Search found 14 matches

by SubEffect
22 Mar 2014, 12:43
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic X
Replies: 258
Views: 142201

Finished..

Well, it took me a while, but I finally finished. Minor spoilers here, just my final thoughts and some spell names.. I went through the game with a 'standard' party of a tank, damage dealer, buffer/healer, and a nuker. That being, specially, a crusader, bladedancer, druid, and freemage. I found this...
by SubEffect
23 Feb 2014, 22:25

Just finished Act 2

I'm moving slowly through the game as I don't get as much time to play as I'd like. I have a bunch of other new games right now but I find myself wanting to play MMX over them all. Minor spoilers.. just location names, etc.. I just finished Act II and I'm really enjoying the game! Everything really ...
by SubEffect
28 Jan 2014, 03:12

Spoiler, I'm trying to defeat Gralkor. No matter what I do, I lose. I obviously can't go and fight elsewhere to gain some levels; there's nothing left to kill. Am I forced to start over? Boy, about 10 tries later, I finally beat him. Still, I think the game needs to be less linear, so I can go and ...
by SubEffect
28 Jan 2014, 03:10

A bit off topic; but a modding tool was advertised as coming with the deluxe edition. Now I have no intention in buying the required software to use it, however I do not see where the tool was downloaded. Was the idea abandoned or am I not looking in the right place. :offtopic: I don't see a way to...
by SubEffect
28 Jan 2014, 03:08

Spoiler . . . . . . . . . . . . . I've been able to handle the forge so far, except the elementals outside. I hope i don't need to beat them. They kill me instantly. I find I'm running sideways, or backwards a lot in the game. It's faster than turning all the time. I guess that's a downside of the ...
by SubEffect
28 Jan 2014, 03:06

Re: Observations..

Are you sure a crappy spare would do better than a warn good weapon? Well, considering my best weapon still does less that 20 damage base, yes :). It's a 75% reduction when worn so it's fairly painful. Reminds me of getting the the bottom of an Ultima I dungeon and having your armor break. Grrrrr!
by SubEffect
27 Jan 2014, 00:45

You can learn new skill ONLY during level ups (as far as I know). Another change which was "meh". I'm on the opposite side of the fence. With every skill point mattering, it's a matter of thought when deciding whether to learn a skill. In previous games, I'd pretty much get at least one r...
by SubEffect
27 Jan 2014, 00:39

Variol wrote:In case nobody has said it.

Welcome SubEffect! :-D

Thanks! Sorta been a lurker for years. The recent resurgence of MM games has me diving back in and wanting to talk about them :)
by SubEffect
27 Jan 2014, 00:38

Can someone spoil me on getting to Seahaven? Spoilerish . . . . . . . . .. I've done the bandit thing but not the boss in the lighthouse; he's pretty tough. Spoilerish again.. There is another dungeon after the lighthouse which is where I currently am, then I think the road to Seahaven will open up...
by SubEffect
26 Jan 2014, 14:35

Observations..

So, I'm about 10 hours in. The game is certainly fun and it really does feel like a cross between Wizardry 8 and M&M4/5 or so, with a splash of M&M6/7 (skills, etc). There's a few oddities, but nothing that takes away from the enjoyment too much. Minor spoilers (names of creatures, towns, an...
by SubEffect
26 Jan 2014, 14:19

Thanks for the chart! I don't know where to acquire the base skills though? You can only learn "new" basic skills when you level up, so make your choices during creation carefully. I learned to at least make sure everyone has a melee and ranged weapon skill right at the start, so at least...
by SubEffect
25 Jan 2014, 17:37

[quote="Avonu"]I have created tables with all classes skills descriptions and another tabke with teachers name and locations (some of them). Mind you that both of them are still work in progress but I hope, they will be useful for you. Very nice! Thanks.. I have some of the trainers listed...
by SubEffect
25 Jan 2014, 15:52

Race/Class/GM Skills

Here's a list I put together to show the base classes and their Grand Master abilities: Edit: I decided to make this a Google spreadsheet so others could view it. I will fill in all the abilities: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiBM2gCr85OvdE85OGZnN1ByQ1NvR044WmtoaDBLY0E&usp=sharin...
by SubEffect
25 Jan 2014, 15:08

Impressions...

Only a few hours in.. walking around the lighthouse area. It's such a weird experience. I feel like I am a kid again. playing World of Xeen. It's similar but different - so strange. Anyhow, yes it's definitely fun. It took some time for me to remember the general mechanics and framework (novice, exp...

Go to advanced search