Search found 320 matches

by csarmi
07 Sep 2013, 19:41
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature
Replies: 170
Views: 81228

I remember that once I had a little book where I put theresults of all matches for L1, L2, L3, ... L7 championship. Had a neat tabelle too.

No idea whether I still have it though. Maybe. Somewhere.
by csarmi
28 Feb 2009, 12:09
Topic: Heroes3 VS Heroes4: Tier 1 of the Knight factions
Replies: 17
Views: 8192

The h4 ones are much more interesting and they look better too. As for usefulness, it's about equal. I always found pikemen/halberdiers look dull.
by csarmi
23 Feb 2009, 10:56
Topic: Hey, newbie here looking for some tips. (HoMM III)
Replies: 12
Views: 5207

Tower: Master Gremlins - week 1, any high level suitable - week 2 Conflux: Sprites (walkers), anything else (rest) - week 1, (storm, magic or firebird - week 2 (note: conflux is hugely overpowered) Stronghold: goblins, wolves, bird + behemoth - week 1, upgrade birds - week 2 Rampart: grand elves, ce...
by csarmi
14 Feb 2009, 10:43
Topic: Is Combat too good (Heroes IV)??
Replies: 51
Views: 22669

I supposed neither side can use potions except for immortality (it's jut fair if you disable summoning, ANY combat skills and spells cast by barbs. btw i gave all barbs master life and the corresponding spells and it was a close fight, I actually hung it up after 30 turns or so. ALL the fight only 2...
by csarmi
14 Feb 2009, 10:32
Topic: Best/worst town in heroes IV
Replies: 33
Views: 25899

Pre-equi: (on a scale of 10) Death: 13 Nature: 8 Life: 6 Chaos: 6 Order: 4 Might: 4 This depends on map type and map features too, for example - semi-open map with low number of taverns (read: in cities, outside, etc) helps might - small open maps with several villages make it possible for nature to...
by csarmi
14 Feb 2009, 10:22
Topic: 100 Marksmen or 100 Orc Chieftains (H3)
Views: 8398

Well orcs have the statistical win 1v1, but it's completely irrelevant.
by csarmi
13 Feb 2009, 07:46
Topic: 100 Marksmen or 100 Orc Chieftains (H3)
Views: 8398

I dont remember the stats of the creatures. Where can I find them? Marksman is probably more useful, but I can show you a lot of situations where you will feel bad about choosing them. Without more information, this question can't be answered. If the question is: which one would I pick blindly, with...
by csarmi
12 Feb 2009, 20:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: School Rankings
Replies: 40
Views: 16425

RommeL_666 wrote: you never use summoning? well it would be fun to play against you when I could call a phoenix that has 1500hp and I dont wanna even to mention his dmg.
Then comes a stack of wraiths...
by csarmi
12 Feb 2009, 20:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes V -- Tribes of the east -- Grim crusade quest
Replies: 7
Views: 3869

I think stacks grow by 10% every week.
by csarmi
05 Feb 2009, 09:18

About pure magic heroes vs pure might heroes fight: First of all, melee is useless, because the might heroes will never reach the magic heroes (quicksand). Second, blur is available, so ranged damage will be halved as well. This is what a might hero gets: (assume level21) 40 ranged attack 50 melee a...
by csarmi
05 Feb 2009, 07:20

Lol, it's not that simple. I've long since forgotten about the original statement, and it's open to a variety of different interpretations with different results, for example: 1. GM Magic heroes ONLY vs. GM Combat heroes ONLY (no creatures) - Combat wins. I seriously doubt that. With this you mean ...
by csarmi
04 Feb 2009, 09:45
Forum: Articles
Topic: Will of Asha Campaign Done
Replies: 34
Views: 16847

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Beasts and B

I took the yellow town too, but I had no catapult skill. I just made the cyclops stack kill everything else (yes I had frenzy, I am supposed to have it by then: I visited so many mage guilds), then I simply killed that stack with my almost intact army (blind, wasp swarm, phantom forces, ammo cart, G...
by csarmi
04 Feb 2009, 09:40
Topic: Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → The Bull's W
Views: 8548

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → The Bull's W

What I did was: (on heroic) 1) took the stacks between, but headed right for the town 2) bought some more heroes (for later chaining + the usual secondary things... a tip: try to get Zoltan and level him with scholar and magic) 3) killed (2), (6) and (3) and took all the goodies including the dwelli...
by csarmi
04 Feb 2009, 08:41

<-- just wondering if I'm in enough of an argumentative mood to: 1. Continue a thread from so long ago; 2. Argue something after what happened with mass Chaos casters vs. mass Nature / Life heroes. You don't have to. I just wanted to clarify a hypothetical question (does full magic beat full might)...
by csarmi
04 Feb 2009, 07:54
Topic: To Honor Our Fathers Walkthrough
Views: 7828

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Coll

Everything on the map with the exception of the elementals and some zealots maybe can be easily defeated with negligible losses (and yes on heroic). If you cant, you arent using your troops well. It's a good practice map for fighting.
by csarmi
04 Feb 2009, 07:48
Topic: Open Letter to Brett Todd
Replies: 59
Views: 24136

Tribes of the East ¡ú A Murder of Crows

I would also add that leadership is ultra-important on this map because you'll be using stacks of 3 alignments (pezzie, skele and orcs) all the time
by csarmi
03 Feb 2009, 15:08
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Fath
Replies: 23
Views: 14617

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Fath

"The one Cyclop bonus is a trap -- each Cyclop only costs 2900G, and they are available for hire on Day 1!"

I have only the cantaur and goblin dwellings built up at the start...
by csarmi
03 Feb 2009, 14:55
Topic: Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → The Bull's W
Views: 8548

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → The Bull's W

the stack in (5) doesnt need any mind spells, I did it with some vampires and 1x1 blocker guys, it's easy: large creatures can only attack your vampires 1 by 1. It takes a bit of effort keeping them alive but then it becomes easy when you wore the stack down. Had a lot of princes by then anyway now ...
by csarmi
03 Feb 2009, 14:50
Topic: More From the Will of Asha
Replies: 20
Views: 13871

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → The Grim Cru

This campaign is a pain in the ass... I NEVER got Mark of the Necromancer offered by any of my main heroes (actually Ornella got it on level 23 or so whiwh ddidnt make a difference). Also this hero is just stupid: he's getting WEAKER when levelling up (you start with 10 max mana and the first 5-6 le...

Go to advanced search