options to use any resource. Each dwelling tier would have multiple dwelling choices. You can pick only a select amount of dwellings from each tier. Since th...
by Linky
08 Sep 2010, 13:40

Rock, Paper, Scissors has perfect balance, but i'd hardly say it has more strategic depth then a game with 300 choices, even if that game has only 2 OP strategies that will defeat anything else (thus less optimal choices then the 3 RPS has). But what's the point of having meaningless choices? It's ...
by Linky
08 Sep 2010, 11:30

When will you learn not to mix complexity with strategic depth? B-)
by Linky
06 Sep 2010, 23:41

You can discuss the topic without having to make a big effort to shoot down everything I write point by point. As I'm sure you realize, me remembering Necromancer town resource requirements correctly is hardly relevant. It's not too enjoyable discussing when the tone is that aggressive. Anyway, the ...
by Linky
06 Sep 2010, 10:27

The fights in Heroes games are always pretty straightforward. The game is won / lost on the adventure map. Having just four resources is probably a good thing. Simply slapping on extra resource types doesn't bring any added value. Additional resources bring with them a load of problems and complicat...
by Linky
03 Sep 2010, 12:16
Topic: What's The Worst Faction ?
Replies: 274
Views: 100509

The reason why Haven / Castle was OK in the earlier Heroes was that they were the only faction that had such homogeneous units. It was Castle's thing. Everyone else had quite a lot of diversity. Other factions had good themes but the units themselves were very varied. The Demon faction is by far the...
by Linky
28 Dec 2006, 23:16
Topic: The Year in Review
Replies: 10
Views: 11055

Well, I kind of gave hope for Heroes after thinking of the quality or lack thereof of HoMMV. I doubt there's going to be a sixth addition to the franchise when this outing got such a poor reception, and even though HoMMV has improved with the Expansion, it's never going to be great. With this, I say...
by Linky
05 Sep 2006, 20:25
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: H5: Modfiles zipped with screenies and readmes
Replies: 7
Views: 20855

Just stopped by to say thanks for the good job! :)
by Linky
09 Aug 2006, 10:44
Topic: Mod Section
Replies: 6
Views: 3165

I was thinking something along these lines would be good: http://www.saunalahti.fi/hanneku/modsection.jpg The topic/name areas could be swapped, I don't know what would work better. I think a screenshot (if possible) would be very useful when you scroll through the mods. Here's an example of what ea...
by Linky
08 Aug 2006, 22:13

Sorry, I'm too busy enjoying the last couple of weeks of my vacation. :baby:

I wouldn't have the necessary skills to pull it off anyway, so you're not missing out on much.
by Linky
08 Aug 2006, 19:52

Mod Section

To CH Staff: Could you please make the Mod section of the HV area a bit more comprehensible? The bullet point list there is really unintuitive if you want to check out what kinds of mods are available. Just to make sure we're on the same page (clever, isn't it? I made that one up myself ;) ), here's...
by Linky
16 Jul 2006, 11:28
Topic: Heroes V on IMDB
Replies: 4
Views: 2956

Heroes V on IMDB

Sorry, but it's the "Internet Movie Database". Not International. :)
by Linky
23 Jun 2006, 10:10
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: NEW MOD! town bonus description
Replies: 5
Views: 7164

Gaidal, the problem is that once the map editor is released, all these modding topics get lost in the umpteenth pages. It would be a lot easier to have a separate modding forum, even if it wouldn't be *that* active.

Go to advanced search