For the public interest (with thanks to Jennifer Bullard for sharing):

by Corlagon
09 Jul 2012, 15:53
Forum: News
Topic: Reselling DL-ed Games Legal in EU
Replies: 28
Views: 12196

Re: Reselling DL-ed Games Legal in EU

hellegennes wrote:Since when are Irish (independent or not) not British?
As somebody who actually is Irish, I take obligatory mild offence at this question.
by Corlagon
28 Jun 2012, 18:19
Topic: Return to VARN
Replies: 18
Views: 10996

Re: Return to VARN

MMXAlamar wrote:By the way, you should tell Ubisoft to start selling LOMM again. They are doing a **** job taking care of that game.
You must be joking.
by Corlagon
28 Jun 2012, 16:27
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Contributing to Celestial Heavens Wiki
Replies: 34
Views: 21897

Hello guys, I'm deeply sorry for the delayed response, but I have very infrequent stable internet access of late, due to personal issues. That aside, I would love to be contributing to the CH wiki on a regular basis as before, but Ubisoft's handling of Heroes VI has diminished my enthusiasm in the s...
by Corlagon
23 Apr 2012, 13:26
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The GOOD of H6
Replies: 21
Views: 14217

Complex 3D adventure map frills appear to me to be much more harmful to these games than good, considering that creating a map of your own now takes months on end, applying layer after layer of non-interactive eyecandy - whereas in H1-3 even a beginner can whip together a good design in ten minutes....
by Corlagon
18 Apr 2012, 13:09
Topic: Patch 1.3 Launches, Black Hole Replaced
Replies: 50
Views: 21474

If I might say something, for what it's worth - if you are going to blame a certain individual within Ubisoft or Black Hole for Heroes VI's severe problems, don't pin that blame on Marzhin. Out of all the people currently associated with the Might and Magic franchise on an official level, he is the ...
by Corlagon
17 Apr 2012, 10:12
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Blackhole vs. Ubisoft update - An alleged BH dev speaks out
Replies: 16
Views: 10054

No, the post you quoted in the first place was indeed from him. Then he deleted it for some reason.
by Corlagon
06 Apr 2012, 23:05
Topic: M&M GoG Sale
Replies: 24
Views: 11368

Probably because it's much more popular.
by Corlagon
29 Mar 2012, 14:42
Topic: Poll: What To Do First
Replies: 33
Views: 17911

I would like H6 to be abandoned and fresh work to begin on H7. I'm not sure that I understand this train of thought. Heroes V was a mess, but became good enough with expansions to warrant a second chance. Heroes VI squandered that chance in the majority of respects. So you support extending a third...
by Corlagon
06 Mar 2012, 16:17
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: 100 Questions About the World of Might and Magic
Replies: 132
Views: 63495

- Is Agar canonically dead? All the quest- and plot-related deaths are suposed to be canonical in MM, but Agar's Laboratory is just a bonus, not having anything to do with beating the game or completing any quest. He may well have survived the heroes' visit there (if they went there at all). If you...
by Corlagon
27 Feb 2012, 22:41
Topic: Patching Plan Announced!
Replies: 20
Views: 11111

At a bare minimum, a campaign editor implies simple things like sequenced maps, carryover heroes (and other data), an overland campaign map, and maybe the ability to enable and determine story branches. Heroes II's fan mapmakers got by with numbering their missions way back, but it's 2012 now, so th...
by Corlagon
22 Feb 2012, 13:25
Topic: Might and Magic IX (Writ of Fate): The Lands of Rysh [Map]
Replies: 15
Views: 11984

Tim Lang told him where it is and he marked it in.
by Corlagon
17 Feb 2012, 10:43

Fun fact: MM2 mentions that Corak was able to get a tan...
by Corlagon
15 Feb 2012, 14:19

He's probably just a troll. I don't have a strong opinion on this myself, but several websites claimed it's Corak on the cover with no basis that I know of. The counter question seems a bit disingenuous, since some of the covers like MM6-MM8 showed generic parties of generic characters, but MM4 and ...
by Corlagon
15 Feb 2012, 13:55

I realise that, but it's hardly a conclusive principle that he would also have to be blue here, because didn't you notice that another character who was blue-skinned in the cartoony earlier games (Kastore) later appeared with white skin in the more realistic MM7. The second Corak who showed up in th...
by Corlagon
15 Feb 2012, 13:13

Thanks for the ideas, another question:

Is it wise to assume that this guy is a more "realistic" depiction of Corak (his ribcage does look fairly artificial...), somebody else, or just some ambiguous badass character who is not even necessarily seen in the games?
by Corlagon
13 Feb 2012, 18:28

Replaying MM8, I recalled one thing I never really comprehended... does anybody happen to have any idea/explanation as to why the Regnan Pirates owned a contemporary submarine?
by Corlagon
13 Feb 2012, 14:04
Topic: Might and Magic Tribute: 2012 Update
Replies: 32
Views: 31590

Erm, better late than never I guess. :P

The positioning is perfectly reliable. Barring Asomath's new map, it was the closest anyone ever got based on available data.
by Corlagon
04 Feb 2012, 01:04
Topic: wiki.celestialheavens.com - move
Replies: 15
Views: 7911

Yeah. It's a long story.
by Corlagon
01 Feb 2012, 13:10
Topic: Might and Magic Tribute: 2012 Update
Replies: 32
Views: 31590

If there is a rewrite, I imagine it would be out of necessity since the present plot/setting is incompatible with Might and Magic's canon in some respects. Story isn't everything. As it is now, I can see a few ways to tweak the Karigor idea but hold on to the vast majority of the game design (basic ...

Go to advanced search