A tutorial for homm3(the spoiler of a Chinese map-way home)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 17 Oct 2010, 16:25

Yes the devils will help greatly at this stage:). Gabriel will use them only vs the champions and dread knights so he doesn't need another hero to send him troops. Lim goes to swan pond after beating the titans and then rick assembles cornucopia then flees from any battle. Lim will rehire him at tavern and after that the dismissed Gabriel. All will put their boots and go on :).

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/247391 ... _2-2-2.GM1

I have not much time to play these days but I'll try to advance a bit anyway :).

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 18 Oct 2010, 00:48

Pacifist wrote:Yes the devils will help greatly at this stage:). Gabriel will use them only vs the champions and dread knights so he doesn't need another hero to send him troops. Lim goes to swan pond after beating the titans and then rick assembles cornucopia then flees from any battle. Lim will rehire him at tavern and after that the dismissed Gabriel. All will put their boots and go on :).

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/247391 ... _2-2-2.GM1

I have not much time to play these days but I'll try to advance a bit anyway :).
You play it better than me,I think you will complete it in 3 months.

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 20 Oct 2010, 14:13

I'm not sure I made the right decisions, time will tell. I earned some days but wasted much gold. For example at the beginning of 2-2-4 I had +- 150.000 gold and now with 3 more towns (Inferno and 2 tower) the same day and having learned blind and captured 2 utopias (60.000 gold total), I have now +- 100.000 gold. Means I used 110.000 gold in tavern costs...Maybe not that interesting, depends if we will need much gold in the future ? I have the feeling I mixed some things but don't have the energy to look in more detail.

Rick captured 2 utopias after the faerie dragons, Lim captured the inferno town but Gabriel (thanks to pathfinding and logistics) captured the 2 tower towns always with no movement left.

Last save :

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/247852 ... _suite.GM1

edit : Ah, I forgot that I bought creatures, upgrades, etc for +- 50.000 gold
so finally I used the money from utopias only, but still is it worth, that's the question.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 21 Oct 2010, 00:47

Pacifist wrote:I'm not sure I made the right decisions, time will tell. I earned some days but wasted much gold. For example at the beginning of 2-2-4 I had +- 150.000 gold and now with 3 more towns (Inferno and 2 tower) the same day and having learned blind and captured 2 utopias (60.000 gold total), I have now +- 100.000 gold. Means I used 110.000 gold in tavern costs...Maybe not that interesting, depends if we will need much gold in the future ? I have the feeling I mixed some things but don't have the energy to look in more detail.

Rick captured 2 utopias after the faerie dragons, Lim captured the inferno town but Gabriel (thanks to pathfinding and logistics) captured the 2 tower towns always with no movement left.

Last save :

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/247852 ... _suite.GM1

edit : Ah, I forgot that I bought creatures, upgrades, etc for +- 50.000 gold
so finally I used the money from utopias only, but still is it worth, that's the question.
Money is not necessary in this map,because the troops you take almost are sent by events or seers in the later period :D

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 21 Oct 2010, 08:34

benbird wrote: Money is not necessary in this map,because the troops you take almost are sent by events or seers in the later period :D
Ah, ok, then I can visit one library (+2 all stats) with the 3 heroes now and visit the utopia next to Equinox town :).

I wonder if Season did that on purpose but the +12 sword seems to be guarded by the enchanters but you can take it without fighting if you pass by the magic well. The fight is easy anyway at this stage but that's another thing :).

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 21 Oct 2010, 11:35

Benbird,

Out of topic, is there a plan to make an english version of the other map of Season we can see on maps4heroes : Xiedu ? It seems an awesome map too :).

Are there other maps from Season too?

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 21 Oct 2010, 20:40

Well, I will take a break from this map because the same story seems to happen, AI never moves except day one to take some ressources :(. Seems the agressive script for AI radius 32000 doesn't work here. Should have played under SoD maybe. So it will be for another time, maybe.

The azures were beaten with 50 archdevils, an archmagi , a pikeman and 4 gremlins. Saved the archmagi only . Archdevils were faster than azures with prayer and Rick cast sorrow to balance the fear effect to a certain degree :). Now sorrow is better than spirit of oppression in many fights provided we have time to cast it of course :).

Last save, just after defeating Haber on day 2-2-6 :

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/248088 ... ht_fin.GM1

I am ready to capture second knight castle and send troops to Lim but I see no point to continue like that :(.

Anyway, great map and I'll try to play it later with SoD, only difference I'll don't see the movement display and creatures in dwellings infos.

Maybe then I'll try a different approach from beginning, now that I know better what to expect :)

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 21 Oct 2010, 21:31

That's interesting, when I made WoG Alexander I noticed the AI were very aggressive (taking portals every week but had to script AI recruiting heros, otherwise he did not recruit). Very strange that they don't move in this map, unfortunately none of the WoG formers are still around, to answer if any changes were made to AI behavior. Are you sure they will move under SOD? Maybe they have no where to go, or not interesting goals at short term.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 22 Oct 2010, 00:37

Pacifist wrote:Well, I will take a break from this map because the same story seems to happen, AI never moves except day one to take some ressources :(. Seems the agressive script for AI radius 32000 doesn't work here. Should have played under SoD maybe. So it will be for another time, maybe.
What a pity :-D

I don't know why they don't move 8|

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 22 Oct 2010, 00:48

Pacifist wrote:Benbird,

Out of topic, is there a plan to make an english version of the other map of Season we can see on maps4heroes : Xiedu ? It seems an awesome map too :).

Eh,season had made 4 maps in total,they are 'way home','The Lord of the Rings','profane','the legend of valiant men in Jinyong's story'.
Edit:the name is translated in English by me:-)

Every map he made is an excellent map :D

'xiedu' is a chinese name,English name is "profane' ,actually it is a peak in all of H3 maps I think.Very awesome!

