Translated HoMM3 Maps

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Translated HoMM3 Maps

Unread postby ByteBandit » 01 Jan 2010, 17:11

We have started yet another map page on CH. This one deals with translating non Engish HoMM3 maps into English ones. There are and will be various map versions on the pages. RoE, AB, SoD and WoG. The pages are well underway.
It may be a good idea to check the pages every now and then, because it is a work in progress. These maps will not be shown in the "New" map boxes on CH's main page. They'll appear when the maps have been translated to English.
All maps come with the usual documentation explaining various points of each map. Along with that, the original text that was written for the map is also included. The maps have been translated as close as possible to the original text by the authors.
Anyone who'd like to help us would be more than welcome. We have lots of maps to translate and we are overwhelmed with the amount we have to work on.

To download any map from the Translated HoMM3 Maps Pages , simply click the map picture, and your good to go. Questions, comments, suggestions, complaints and HELP are welcome.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 15 Feb 2010, 22:37

We have translated 100 maps into English as of this date. We'd like to know what you think of this project. Are there any maps you'd like to see translated? And has anyone tried playing them? Feedback would bolster our enthusiasm.... :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Feb 2010, 00:57

[general supportive feedback]You guys rooock! Yaaay! :applause: :hail:[/general supportive feedback]
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 03 May 2010, 06:45

We continue to add maps on the Translated map pages. We currently have over 150 maps up and continue to add more. With 8 pages up so far, we hope to finish with 20. That's the goal, anyway. We feel that we have enough in our database, and can get enough to do this with. That's why it's good to check the pages every now and then to see what's the latest.
The languages we are managing to translate are Russian, French, Czech, German, Hungarian, Polish and Latin. As English is the universal language, we have somewhat bridged the language barrier as best as possible. And with the English text included with each individual download, you could even translate the text to your own native language and put it in the map to play that way. :D

Thank you for the Thumbs up Kalah. Many players have been trying them out and have been pleased with the results.

Translated HoMM3 Maps Pages

bot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bot » 08 May 2010, 08:57

Excelent, maybe the team will also translate HOMM4 maps, Fragile World for example. I'm looking forward.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 31 May 2010, 19:02

bot wrote:Excelent, maybe the team will also translate HOMM4 maps, Fragile World for example. I'm looking forward.
Yes! We will eventually get around to translating H4 maps. But for this year, anyway, we plan on concentrating on H3 maps. Mainly because they are more popular than H4, and because we have so many H3 maps to translate. Our goal is to put up 400 translated H3 maps and so far, we have 180 as of this date to choose from.

I have reuploaded some maps that needed fixing with minor spelling problems and I have also included all the pics for Oceania (WoG) with that particular download.

We are now able to translate text from any language, including Chinese, into English now. If you think of a map that you feel you'd like to see translated and posted, let us know. Also, if you find some sort of mistake in any of the maps, let us know. We want the best maps possible up to play.

Thank you
Last edited by ByteBandit on 31 May 2010, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 31 May 2010, 19:06

I don't believe a word when you say "from chinese" :)

I started translating from chinese and there is no way. Even Jim told me that he gave up.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 31 May 2010, 19:13

Salamandre wrote:I don't believe a word when you say "from chinese" :)

I started translating from chinese and there is no way. Even Jim told me that he gave up.
I've already done two of them. It takes a little patience, but I've been able to translate them. Chinese maps are actually easier to translate than Polish maps. They are far and away the hardest for me. :D

Ojcar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ojcar » 31 May 2010, 19:42

Nice contribution, there are maps i have never seen in there; you guys rock doing this. ;)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 11 Jun 2010, 17:04

Ojcar wrote:Nice contribution, there are maps i have never seen in there; you guys rock doing this. ;)
Thanks Ojcar. It's comments like that, that keeps us translating more maps. We now have over 200 maps translated, meaning we are halfway through where we want to be. The next 200 should be just as entertaining as the first. Enjoy them.... :)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 Jun 2010, 19:35

More Spelling errors on maps have been corrected and uploaded. 100 Ghost Dragons, Highlander, Gnollandia, Barbaric Invasion, Campaign Against Zeus, The Last Elementalist, and a few others I can't recall off hand. The rest of the maps should be error free. :)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Excellent work!

