Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Quantomas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Quantomas » 26 Jan 2012, 18:13

This is only a brief reply in order to avoid hijacking this thread. I also play in 1920x1080 resolution natively, quite a good number of maps for fun and testing, and had both a Nvidia and ATI card, but never encountered those two bugs. So, I only can assume it is setup or installation related. If you like you can post the bugs on our board and we will track these. Maybe someone else has seen something like it.
Do you love strategy games? Join us on Discord: discord.gg/JKU6tey
Project website: quantomas.de

sturmblade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sturmblade » 02 Apr 2012, 14:05

Well Hi any word on the release of the last chapters?AS i beleave this started in the year 2007.and heros 6 is now out.Just an update please?

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 02 Apr 2012, 15:23

Nothing at all.

Anyway, the LotA storyline contradicts canon in some aspects (although it would still be nice if it was finally released).
Last edited by XEL II on 24 Oct 2016, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 05 Apr 2012, 18:11

Hi there, since our scripter can't continue his work, we need a substitute...

ruslan-gonch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ruslan-gonch » 24 Jun 2012, 10:48

So, did you find the substitute?

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 28 Jun 2012, 09:39

No.

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 01 Jul 2012, 20:16

Darkjak is available again now, for few weeks. I hope Cepheus/Corlagon is still around.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 02 Jul 2012, 01:03

No, Cepheus will be unavailable for a long time, no internet connection in his current location.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 04 Jul 2012, 12:16

Corlagon wrote: Aside from small tweaks, the mapmaking is now finished once and for all, and I think I've found a reliable scripter. Depending on how much more ambitious we get, it should still be on track. But one way or the other you will get a great campaign. I do however swear on my life here and now that LotA will not become like WoG 3.59. It will be released this year, or bust :P
The text above was written by Corlagon in July 2011. I still wonder if the remaining unfinished books 3 and 4 out of the planned four chapters of the LotA project shall be finished. It would be nice to get to play all books (1-4) in a row with Wizard Q's magnificent AI Mod for H5 installed.

I do not wish to give you the impression of me being a guy nagging for petty things. Quite the contrary, as I do understand the difficult, tenuous process of creating a full Heroes campaign with a scope as large as LotA's. The H5 map editor is often a too technical one to get something out of it, and it requires that people making maps utilizing the Nival made H5 editor to be familiar not only with that particular program but also knowing scripting language & possessing related software handling skills.

With this said, you can understand why yours truly does not make maps for H5. But I do, however, admire the works of others and I do value the amount of work put into great community projects such as LotA.

My thoughts are with the LotA Team and I wish them all the best.
Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

stoutheartedxvx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Using Legends of the Ancients with a Steam.com Download

Unread postby stoutheartedxvx » 18 Jul 2012, 02:31

Is it possible to play Legends of the Ancients with a steam.com download instead of the game installed onto a hard drive with CDs?

I've attempted to follow the directions in the LotA readme, but the problem is that my game file only has a profile folder where saves are kept; I do not see a usermods folder anywhere.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Re: Using Legends of the Ancients with a Steam.com Download

Unread postby markkur » 26 Jul 2012, 14:21

stoutheartedxvx wrote:...but the problem is that my game file only has a profile folder where saves are kept; I do not see a usermods folder anywhere.
Try creating that folder under the TotE's main folder. This missing sub-folder should appear on the same file-layer as "Maps". Btw, mine reads "UserMODs".

ruslan-gonch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ruslan-gonch » 08 Sep 2012, 15:50

Er... Is LotA still alive?

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 09 Sep 2012, 10:22

Hardly.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 12 Sep 2012, 18:46

"I do however swear on my life here and now that LotA will not become like WoG 3.59. It will be released this year, or bust :P"

The text above was written by Corlagon in July 2011. So there you have it...
If Parts 3 & 4 are not released by the end of 2011 they will remain shelved.

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 24 Sep 2012, 21:27

I just asked our scripter now. Waiting for his answer.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Playing Lota

Unread postby c1a1 » 29 Sep 2012, 07:27

(I hope I'm posting my question in the proper place, if no please excuse me and direct me to the right place).

Some month ago I've downloaded the latest lota from this site, installed it and played all the available chapters to completion (enjoyed it a lot).
Now I want to play it again so again I installed it acoording to instructions in the readme file. I see the lotascreen but the campaigns shows only a blank no chapters to choose from although I can see all the games (individualy) in the custom map menu and I can play the individual games from there. I want to play it again as a camaign, can you please help me and tell me what I must do?

ruslan-gonch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ruslan-gonch » 04 Nov 2012, 10:08

Mmm, so what was the scripter's answer?

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 05 Nov 2012, 14:16

Issues with his computer... But it was more than one month ago, so I try to contact him again. ;|

EDIT: He can't continue... :(

Assryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Assryn » 06 Nov 2012, 21:26

Ho crap .... What shall we do now ?

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 07 Nov 2012, 08:54

@Zenithale

I know of one person I could ask. Is there a lot of work left? and is it all planned?

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”