Search found 19 matches

by kucing
07 Oct 2007, 02:06
Forum: Articles
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Decoupling
Replies: 22
Views: 12576

Hammers of Fate ￾¨ Ylaya's Quest ￾¨ The Decoupling

Good walkthrough! A point to add: it is possible to destroy orange and the two garrisons in the first week and arrive at Horncrest on the last day. However, to do this you must not grab anything or visit any building. That means you go straight from G1 -> town B -> town F -> town E -> G2. Yes, it me...
by kucing
19 Sep 2007, 08:45
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM8 on XP
Replies: 4
Views: 4852

Grab the unofficial patch from CH or http://www.flamestryke.com/mm8

Then run it under Win98 compatibility mode.
by kucing
19 Sep 2007, 04:32
Topic: They just don't make games this good anymore!
Replies: 12
Views: 5373

On the other hand the focius is on combat and not on roleplaying as such a la Planescape Torment or Fallout. 8| Torment has much more RPG element in it than Might and Magic! Fallout is approximately similar to MM. If you are looking for RPG with not much role playing then the following meets that c...
by kucing
18 Sep 2007, 12:41
Topic: MM7: CSSS party
Replies: 20
Views: 12677

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:You forgot Liches & Vampires, though it's unlikely you'll have many to kill when going dark.
I am 100% sure you can kill vampires and liches with sharpmetal since I cleared out a few areas that I probably shouldn't. Try it out. :D
by kucing
18 Sep 2007, 08:39
Topic: MM7: Knight vs Monk
Replies: 23
Views: 28938

Staves not working with armsmaster sounds like a bug. It's a melee weapon right? So it should work.
by kucing
18 Sep 2007, 08:37

As a tip for the sorcerers magic selection I would advice to grandmaster air for all of them. Sparks and Lightning bolt are deadly if you have more than one character casting them. Earth and Fire are not that great in my opinion. Of course one character with grandmaster water as soon as possible wi...
by kucing
17 Sep 2007, 01:36

MM7: CSSS party

Introduction I have used PTCS, KMCS, RACS and PACS but I have never tried CSSS before. The CSSS party is basically the strongest party that I have ever played with. They have a killer heavy artillery capability although their melee is pretty weak. Of course they go with the dark side for maximum da...
by kucing
16 Sep 2007, 22:53
Topic: MM7: immolation does not work?
Replies: 6
Views: 4060

Doesn't sound good at all. At battle, the range is too short to hurt anyone and when in towns it can hurt villagers. Sounds like a very bad spell.
by kucing
16 Sep 2007, 22:48

Thanks a lot for that. It seems knight is superior than monk except if the party does not have anyone else who can disarm traps.
by kucing
16 Sep 2007, 13:18

MM7: Knight vs Monk

Which of the class is stronger? I know that monk is for sure weaker in the beginning but it gets much stronger especially after it gets the unarmed and staff combo. Assuming the monk and knight is around the same level, say 50, the skills are allocated correctly (e.g. knights go with sword, armsmast...
by kucing
15 Sep 2007, 17:46
Topic: You knew it was coming... favorite M&M game!
Replies: 60
Views: 20950

Has to be MM7. The light/dark branching is a very good idea. The skill system is also better than MM6 and adds replayability.
by kucing
15 Sep 2007, 17:43

Yep thanks for that. Apparently the party has to be super close for it to work. The tick is also quite long. Another spell that can potentially be fun/useful becomes poor.
by kucing
15 Sep 2007, 15:09

MM7: immolation does not work?

I tried casting immolation when being surrounded by undeads in turn based mode. After a few turns, none of the enemies get injured and the party does not move at all. According to the spell description, it should damage those monsters around me, but it does not! So is it broken? I am using MOK's pat...
by kucing
15 Sep 2007, 15:07
Topic: MM6-MM8: Are earth and mind the weakest schools?
Views: 11705

I don't think that these schools are weak but they are used less then other magic schools. They are the weakest hence used less, which is the point. Earth Magic - mass distorsion isn't IMO joke - if someone has a lot of hp (dragons, titans or someone with 30 000hp ;)) then this spell is very useful...
by kucing
11 Sep 2007, 09:59

That's good that people also find earth and mind to be weaker than the rest. I guess they didn't put too much thought on school balancing.
by kucing
10 Sep 2007, 22:16

MM6-MM8: Are earth and mind the weakest schools?

Since MM6, I noticed that earth and mind are the weakest school. Earth's mass distortion is a joke while other offensive spells are done better by fire or air. The only thing that may make earth worthwhile is the telekinensis. Mind's enslave does not worth to get GM for. It is nice to give a distrac...
by kucing
10 Sep 2007, 22:09
Topic: MM7: handling trapped chest
Replies: 8
Views: 6190

Thanks for that, I never knew that you can take less damage depending on where you are facing. Gonna try that! :-D
by kucing
10 Sep 2007, 11:45

But how about if it is a party of non disarmer? E.g. KKPP?
by kucing
10 Sep 2007, 11:15

MM7: handling trapped chest

What are ways that can be used to handle traps in chests? Here are a few that I am aware of: 1. Have a thief in your party. 2. Use telekinensis. 3. Suck it up (i.e. let it explode). 4. Ignore the chest. Assuming you are playing with a party that does not include thieves or earth capable caster, how ...

Go to advanced search