However,translate a Chinese map is a very hard job,so I have no idea after made the english version of 'way home'
:D

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 22 Oct 2010, 09:24

Salamandre wrote:That's interesting, when I made WoG Alexander I noticed the AI were very aggressive (taking portals every week but had to script AI recruiting heros, otherwise he did not recruit). Very strange that they don't move in this map, unfortunately none of the WoG formers are still around, to answer if any changes were made to AI behavior. Are you sure they will move under SOD? Maybe they have no where to go, or not interesting goals at short term.

They move in the walkthrough as it is meant so I guess it's a problem with my configuration. Only the barbarian had a normal behaviour, sometimes he just gets out but other times he also attacks the ogres guarding the cape of cristal. Maybe in WoG the AI thinks differently when evaluating army strenght in impossible mode. I should try Xiedu map with Wog and see if hero with 1 gold dragon attacks me as in SoD. Maybe that can help understand...

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 22 Oct 2010, 09:26

benbird wrote:
Pacifist wrote:Well, I will take a break from this map because the same story seems to happen, AI never moves except day one to take some ressources :(. Seems the agressive script for AI radius 32000 doesn't work here. Should have played under SoD maybe. So it will be for another time, maybe.
What a pity :-D

I don't know why they don't move 8|

I will make some tests this week-end, maybe I can find something...

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 22 Oct 2010, 09:33

benbird wrote:
Pacifist wrote:Benbird,

Eh,season had made 4 maps in total,they are 'way home','The Lord of the Rings','profane','the legend of valiant men in Jinyong's story'.
Edit:the name is translated in English by me:-)

Every map he made is an excellent map :D

'xiedu' is a chinese name,English name is "profane' ,actually it is a peak in all of H3 maps I think.Very awesome!

However,translate a Chinese map is a very hard job,so I have no idea after made the english version of 'way home'
:D

I started for fun the first days of Xiedu map :). A surprise this gold dragon, lol after having make attention to win without casualties the fight vs the cleric :). Starting bonus cannot be artifact since we don't have that artifact soon, so gold or ressources. Seems the champions don't guard the chests and +1000 xp near library but maybe it's intended. That way main hero easily reachs lv3 and can free prisoner soon...Seems very enjoyable and challenging map, maybe it can be played without understanding chinese?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 22 Oct 2010, 09:33

Well, the only way would be to script AI to attack the main hero, similar to 300 spartans.

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 22 Oct 2010, 09:49

It seems a problem for red hero Curry that needs to visit brown tent and release the others (another red hero underground in the sea, and the castle knight). maybe Curry is afraid of the enchanters even if it seems very easy for him. I'll have to look into more detail tomorrow when I have a little time. It's weird anyway :).

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 23 Oct 2010, 02:16

Pacifist wrote:

I started for fun the first days of Xiedu map :). A surprise this gold dragon, lol after having make attention to win without casualties the fight vs the cleric :). Starting bonus cannot be artifact since we don't have that artifact soon, so gold or ressources. Seems the champions don't guard the chests and +1000 xp near library but maybe it's intended. That way main hero easily reachs lv3 and can free prisoner soon...Seems very enjoyable and challenging map, maybe it can be played without understanding chinese?
The hero with a gold dragon has 6246 level,and his specialty is 'sorcery',so it can be calculated by AI.

If you don't want to know the plot,I think it can be played without learning Chinese. :D

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 23 Oct 2010, 18:44

Pacifist wrote:It seems a problem for red hero Curry that needs to visit brown tent and release the others (another red hero underground in the sea, and the castle knight). maybe Curry is afraid of the enchanters even if it seems very easy for him. I'll have to look into more detail tomorrow when I have a little time. It's weird anyway :).

Ah, now it's too late to even change version of executable because it's all the fault of Jessie the knight that just stands there. She should have opened the brown guard as soon as Marcia visited the brown tent and then she releases Tapper too, and red player next turn is able to visit brown tent too, etc, ...Il I swicth from WoG to H3 complete after Marcia visits brown tent then Jessie immediately goes for the brown guard the next turn. So there is definetely a problem with Ai behaviour on the adventure map under WoG. Maybe it's random I don't know. Saxon Roar visted the brown guard so no problem for him.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 23 Oct 2010, 19:51

benbird wrote: The hero with a gold dragon has 6246 level,and his specialty is 'sorcery',so it can be calculated by AI.
Yep, it fuzzed me how was done. Even opened a thread about and got some interesting answers, but weeks ago.

http://wforum.heroes35.net/showthread.p ... 3#pid48313

Pacifist
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Pacifist » 24 Oct 2010, 09:26

I restarted under pure SoD this time so no more display movement convenience :(. Tried another approach to be able to buy all troops on day 5 and still be able to board. I had 2260 gold left after buying all units with speed 7 or more. So if needed 2000 gold can be spent in university but then first attack the master genies before visiting earth hut. The titan is enough to beat the zombies so we have max speed to take the rest of goods before returning to town and leave.

some screens :

http://img135.imageshack.us/g/wayhome012.jpg/

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 25 Oct 2010, 00:56

Pacifist wrote:I restarted under pure SoD this time so no more display movement convenience :(. Tried another approach to be able to buy all troops on day 5 and still be able to board. I had 2260 gold left after buying all units with speed 7 or more. So if needed 2000 gold can be spent in university but then first attack the master genies before visiting earth hut. The titan is enough to beat the zombies so we have max speed to take the rest of goods before returning to town and leave.

some screens :

http://img135.imageshack.us/g/wayhome012.jpg/
restart again? :-D

Return to “Heroes I-IV”