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 05 Jul 2010, 20:03

Just wanted to say that you're doing an outstanding service to the international community by translating all these foreign gems. A huge Thank you, BB :) Splendid job so far. Keep it up friend.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 Jul 2010, 17:25

Thanks Yurian. It is a team effort by Jim Vogan and I. We certainly have been busy with it. We currently have 250 maps up on the 13 pages of maps, as of this date.
We have all 5 maps of "The Arena" series translated and up now. The latest and last of the series, Dracons Home, is on page 13, while the others are on page 7. A great Hungarian series, I must say. In English, much better for me, as I apologize to my fellow Hungarian speakers. :)
More maps will come as time progresses, and as usual, check for the newest ones posted once they are completed.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Chinese maps

Unread postby benbird » 14 Aug 2010, 03:11

ByteBandit wrote:
Salamandre wrote:I don't believe a word when you say "from chinese" :)

I've already done two of them. It takes a little patience, but I've been able to translate them. Chinese maps are actually easier to translate than Polish maps. They are far and away the hardest for me. :D
hi,I am a Chinese player of H3,can you tell me which Chinese maps you have finished? :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Chinese maps

Unread postby Pol » 14 Aug 2010, 08:20

ByteBandit wrote: ..than Polish maps. They are far and away the hardest for me.
If I ever get a time I will look at them. Polish and Czech maps are easiest to translate for me, Russian require transilterator but after that I sorta catch the meaning. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 16 Aug 2010, 05:12

Thanks to Jim Vogan helping me getting H3/WoG working permanently without crashing on the Win 7 64 bit OS now, I will be putting up more maps soon.

The Chinese maps that are up that I can think of are Volcano of Evil and Shango Zhi.

Look over the maps when you can, Pol, and if you feel up to it, translate a couple from the slew of maps from the Archives if you like. :D

Russian maps are easy to translate if you have MS Office. For me their among the easiest. Whereas Central European maps wear me out. German maps are easy to translate. Along with French and especially easy with Spanish and Italian.

benbird
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby benbird » 16 Aug 2010, 05:29

Volcano of Evil and Shango Zhi???

oh,I don't know the origin maps of the name,maybe the name is diffrent from Chinese name? 8|

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Aug 2010, 05:30

ByteBandit wrote:Thanks to Jim Vogan helping me getting H3/WoG working permanently without crashing on the Win 7 64 bit OS now, I will be putting up more maps soon.
What all was necessary to be fixed?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 16 Aug 2010, 15:15

We thought taking a copy of H3/WoG from an XP machine would fix the problem. But after playing the game continually it never did the trick either. Here's the error I keep getting before the game freezes:

******************************_Exception_(trace_details)_******************************
### Location: 8 : 3690
### Location: 1 : 9456
### Location: 8 : 3690
### Location: 6 : 2319

EIP = {0x005FE345}, Access Violation. Attempt to {write} the

SEND THIS DUMP OR FILE "WOGCRASHLOG.TXT" (ZIPPED) TO {H3NL@NAROD.RU}
Last edited by ByteBandit on 17 Aug 2010, 06:57, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 16 Aug 2010, 15:40

Hehe, I'm curious if that mail -H3NL@NAROD.RU- is still working :D

Memory errors are the worst. Could be driver (both vga+audio) could be firewall or antivirus - there may be worth to define program as an exception.

Mostly it looks like a driver issue. Can you try to install different versions of vga and/or potentially audio drivers and see if there's any change?

What do you have for graphics and audio card?
We thought taking a copy of H3/WoG from an XP machine would fix the problem. But after playing the game continually it never did the trick either. Here's the error I keep getting before the game freezes:
Actually it should, together with registry fix. But, that won't be the issue.
"We made it!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”