Search found 1363 matches

by Zamolxis
01 Jul 2013, 12:43
Forum: News
Topic: HoMM -50% on GOG
Replies: 12
Views: 8006

HoMM -50% on GOG

I'd buy the older ones only for nostalgic reasons. But for 5 bucks, they should either bundle HoMM1 with the original King's Bounty (optimized) or bundle 1 & 2 together.
by Zamolxis
25 Jun 2013, 07:29
Topic: HoMM -50% on GOG
Views: 8006

HoMM -50% on GOG

I'd buy the older ones only for nostalgic reasons. But for 5 bucks, they should either bundle HoMM1 with the original King's Bounty (optimized) or bundle 1 & 2 together.
by Zamolxis
06 Jun 2013, 20:07
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: 2013 update: Era, 65 mods already
Replies: 5
Views: 16766

Thanks. Pity. That means I'm only left with ...like 64 other mods to try out. :p

j/k - I actually have the Chronicles from gog. And there was a way to load them under WoG, which prolly means there's a way for ERA (or at least the HD mod) as well.
by Zamolxis
06 Jun 2013, 13:22
Topic: 2013 update: Era, 65 mods already
Replies: 5
Views: 16766

Wow. Just wow. I knew there are some cool mods out there I didn't know about yet, but boy is that an understatement. Thanks for putting all this together!

One tiny question: Heroes Chronicles (RUS) - does that mean it's only playable in Russian for now?
by Zamolxis
03 Jun 2013, 11:17
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Official VCMI project thread
Replies: 99
Views: 292866

VCMI 0.93 is out! :) Following requests from many users, as of now VCMI can work with pure SoD installation. WoG or ERA are not required anymore, though remain and will remain supported. Many other changes and fixes, you can read all about in the link above. * * * @Yurian: Thanks for the kind words...
by Zamolxis
03 Jun 2013, 10:10
Topic: Original WOG or VCMI?
Replies: 2
Views: 5985

A late reply, but just in case someone will have the same question again: WoG is more than a mod. It's an unofficial add-on combining many mods in one if I can put it like this. It's also the most successful H3 community project, that helped a lot keeping the game alive for many of us. I heartily re...
by Zamolxis
02 Oct 2012, 11:32

Well, I can see why first line can be misleading if one doesn't read further, so I edited it to avoid confusion.

@WM: can you edit the OP with updates for the 0.9 release?
by Zamolxis
02 Oct 2012, 06:03

As the announcement says, you still need WoG or ERA. The aim is to make most (if not all) WoG features/graphics as optional at some point. We take it as a nice-to-have, because we know it's on the wishlist of some fellow gamers. But the priority remains with finishing all standard game features (SoD...
by Zamolxis
01 Oct 2012, 19:00

VCMI 0.9 Release

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock ... ... and there it is: We are proudly releasing VCMI 0.9 . It is a first build from the 0.9x series and important milestone for the project. As more and more features are implemented, VCMI slowly starts being playable. Our work gradually shifts from implementing only...
by Zamolxis
06 Jun 2012, 01:12
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: When You Know You Have Lost
Replies: 3
Views: 2485

When You Know You Have Lost

The "army" is spot on! ;)
by Zamolxis
11 Apr 2012, 01:06
Topic: KB: The Legend - H3 Babies Mod
Replies: 4
Views: 4228

KB: The Legend - H3 Babies Mod

Great job. I only started playing KB:TL recently (wanted since the launch, but never found the time). It's as great as expected, but babies seem quite useless on the long run as many acknowledge on forums. But I can draw inspiration from your mod how to tweak them for more decent bonuses. I'll proll...
by Zamolxis
01 Mar 2012, 23:44
Topic: New map for wog, EMPIRE IV
Replies: 22
Views: 47554

Wow. Man, not only do you create the most amazing products (can't call them just "maps", as they are so much more than that), but you sure also know how to sell them. Those screenshots are so beautiful I could cry. Makes me wanna wish I could take a sabbatical just to have the time to enjo...
by Zamolxis
01 Mar 2012, 23:06

VCMI 0.88 released! The most significant addition is the first working adventure AI. Don't expect anything close to a worthy competitor. For now it just does basic map exploration, collecting items & visiting locations, that's it. Basically just taking its 'first steps', but you can expect smal...
by Zamolxis
01 Sep 2011, 20:13

VCMI 0.86 released! No Adventure AI enabled yet as it's still causing quite some crashes, so this will have to wait for the next release. Battle AI however has some improvements (but still in the works and far from final, so don't expect too much). Among the changes you'll find: - support for music...
by Zamolxis
21 Jun 2011, 20:10
Topic: Video: Music & Sound Making Of
Replies: 30
Views: 12025

Video: Music & Sound Making Of

I'm pleased to see Ubi is not repeating many of the mistakes they did with H5. This is a way better marketing approach. And the game itself is more promising. Pity I don't have the time I had 5 years ago to enjoy a product which they seem to have gotten right this time.
by Zamolxis
16 May 2011, 23:29
Topic: A Man From The Sea
Views: 6180

A Man From The Sea

Actually it would be really neat if they implemented 2, or even 3 levels of water depths: If 2: - 1st level: passable by all heroes, but with highest movement penalty (or maybe less penalty for Sanctuary) - 2nd level: passable by Sanctuary heroes only, but with enough penalty to not make it any more...
by Zamolxis
10 Apr 2011, 09:48
Forum: Campfire
Topic: [NSFW] Dream Girls #2
Replies: 799
Views: 236227

Anyone we know? The left one could do a great Kate Beckinsale and the right one could almost do a young Catherine Zeta-Jones... but in fact I guess they're just some random dream girls, aren't they? :p * * * Which reminds me: http://images.askmen.com/photos/kate-beckinsale/239.jpg x http://www.celeb...
by Zamolxis
17 Mar 2011, 01:51
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Last faction - Sanctuary
Replies: 134
Views: 62322

You're right. Take the examples I mentioned rather symbolic if you want... Ubi's messed up at least as many things as Nival in H5, but the Black Dragon was not their fault (plus, if you read my sentence again, I'm trying to make a different point, not that related to the H5 Black Dragons). But maybe...
by Zamolxis
16 Mar 2011, 22:28
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Last faction - Sanctuary
Replies: 134
Views: 62322

@Muszka: You cannot kill that which is already dead. Ubi killed most of traditions in H5 already. And I'm talking of things more dear to me than Black Dragons (which yes, in a way we had in H5, but they were neither really black, nor really cool, nor majestic, nor anything I would have expected them...
by Zamolxis
12 Mar 2011, 11:47
Topic: Figurine Coming Along
Replies: 11
Views: 4538

Figurine Coming Along

@jeff: People who don't know much about the H5 story have all my respect and admiration. :P

Go to advanced search